Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Altep and Grauberg Fame
Altep and Grauberg Fame
 Unicorn.Divinian
Server: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
user: Divinian
By Unicorn.Divinian 2011-01-25 17:59:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know any good repeatable quests for Abyssea-Altep or Grauberg fame? There is nothing on wiki yet and I am looking to do some of the abyssite quests. Please let me know! Thanks!
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-01-25 18:11:28
Link | Quote | Reply

For Grauberg I repeated "Chocobo Panic" about 20 times and "Getting Lucky" 10 or so, which got me to Rank 3 fame (max that you need for access to quests).

For Altep, I ended up doing "Help Not Wanted" and "A Mightier Martello" multiple times, as well as "Slacking Subordinates" in between Vana'Diel days. "Classroom Without Borders" would probably be decent too if you don't mind the cost of Manigordo Tusks.
 Unicorn.Divinian
Server: Unicorn
user: Divinian
By Unicorn.Divinian 2011-01-25 18:16:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the reply, its much appreciated.
 Lakshmi.Sake
Server: Lakshmi
user: Sekaran
By Lakshmi.Sake 2011-01-25 18:16:52
Link | Quote | Reply

The Ken quest, Help Not Wanted, for Altep is repeatable and cheap. Trade him gauger plates of NMs once per game day.. so it does take a while to build up fame (I've done about 14 and got the level 3 fame quest, though I wasn't checking the fame NPC after every completion). There's also the Brygid quest if you have all the possible equipment, Manigordo quest, and another one near the zone I believe.

For Grauberg, I've been trading Pursuer Wings to Cornelia. Do need to zone in and out though. It did help I was leveling a subjob so I was forced to repeatedly zone (complete the Wyvern dominion ops on BLM, turn it in on subjob). Pretty much obtained one wing per dominion op. There's probably an easier repeatable quest but I haven't looked.
 Fenrir.Schutz
Server: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2011-01-25 18:17:29
Link | Quote | Reply

As Prothescar said, "Slacking Subordinates" is a good repeatable one for Altepa, particularly for spare seals for your RDM and WAR bodies with BLU also (should you consider getting that to endgame.) Very simple quest you can spam again and again quickly when no one is around to help do NMs.
 Asura.Echandra
Server: Asura
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2011-01-25 18:37:37
Link | Quote | Reply

The Seer's quest in grauberg is easy enough as well. Just stop by lower jeuno and get a stack of the gobbie bread, chocolate, and pie. You have to do a little walking, but it's only 3 random spots. Doing this coupled with the pursuer's wing works well since both quests finish at Cornelia.