Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Light Problem
Light Problem
 Phoenix.Hagino
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: hagino
By Phoenix.Hagino 2011-02-08 04:58:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I seem to be having a problem with my lights, everyone but me would be capped but even after 90 mins of trying to get lights for just me, my blue boxes are extremely random. sometimes i will get ISL but most of the time it is just crap.

I just killed 3 Farfadets and got 1 faint soothing light, one intense and one 200 cruor box.... everyone else is getting capped azure but me.

I checked the other thread and it says emerald abyssite of furtherance but everyone else here has it... anyone else experiencing the same problem?
 Asura.Darkultima
Server: Asura
By Asura.Darkultima 2011-02-08 05:11:26
Link | Quote | Reply

We have the same problem, but generally in abyssea - attohwa.
After ~15+ ephemeral murex azure'd, we still get T3 chests.
And yeah, we do posses all "enhancing light" abyssites, so it obviously aint the problem.
Also yup, we sometime get capped chest, like every 3 or 4 chests, weird <_<
 Phoenix.Hagino
By Phoenix.Hagino 2011-02-08 05:12:27
Link | Quote | Reply

this is becoming a problem for lowmanning...i dont know what to do at this point.
 Asura.Darkultima
By Asura.Darkultima 2011-02-08 05:13:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Indeed, ending up taking 60mins for a TE (only in attohwa at least) and since we're only 6~...
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-02-08 05:18:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I notice this alot in attohwa too >_<
Used to take like 3 murexes to cap Azure, now you gotta do 6-10 of them to cap >_>
Ninjanerf?
 Phoenix.Hagino
By Phoenix.Hagino 2011-02-08 05:25:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Its only me, everyone else in my group is capped.

Im in the plateau
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2011-02-08 05:25:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
I notice this alot in attohwa too >_< Used to take like 3 murexes to cap Azure, now you gotta do 6-10 of them to cap >_> Ninjanerf?

Well with scars areas it will take more now since no one is doing bastion anymore so we lose those buffs to out lights and stats (easyest to see in hp, im getting 3-500less of it in those zones then i used to)
 Phoenix.Hagino
By Phoenix.Hagino 2011-02-08 05:28:21
Link | Quote | Reply

i just got a princely box followed by a strong soothing....my ruby doesnt seem to reset though >:(

two days since ive experianced this
 Asura.Darkultima
By Asura.Darkultima 2011-02-08 05:29:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Aint hp martello related?
And also, bastion affect lights? >.>
 Phoenix.Hagino
By Phoenix.Hagino 2011-02-08 05:29:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Im in vision zone....
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-02-08 05:30:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ina said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
I notice this alot in attohwa too >_< Used to take like 3 murexes to cap Azure, now you gotta do 6-10 of them to cap >_> Ninjanerf?

Well with scars areas it will take more now since no one is doing bastion anymore so we lose those buffs to out lights and stats (easyest to see in hp, im getting 3-500less of it in those zones then i used to)

Did'nt really think about those buffs having an effect on lights <_>
But OPs problem is wierd for sure =/
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2011-02-08 05:37:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Asura.Ina said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Did'nt really think about those buffs having an effect on lights <_> But OPs problem is wierd for sure =/

I'm pritty sure if you talk to the npc about the martello cores he will tell you one of them effects lights...

As for the op have you tryed reporting it to a GM? Getting a random box down at the bottom of the range happens once in a while but if it's always happening might be worth mentioning to them.
 Phoenix.Hagino
By Phoenix.Hagino 2011-02-08 05:37:49
Link | Quote | Reply

2 hours later and im still getting 1000 exp boxes...mixed in with 200 cruor...
 Asura.Darkultima
By Asura.Darkultima 2011-02-08 05:38:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Abyssea seem *** up, lately.
We've had some really weird problems in abyssea, in all three zones (vision scar heroes).
Like mobs that stay passive when you voke/attack them, chests that doesnt pop when you kill a mob, or pop far away from the dead body...
And that famous light problem.
Weirder thing we had was with ironclad pulverizer, we were 5manning it, i was straight tanking.
He used that ballistic kick move (that nakid you and encumbre you).
It wear off ~2mins later, then you can use your gear again, but with me...it dint.
The lil icon disapeared, got the message "Darkultima is no longer encumbered" but i still couldnt equip my stuff <_<
Ended up killing it with fists and magic, lol.
Someone broke abyssea <_<

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Tamoa
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2011-02-08 05:53:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't say I have experienced lights problems in any other zone but Attohwa - which supposedly has been broken from day 1?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Darkultima
By Asura.Darkultima 2011-02-08 05:56:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Asura.Darkultima said:
chests that doesnt pop when you kill a mob

Hey! Dirt bag! 95% drop rate for chests. :P

Quit being so mean in port too, only I can do that.

By that i mean, you get the message that a chest poped, but you cant target it D:
 Caitsith.Ravant
Server: Caitsith
user: Ravant
By Caitsith.Ravant 2011-02-08 06:02:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Darkultima said:
Weirder thing we had was with ironclad pulverizer, we were 5manning it, i was straight tanking. He used that ballistic kick move (that nakid you and encumbre you). It wear off ~2mins later, then you can use your gear again, but with me...it dint. The lil icon disapeared, got the message "Darkultima is no longer encumbered" but i still couldnt equip my stuff <_< Ended up killing it with fists and magic, lol. Someone broke abyssea <_<

This happened to a friend of mine too. We were farming up a rani pop and lowmanning with nin, rdm, pup and whm and even after it had worn he still couldnt equip his stuff for a good 5 min. At first I thought he was joking around. But after seeing him nuke naked for those 5 min and reading this I think thats broken lol
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2011-02-08 06:04:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I've been having a lot of chests drop that don't load, if I run 50' away then come back they usually load. I've also had a few that I can see but not target.

Worst of all is my aoe farming seems to be broken, sometimes I'll get regular drop rates, other times even with 20 mobs I'll get like, 1 chest drop.

Oh, and yes, I've noticed random low tier blue chests after azure is capped, and ephemerals in scars areas no longer capping azure in three kills.
 Asura.Darkultima
By Asura.Darkultima 2011-02-08 06:05:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Ravant said:
Asura.Darkultima said:
Weirder thing we had was with ironclad pulverizer, we were 5manning it, i was straight tanking. He used that ballistic kick move (that nakid you and encumbre you). It wear off ~2mins later, then you can use your gear again, but with me...it dint. The lil icon disapeared, got the message "Darkultima is no longer encumbered" but i still couldnt equip my stuff <_< Ended up killing it with fists and magic, lol. Someone broke abyssea <_<

This happened to a friend of mine too. We were farming up a rani pop and lowmanning with nin, rdm, pup and whm and even after it had worn he still couldnt equip his stuff for a good 5 min. At first I thought he was joking around. But after seeing him nuke naked for those 5 min and reading this I think thats broken lol

It lasted till i exited, personally x_X
 Phoenix.Hagino
By Phoenix.Hagino 2011-02-08 06:08:01
Link | Quote | Reply

well my lights fixed itself i guess? i dont really know what is going on i seem to be capped azure now
 Fenrir.Eneas
Server: Fenrir
user: Eneas
By Fenrir.Eneas 2011-02-08 06:08:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Correct me if im wrong but it all comes down to this in my opinion.

The light of the Ephemereal is connected on how you read them. "EP" ones will give a weaker light than "T".
Since last update SE implemented a change that Tougher version of the mob will despawn and reset over time to their "EP" version if noone fights them.

Edit: Happened to me more than once that Ephemereal just depop while i was midcast, so now i just pull them with stun.