Halo: Combat Evolved Remake
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2011-02-07 10:21:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Following months of rumors, Joystiq has reportedly confirmed that Microsoft is working on a remake of Halo: Combat Evolved. The redux of the classic shooter is apparently in development at New Jersey-based developer Saber Interactive, the shop behind TimeShift and the forthcoming Inversion, which GameSpot recently previewed.

A Halo: Combat Evolved remake is apparently in the works.
According to the gaming blog, the remake of Halo will use all-new art assets and will be based on a different engine than Halo: Reach. It will support 1080p and--reportedly--3D HDTVs, as well as online co-op. The original Halo: Combat Evolved supported only local split-screen co-op.

Joystiq says that the game will ship on November 15, 2011--10 years to the day after the original Halo was released. The game is supposed to be one of two Halo titles in development, with the other in the works at 343 Industries, Microsoft's internal Halo-only studio. 343 has been on a hiring tear of late, posting listings for a variety of positions to work on the next big Halo game.
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6297579.html

Different engine than Reach? Hmm...
 Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-02-07 10:47:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Getting back to the roots of the original Halo?

The original Halo is still my favorite and as long as they don't mess it up with some crazy remake (which tends to happen anytime anything is remade..)and stick to the original mulitiplayer(please, please, please, please!) maps then I will be a huge fan. If not then well screw you Halo!
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Server: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-02-07 11:11:05
Link | Quote | Reply

They seriously can't come up with any new ideas and are going to rehash now.
/disappointed in you bungie
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2011-02-07 11:14:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Don't be disappointed in Bungie! Microsoft owns the Halo franchise. This is Microsoft's doing. However, I don't see it as a bad thing. The game really looks dated and could use a bit of sprucing up. I just hope they do it right and keep the same mechanics and only update to the new control scheme, add online multi-player and keep the original voice/music.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Server: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-02-07 11:17:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Don't be disappointed in Bungie! Microsoft owns the Halo franchise. This is Microsoft's doing. However, I don't see it as a bad thing. The game really looks dated and could use a bit of sprucing up. I just hope they do it right and keep the same mechanics and only update to the new control scheme, online multi-player and keep the original voice/music.
not to mention the fact that they released a halo game last year...they don't need to release a game every year IMO...they are ruining the whole "new halo game coming out" excitedness there is when they wait a few years and actually come out with new stuff lol.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2011-02-07 11:20:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bartimaeus said:
I think they could just redo Halo 1 (<3) and forget 2 3 reach ever existed. But meh. :x
Do not forget ODST and Wars ;)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Galith
user: Galadriel
By Lakshmi.Galith 2011-02-07 11:32:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Don't be disappointed in Bungie! Microsoft owns the Halo franchise. This is Microsoft's doing. However, I don't see it as a bad thing. The game really looks dated and could use a bit of sprucing up. I just hope they do it right and keep the same mechanics and only update to the new control scheme, online multi-player and keep the original voice/music.
not to mention the fact that they released a halo game last year...they don't need to release a game every year IMO...they are ruining the whole "new halo game coming out" excitedness there is when they wait a few years and actually come out with new stuff lol.

Bungie doesn't even work with Microsoft anymore Activision bought them. They're actually working on multiplatform shooters now so it doesn't really surprise me to see Microsoft going back and republishing all the previous games so they wont have to make new ones it's kind of an easy money grab. That said, Reach being the last actual halo game to be made from Bungie, it'll be interesting to see what happens with the brand.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-02-07 11:40:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Remaking a game that new.

You srs microsoft? You srs?
 Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-02-07 11:43:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I want original Halo with little to nothing changed..but online like Halo2 was..not 3.
 Diabolos.Obliterate
Server: Diabolos
user: TBMC
By Diabolos.Obliterate 2011-02-07 11:56:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Halo: Combat evolved was one of those few games that defined a moment in gaming history. It is
one of the most fun and in depth fps games ever and at the time had the best graphics around.
Easily the best and most monumental game in the series. Remakes of any games tend to ruin and destroy
the magic of the original, and this is one game that I would hate to see get ruined. I really hope it doesn't
happen.
[+]