Grips?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » Grips?
Grips?
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2011-02-12 16:12:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd use Pax or Magic crit grip. Pax grip actually gives the biggest boost for a grip (-4 enmity). Ppl shouldn't underestimate that. Can easily cap Enmity - with full af3+2 set and this grip and vates cape and MM atma. But who isn't a number freak..
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [72 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Robbyodom
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Robbyodom 2011-04-25 22:00:31
Link | Quote | Reply

So is the magic crit. 3% grip good to use?
 Ifrit.Zerovirus
Server: Ifrit
user: Vextra
By Ifrit.Zerovirus 2011-04-25 22:01:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Get a grip.....

sorry.
[+]
 Cerberus.Eugene
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-04-25 22:01:34
Link | Quote | Reply

No, as 3% of the time 10 mab bonus is not impressive very much
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-04-25 22:01:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Stacked with AF3+2, Hecate's earring etc, maybe?
[+]
 Cerberus.Eugene
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-04-25 22:05:00
Link | Quote | Reply

you're still only pushing towards a 10 mab a partial amount of time if i understand magic crit hit correctly.

alone that grip is 3% chance at 10mab. you'd be better off with int buff
 Bahamut.Zoltar
Server: Bahamut
user: Zoltar
By Bahamut.Zoltar 2011-04-26 06:48:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I use the Wise Strap full-time. You may get some criticism but nobody is perfectly geared and I try to stack magic crit. personally
[+]
 Cerberus.Liandaru
user: Liandrian
By Cerberus.Liandaru 2011-04-26 06:50:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Elanabelle said:
Titan.Darkwizardzin said:
Just wondering what grips other black mages are using nowadays. I've been using the 8 elemental grips for quite awhile but i've never seen a real need to replace them. I've seen blm use the pax grip and the elemental + 3 grip from time to time. I've thought about getting the elemntal grip but trading 20 mp just for 1 more magic acc didn't seem good to me so I never got it but I could be wrong about this.

plz tell me what grips you use for your nuking sets and why so I can get an idea of what I need for myself.

To be honest, I don't think choice of grip has much impact on BLM performance. So, use whatever you want.
I use Elementa Grip for nuking and Macero Grip for enfeebling.

This. I still have my dark grip. Honestly, it was with a huge sigh of relief when I sold off my collection of elemental grips. The elemental grips are perfect for the lower level mage, but honestly aren't necessary at higher levels anymore. There's a lot out there to choose from, you just have to look at your needs and skills.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
Server: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2011-04-26 06:52:21
Link | Quote | Reply

i use the magic crit grip. witch sash, af3 gloves, and hecate's all add crit. wearing a 1 int grip isn't going to do anything for you, especially in abyssea.
[+]
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2011-04-26 06:59:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bugard Strap +1/Vivid Strap +1 for nukes*.
*Elementa/Elemental Grip(s) if you're going to resist.
Macero/Elemental Grip(s) for Enfeebling.
Caecus/Dark (or Thunder for Stun) Grip for Dark Magic (Caecus being potentially better for Bio due to its tier system)
Reign Grip for anything you need MND+ on (Stoneskin/Cures are the first things that spring to mind for me, though Stoneskin is a push now with so much MND+ and Enhancing Magic+)

Grips are like staves, none of them should be "full timed".

EDIT: Wise Grip is a suitable choice for nuking too, but not one I would personally go with. I prefer consistency over potential, but eh, I doubt anyone would care much if you did.

EDIT #2: I just re-read Hevans post and I agree that inside Abyssea 1INT won't do much (for some reason I always forget about Atma and Cruor buffs XD), Wise Grip will probably work out better over time.
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-26 07:30:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually int to mab ratios are fairly similar now as before abyssea.

Sure you got alot more int and higher base dmg spells... you also have a ***ton more MAB and higher dint multiplier too.