Forum » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Synergy » Preventing explosions/leaks
Preventing explosions/leaks
 Bismarck.Indigla
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2011-01-31 12:01:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know what's the maximum pressure, if any, that you can go to without leaking? Tried to etch an ebur body for someone today and just couldn't get a good synergy out of it. I know from experience you can avoid explosions if you don't go higher than 26% impurity so I'm wondering if there's a similar limit for pressure to avoid leaks which kept screwing up our synth?

Also is there any way to recover when a synergy requires light & dark and both numbers get too high for the requirements?
 Phoenix.Lucasta
Server: Phoenix
user: lucasta
By Phoenix.Lucasta 2011-01-31 12:49:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello Indigla,

i am 76 synergy and in my experience an elemental leak is mostly dependent on the current diffence between actual fewell levels. that is to say, if you have a much higher value of, for example, earth fewell compared to the other fewell balances then you will at some point leak earth when some determined difference is reached. The actual quantitative difference may depend on a number of things including:
-synergy level
-Fewell feeding skill level
-funance "hp"

a leak can occur even at 0% impurity and 0 pressure. this is demonstrated in that a leak can occur even after an explosion when both pressure and impurity are reset to 0.

The quick fix for a leaking furnance is of course to feed fewell that the leaking element is strong to (ie. if earth fewell is leaking, feeding one or two lightning fewell will most often fix the leak.)

Leaking is not always detrimental but should be kept in check. you can sometimes use it to your advantage. When a synergy balance calls for two elements that are next to each other (for example, wind and earth) i always start out with the weaker element (in this case earth), in this way if a leak occurs it will most often be earth elemental leaking and will only increase wind which you needed for your balance anyway. Prolonged leaking is naturally always undesired so be mindful to always try to fix your leaks.

as for the case when light and dark are both overloaded, depending on how far past the balance they are you could still complete the synth. But if they are obviously well past the margins or error its probably best to try the synth again since there is no way to lower one element without increasing the other.

hope this helps. i am a synergy addict and always open for more discussion.
 Siren.Thoraeon
Server: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2011-01-31 13:14:28
Link | Quote | Reply

all you need:

[+]