Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » what 2 brew when you have endless cruor
what 2 brew when you have endless cruor
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-01-29 01:54:47
Link | Quote | Reply

i've been hit by a few meteors on taru whm with no mdt gear and it wasn't too bad, but small sample size/mdb etc.
By Serj 2011-01-29 01:56:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Lorzy said:
i've been hit by a few meteors on taru whm with no mdt gear and it wasn't too bad, but small sample size/mdb etc.

Idk how strong whm's MDB trait is currently.
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-29 01:57:57
Link | Quote | Reply

If you are afraid of dying use taru blm tanks with manawall up!!! They survive everything lol. Well that or nins with that new spell technically they are the only ones that survive any one thing. But point remains.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-01-29 01:58:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Serj said:
Ramuh.Lorzy said:

me neither, i just know i haven't been oneshotted by meteor yet >_>
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-29 01:58:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Serj said:
Ramuh.Lorzy said:
Crap. 18 that is. That being said whms have superiour mnd and int (not sure which meteor cares about but it's probably one of the 2 guess we will find out for sure soon enough) especially since msot are setting MM and allure. And probably having stoneskin and full hp etc on top of there shell.

Also atma of the future fabulous seems rather good if you are afraid of being one shotted
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-01-29 02:02:27
Link | Quote | Reply

hm i definitely had shell, mm on, probably allure, lack of stoneskin wouldn't have oneshotted me.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-01-29 02:08:19
Link | Quote | Reply

When I'm on SAM w/ Brew I take 10-20 DMG from Meteor (From Rani) 10-20ish from Ga IV spells w/ Raja; anything magical does little to nothing.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-01-29 02:09:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Aeronis said:
When I'm on SAM w/ Brew I take 10-20 DMG from Meteor (From Rani) 10-20ish from Ga IV spells w/ Raja; anything magical does little to nothing.

i'm so confused
 Lakshmi.Blacklion
Server: Lakshmi
user: Blacklion
By Lakshmi.Blacklion 2011-01-29 02:11:03
Link | Quote | Reply

well i dont gear up in a zone just to fight a rani, I'd be doing Altepa normally and Therefore i'd have more melee's than mages, so i take rani somewhere it wont get stolen and reset it about every 15mins
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-01-29 02:13:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Blacklion said:
well i dont gear up in a zone just to fight a rani, I'd be doing Altepa normally and Therefore i'd have more melee's than mages, so i take rani somewhere it wont get stolen and reset it about every 15mins

hm sounds like more trouble than i'd want to deal with, would rather just brew it because cheap brews, cruor easy to get, etc. but to each his own. i would be pretty paranoid about getting it stolen.
 Lakshmi.Blacklion
By Lakshmi.Blacklion 2011-01-29 02:16:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Well when we did it for drops we brewed it just for the quick drops, first time wasnt brew though. Now most people have epona's ring so its just for extra fun
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-29 02:18:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Blacklion said:
Well when we did it for drops we brewed it just for the quick drops, first time wasnt brew though. Now most people have epona's ring so its just for extra fun
I don't know about most people having epona's ring... the shout I went to help proc blue was for 1 guy who was 0/15 I think with blue procs and TH... and last I checked a few days later he was still trying to shout groups together for it since he didn't have lol. I know I don't have one. But I've only fought it 3 times and even if it had dropped no way I could've gotten it
 Shiva.Gylfie
Server: Shiva
user: Gylfie
By Shiva.Gylfie 2011-01-29 02:18:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I would brew pop sets for NMs that get me +2 items, then brew those NMs. Rinse and repeat.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-01-29 02:25:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I would get as many Briarius and Sobek pop sets as possible and ***down their necks multiple times in succession.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-29 02:29:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said:
I would get as many Briarius and Sobek pop sets as possible and ***down their necks multiple times in succession.
If I had the people to hold KI's I'd so do that. And cirien. Sure I could solo most those nms (not sure about sobek since I have neither nin or dnc nor atma of einharjar...) but god it would be fun and I need the trophies and ***could potentially get all the ones you need on 1 brew. Just makes sure your invent is clear. And maybe get a lot bot so you don't have to waste precious time like that. I mean sure you could QM but easier to get help if you let people have some +2 stuff
 Lakshmi.Blacklion
By Lakshmi.Blacklion 2011-01-29 03:26:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Lakshmi.Blacklion said:
I don't know about most people having epona's ring... the shout I went to help proc blue was for 1 guy who was 0/15 I think with blue procs and TH... and last I checked a few days later he was still trying to shout groups together for it since he didn't have lol. I know I don't have one. But I've only fought it 3 times and even if it had dropped no way I could've gotten it

I meant in my shell, don't really care for the people shouting lol but yeah i get what your saying
 Carbuncle.Shokox
Server: Carbuncle
user: Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2011-01-29 03:41:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I only brew things I can't solo or get a group for. Nothing in abyssea warrants a brew outside of Rani & Shinryu however.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-29 03:42:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Shokox said:
I only brew things I can't solo or get a group for. Nothing in abyssea warrants a brew outside of Rani & Shinryu however.
But it sure is fun doing it with people who have never seen a 50k+ ws
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-01-29 03:47:07
Link | Quote | Reply

***, I want to try brewing Ironclad Smiter and see if I can break 100k during his double damage phase.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-29 03:52:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said:
***, I want to try brewing Ironclad Smiter and see if I can break 100k during his double damage phase.
Wildfire or Charged whisker should be able to break that on a normal mob. Also there are qutrubs.

The problem is it seems SE never really intended for dmg to get so high so somewhere between 63 and 64k the dmg displayed on the screen rolls over and starts counting again. You still do that dmg but looks like you didn't. So there is a video out there of someone one shotting shinryu for like 3k dmg lol
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-01-29 03:53:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh really, didn't realize that. Highest brewed whisker I ever hit was around the 60k mark so I fell just flat of that rollover bit. :\
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-29 03:57:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I've hit 61k wildfires. Seems alot of nms have some kind of resistance to magic dmg or elemental ws or something so that one should've actually been like 30% higher by the math (and would've been on a normal mob). Hoping they fix it cause BA charged whisker with staff brew, day, another say 150 MAB and both + thunder dmg atmas would be sick on anything. Be really fun if you could get people to gather togeher tons of nms and you deal litterally millions of dmg at once lol
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-01-29 04:03:48
Link | Quote | Reply

One shot every NM in the zone at the same time. ***. D:
[+]
By Gatlinc 2011-02-06 10:23:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said:
One shot every NM in the zone at the same time. ***. D:
More my style ....now how to gather up allllllll that "money" and which zone to: #1 Experiment with the tactic
#2 earn the best horde of +2 per job wanted....

Let's keep this going for a bit. Distance and "unclaimed" are my biggest fears. Distance just because it's distance and then "unclaimed" as a result of:distance>.> dying b4 AOE NM kill is set up( guessing no SMN involved, because you wont get KI if not claimer), possible aggro. Misareaux Coast seems like a decent starting point for testing due to openness and mob placement. mebbe RR atma, Amhuluk, --help me out here-- hmmm
[+]
By sefalon 2011-02-07 10:42:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Back to my op I understand that most abyssea nm do not warrant a brew. I have two characters so I have a bunch of brews. I do not need to pad my ego on soloing nms anymore since it doesn't mean as much as it used to. I find myself doing less ls things and more solo or duo.
So I am making a list of nms that have nice drops that I can solo/brew and not involve others.

Had to come back and edit my post was a bit confusing. I said I don't need too solo but then said all I do is solo. I meant that at this point if there is a nm that is out there that drops things I might want that may require a few ppl or a bunch of time. I am going to brew.
 Phoenix.Salmijr
Server: Phoenix
user: Salmijr
By Phoenix.Salmijr 2011-02-07 10:50:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Worth brewing for the drops:
Fuath
Hedjedjet
Rani
Alfard
Isgebind

Worth taking people to proc yellow and blue tho, and just blow them up once proc'd. If you insist on soloing them, go on thf if possible and aeolean edge them, and hope your TH procs enough to get some drops. Specially efective if you lock your timer between kills too.
 Sylph.Liltrouble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-02-07 10:52:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd brew all of my +2 items as well. Hell, if I had 'endless cruor' I'd brew the rest of my seals, wth!!
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-07 11:19:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Liltrouble said:
I'd brew all of my +2 items as well. Hell, if I had 'endless cruor' I'd brew the rest of my seals, wth!!
Yeah if I litterally had endless cruor I'd *** brew my xp too lol. Get on lvl 30 job brew some xp mobs and go lol
[+]
By sefalon 2011-02-07 11:28:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder how effective a brew would be on a lvl 30 job... he'll I am just that crazy enough to try it.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-07 11:33:36
Link | Quote | Reply

sefalon said:
I wonder how effective a brew would be on a lvl 30 job... he'll I am just that crazy enough to try it.
Would highly depend on the job your skill capping macc/acc and have some killer MAB. lvl diff will kill any physical dmg but your magical should be fine...like for magical ws lvl has very little effect on dmg at least when brewing. But of course ftp on lower magical ws is kinda balls so would kinda hurt it plus most of the lower ones don't have a dstat portion outside of ftp... you could probably burn a group of mobs or 2 per brew but that probably be it