Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 13315 13316 13317 ... 22713 22714 22715
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2013-09-09 16:28:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait a bit, it'll show on both.
[+]
MSPaint Winner
By Ohji Lunartail 2013-09-09 16:29:11
Link | Quote | Reply

yea had to log in/out for it to work lol
[+]
MSPaint Winner
By Ohji Lunartail 2013-09-09 16:30:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Spath Aian said: »
Mine works everywhere. :<
he does get around :I
user: misacat
By Nadleeh Sakurai 2013-09-09 16:31:17
Link | Quote | Reply

;o
[+]
user: Spathaian
By Spath Aian 2013-09-09 16:31:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ohji Lunartail said: »
Spath Aian said: »
Mine works everywhere. :<
he does get around :I
Take that back!
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Misao 2013-09-09 16:37:48
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
MSPaint Winner
By Ohji Lunartail 2013-09-09 16:38:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Misao said: »
[+]
 Fenrir.Weakness
Server: Fenrir
user: Weakness
By Fenrir.Weakness 2013-09-09 16:53:35
Link | Quote | Reply

All you guys with your XIV pictures and talk making me want to play XIV...

I know exactly what would happen if I actually did find a copy for PC though. I would play for like 3 weeks, not make any friends and try to solo everything, get annoyed or bored, and then just never touch it again D:

Stop making me want to play you ***.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2013-09-09 16:55:22
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2013-09-09 17:11:57
Link | Quote | Reply

2 girls on a chocobo ?
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2013-09-09 17:13:58
Link | Quote | Reply

It's days like today that remind me of why I read Romantic literature as I slip deeper into melancholy.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2013-09-09 17:25:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Hevans said: »
thinking about building a computer i can mount in my trunk and installing a touchscreen monitor head unit. i can run a usb cable to the front of the car and use my phone to connect it to the internet. full netflix, youtube, and steam/emulator access in my car.

never done something like this, but i think i can install a second car battery to the alternator and use that to power the system. i'll get a big sheet of aluminum with an equal sized rubber mat and drill it into the floor of the trunk. then i can cut out mounts from a pc case, drill them into the aluminum sheet, and run an hdmi cable from the video card to the head unit and use it for all media.

i think it's my ultimate nerd project. i'd probably have to build something to put over the top of it to keep out dust and install a bunch of fans in.

I've heard of people using ITX and fitting them in the dash. Apparently they're a bit bigger with a custom case than a radio.

Another option would be to use something like an HP USDT as they have a dc input, but you'd have to up it to at least 19v, I think they're rated at 19.5, and then check the current, whether or not that's the better option than just an inverter depends on the quality and your skills. an ITX build would probably be cheaper.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2013-09-09 17:36:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Magnuss said: »
It's days like today that remind me of why I read Romantic literature as I slip deeper into melancholy.
Zero-G Juggs isn't exactly romantic literature.
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2013-09-09 18:05:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't been called in to work on a night I had off in... forever...

and of course it would be on a day that I stayed up all morning. x.x

Nap time, I suppose.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
Server: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2013-09-09 18:26:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
thinking about building a computer i can mount in my trunk and installing a touchscreen monitor head unit. i can run a usb cable to the front of the car and use my phone to connect it to the internet. full netflix, youtube, and steam/emulator access in my car.

never done something like this, but i think i can install a second car battery to the alternator and use that to power the system. i'll get a big sheet of aluminum with an equal sized rubber mat and drill it into the floor of the trunk. then i can cut out mounts from a pc case, drill them into the aluminum sheet, and run an hdmi cable from the video card to the head unit and use it for all media.

i think it's my ultimate nerd project. i'd probably have to build something to put over the top of it to keep out dust and install a bunch of fans in.

I've heard of people using ITX and fitting them in the dash. Apparently they're a bit bigger with a custom case than a radio.

Another option would be to use something like an HP USDT as they have a dc input, but you'd have to up it to at least 19v, I think they're rated at 19.5, and then check the current, whether or not that's the better option than just an inverter depends on the quality and your skills. an ITX build would probably be cheaper.

i have a friend who's dad is a long time mechanic who was trained in the army to do electrical work. i'm gonna go to him with my idea to determine the feasibility of what i want to do. then, have a professional place do the audio install and run the wires through the car. planning on this taking a few months since i'll get components separately. i'll probably gonna make a thread once i actually start.

*edit* it would probably be cheaper and easier to just get a laptop and put it in the glovebox or something.
By Jetackuu 2013-09-09 19:02:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »

i have a friend who's dad is a long time mechanic who was trained in the army to do electrical work. i'm gonna go to him with my idea to determine the feasibility of what i want to do. then, have a professional place do the audio install and run the wires through the car. planning on this taking a few months since i'll get components separately. i'll probably gonna make a thread once i actually start.

*edit* it would probably be cheaper and easier to just get a laptop and put it in the glovebox or something.

It would be rather easy to calculate the wattage needed to power a small computer and a small little screen. I'd honestly get the screen as 12v dc input as they're rather easy to find. You should be able to run the PC off a small inverter, now as far as hooking a second battery to your alternator, I'd speak to a mechanic first, as I am not one.

I do know however that you'll probably want to hook it up close to the battery, as pulling that much current through the length of the car would require rather thick cable, and make sure to put a fuse in, decently under the cable rating, just in case. You don't want a fire.

Not sure exactly how elaborate you wanted to take it, but also might want to check your state laws to see if it's legal to have a screen that can be viewed by the driver while in motion, may not be, may get a ticket.

I thought about spending $200~ On a computer, and about another $200 on getting it installed, maybe a bit more if I wanted to increase the size of the screen. Get a usb gps, and bluetooth.

Pretty much get a $1000+ system in the care for under $500. Not to mention could put a ssd and a mechanical disk in, one for OS/speed the other to store music on.

Could even get elaborate and have a flip down keyboard on the passenger side ^.^
Server: Ultros
user: chuuuuu
By Chu Baka 2013-09-09 19:02:14
Link | Quote | Reply

oh would you look at that :o
[+]
By Jetackuu 2013-09-09 19:22:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Chu Chu said: »
oh would you look at that :o
what?
 Asura.Chuuuuu
Server: Asura
By Asura.Chuuuuu 2013-09-09 19:25:47
Link | Quote | Reply

verified my 14 character :|
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
Server: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2013-09-09 19:41:34
Link | Quote | Reply

chugga chugga chugga chugga chugga chugga

please tell me someone made a character named chugga chugga?
[+]
 Asura.Chuuuuu
Server: Asura
By Asura.Chuuuuu 2013-09-09 20:02:14
Link | Quote | Reply

chugga chugga chugga chugga chugga chugga

please tell me someone made a character named chugga chugga?
my chocobo is named chugga chugga

[+]
By Jetackuu 2013-09-09 20:32:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I still can't reactivate /wrists
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2013-09-09 23:26:08
Link | Quote | Reply

So fun financial aid fustercluck story time.

This year I applied for TAP and qualified for $1500 per semester (YAY!)
The day classes started my TAP showed up as cancelled in my financial aid package (WTF!)
After visiting the financial aid office twice, I was given a "best guess" that it was because I was getting 100% GI Bill benefits, I was okay with this.
I learned that I am not getting 100% GI Bill benefits so I contact the school again!
They tell me that sometimes they "temporarily cancel" TAP with GI Bill students until it can be confirmed that they qualify and at which percentage so that the values displayed aren't inaccurate and that they are investigating the situation for me (this was the department head at this point).
Today I get a letter, this is the third week of classes, from the registrar office. "This is just FYI since you don't have TAP (because it is 'temporarily cancelled' the registrar thinks I don't have it), but we noticed you took ENGL 101 before and you are taking ENGL 102 now. This would have DQ'd you from TAP just so you know blah blah blah."

So now it looks like the ENGL 102 class I am taking is going to screw me out of $1500... maybe $3,000 total, and on top of that I am no longer even sure if it will count as an additional GER credit or not.

I am really glad they waited to catch this until 3 weeks into the semester instead of 3 months ago when I registered for the classes.
By Magnus Tarmon 2013-09-09 23:39:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Looky, I have an FFXIV character, too!
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Magnus Tarmon 2013-09-09 23:44:22