BST vs. Bukhis
First Page 2
 Bahamut.Zoltar
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Zoltar
By Bahamut.Zoltar 2011-01-24 18:26:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Any thoughts/ideas if this is a feasible solo w/ DY + Atma of the Ducal Guard? Have full reward gear and evasion axes, really wanting to do the Farsha if Bukhis is soloable/duoable...anyone tried?
 Odin.Trelan
Server: Odin
user: trelan
By Odin.Trelan 2011-01-24 18:31:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Doom seems like it would cause problems for a bst solo, also the max HP down doesn't sound fun either.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Cerberus.Eliane
Server: Cerberus
user: Eliane
By Cerberus.Eliane 2011-02-03 09:31:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldnt ice spells be a problem for dipper?
 Phoenix.Hagino
Server: Phoenix
user: hagino
By Phoenix.Hagino 2011-02-24 01:36:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I am going to assume you removed your post while i was typing because you realize that he does not strip atmas. you can use 1 HP atma to counter it. I was able to trio as dncx2 whm so i dont see how a bst or duo would have too much a problem doing it.
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2011-02-24 01:42:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Hagino said:
I am going to assume you removed your post while i was typing because you realize that he does not strip atmas. you can use 1 HP atma to counter it. I was able to trio as dncx2 whm so i dont see how a bst or duo would have too much a problem doing it.

Biggest issues I'd see are Apocolyptic Ray but you could go /BLM or /DRK to stun it. Of course, if it wants to do it twice before your stun timer's up, that could be a problem. Then there's Lithic Ray, which can only be removed twice, at most. I supposed with a whole lot of luck, it can be soloed.
 Phoenix.Hagino
Server: Phoenix
user: hagino
By Phoenix.Hagino 2011-02-24 01:51:06
Link | Quote | Reply

holy water? if you plan to lowman/solo your MP is better spent on important things such as erase and emergency cures over long timers on cursna where it might not even get it off ><
 Hades.Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2011-02-24 02:41:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think you can use Holy Water on pets. There is Clear Salve, but you can only carry 2, hence my removed twice only comment. I think if I were to solo, I'd let the pet do all the work, since if you're stunning, you won't have shadows, and some of the AoEs could make quick work of you.
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-24 02:43:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Well you wouldn't actually need to remove it if recast timer is up. Wouldn't even need to stun petri.
 Hades.Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2011-02-24 02:52:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I was under the assumption that Bukhis builds a resistance to stun, so wouldn't you want to save those stuns for Apocolyptic Ray?
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-24 02:55:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk never bother trying to stun it outside of while I was kiting on blm lol. Of course you don't actually need to stun at all. It's not like it runs faster than normal movement speed.

Also someone suggested DY doesn't that imply they are evasion tanking? If so all out on evasion atmas should get the bsts evasion higher
[+]
 Bahamut.Zoltar
user: Zoltar
By Bahamut.Zoltar 2011-02-24 07:17:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I still haven't attempted a solo yet, gonna finish Fistule first.
 Bahamut.Sakurawr
By Bahamut.Sakurawr 2011-02-24 09:47:42
Link | Quote | Reply

From spamming him myself I can say 100% no chance, not even with 100% PDT.
Far too doom happy.
[+]
 Fenrir.Omgwtftaru
Server: Fenrir
user: kivyin
By Fenrir.Omgwtftaru 2011-02-24 09:58:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Sakurawr said:
Far too doom happy.

Would have to agree, and added to that Paralyga, Bindga, Blizzard IV and Blizzard V, you're really asking for trouble.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-24 10:06:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesn't really spam anythign when you only have 1 pet on it...
 Cerberus.Denaub
user: Denaub
By Cerberus.Denaub 2011-02-24 10:06:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Done Bukhis a number of times with LS and last few times had a bst with us and there were completely worthless to be honest. Pets can do nice dmg, but call beasts timer is just to long for a mob with decent MAB on ice spells and heavy use of doom attacks.
[+]
 Shiva.Khimaira
Server: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-02-24 10:10:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Omgwtftaru said:
Bahamut.Sakurawr said:
Far too doom happy.

Would have to agree, and added to that Paralyga, Bindga, Blizzard IV and Blizzard V, you're really asking for trouble.

What about a SMN solo with Shiva? She'll resist all of his spells, I want my Voyage stones!
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-24 10:11:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Khimaira said:
Fenrir.Omgwtftaru said:
Bahamut.Sakurawr said:
From spamming him myself I can say 100% no chance, not even with 100% PDT. Far too doom happy.
What about a SMN solo with Shiva? She'll resist all of his spells, I want my Voyage stones!
Kill Durinn!!! It's super easy
 Shiva.Khimaira
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-02-24 10:13:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Shiva.Khimaira said:
Fenrir.Omgwtftaru said:
Bahamut.Sakurawr said:
From spamming him myself I can say 100% no chance, not even with 100% PDT. Far too doom happy.

He also drops 0-1 at a time. Bukhis drops x1-3, and I have a pop for him already.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-24 10:16:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Khimaira said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Shiva.Khimaira said:
Fenrir.Omgwtftaru said:
Bahamut.Sakurawr said:
He also drops 0-1 at a time. Bukhis drops x1-3, and I have a pop for him already.
He also drops other stuff you can use... and well a Bukhis you aren't fighting is actually dropping 0-0
 Shiva.Khimaira
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-02-24 10:19:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Shiva.Khimaira said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Shiva.Khimaira said:
Fenrir.Omgwtftaru said:
Bahamut.Sakurawr said:
He also drops other stuff you can use... and well a Bukhis you aren't fighting is actually dropping 0-0

Have Ballerines, don't need fake Apoc, so he just drops THF feet +2, but I'm never THF anyways, so Idc about that.

Is that a no though? Bukhis not SMN soloable?

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-24 10:22:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Just try it!!!

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-24 10:33:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Just try it!!!
I don't join pugs in that zone and Im sick of killing Quasimodo, you try it! : p
I don't have a pet job... maybe once I lvl dnc or nin... or finish my evasion build for blu. Speaking of which can you reliably evade it without going to rediculous crazy on evasion?
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2011-02-24 10:42:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Just try it!!!
I don't join pugs in that zone and Im sick of killing Quasimodo, you try it! : p
I don't have a pet job... maybe once I lvl dnc or nin... or finish my evasion build for blu. Speaking of which can you reliably evade it without going to rediculous crazy on evasion?

I couldn't give you an evasion/acc rate, but as a NIN/DNC with dual Sekka +2 and a pretty hefty Evasion+ set (I'll think of about how much in a few) it had a very high accuracy rate vs me ><.

edit: if memory serves me right, I had evasion +100 and skill+17 at the time.
 Bahamut.Sakurawr
By Bahamut.Sakurawr 2011-02-25 06:35:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Erikthecleric said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Just try it!!!

I couldn't give you an evasion/acc rate, but as a NIN/DNC with dual Sekka +2 and a pretty hefty Evasion+ set (I'll think of about how much in a few) it had a very high accuracy rate vs me ><.

edit: if memory serves me right, I had evasion +100 and skill+17 at the time.
Same here, mambo eva set DNC it still maintained ~80% acc on me. Also high HP or not, triclip and scythe will rape you silly, does ~2k to anyone shadowless, and I only had triclip miss a hit once or twice, noting both give HP down proportional to damage taken (pushed me down to 3 hp once on DNC) >.>
Also, he has either Store TP or Regain, or both. He does NOT have normal TP feed.

SMN solo is possible if you're in for a very long fight, Shiva would resist ice spells but he also takes small damage from ice and heavily reduced magic damage (~1k nukes average, and PR brew lost 20k per use). He has ~110-130k HP or so.
 Cerberus.Starr
user: Starr
By Cerberus.Starr 2011-02-25 06:43:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Solo no chance, duo maybe
First Page 2