users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Crour help me out
Crour help me out
 Phoenix.Darkdestroyer
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Darkdestroyer 2011-01-23 17:39:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I recentlly joined the cool people and gained access to 200k brews. Now im straping up crour off the ground to get my atmas lol. Question for everyone though is whats the best crour farming stat? My ls told me to go FC burn, FC burn was ok for exp however my crour was lacking, 40 crour tops per kill after 4 hrs. So here a break down of what i would like to know.

1. What is best mob to FC for crour
2. Is FC better then Domination
3. Could quest spamming be better then all the above?
4. Is there some a secret waterfall of crour that i can shower in?
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Server: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2011-01-23 17:49:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Abyssite of the Reaper
Azure
The bearer will earn higher amounts of Cruor in Abyssea.
Enemies yield +10% more cruor.
Defeat Fear Gorta
Abyssea - Konschtat

Ivory
Complete four of the following quests:
A Goldstruck Gigas, To Paste a Peiste, Megadrile Menace, The Beast of Bastore, A Delectable Demon, A Fluttery Fiend, A Beaked Blusterer, A Man-eating Mite, An Ulcerous Uragnite.
Abyssea - La Theine, Konschtat, Tahrongi, Attohwa, Misareaux, Vunkerl, Altepa, Grauberg, Uleguerand

Indigo
Defeat Gamayun.
Abyssea - Grauberg

profit
[+]
 Phoenix.Wackatramp
By Phoenix.Wackatramp 2011-01-23 17:54:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing should really beat FC. Make sure to have all of you cruor +10% abyssites and open all silver and ebon chests. It would also be beneficial that your party doesn't suck. What mob? Frogs I think. My highest was around the 100 mark per kill IIRC. They re plenty and easy to pull. They ll even walk right in and find you.
 Phoenix.Darkdestroyer
By Phoenix.Darkdestroyer 2011-01-23 18:20:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Krazyrs said:
Abyssite of the Reaper Azure The bearer will earn higher amounts of Cruor in Abyssea. Enemies yield +10% more cruor. Defeat Fear Gorta Abyssea - Konschtat Ivory Complete four of the following quests: A Goldstruck Gigas, To Paste a Peiste, Megadrile Menace, The Beast of Bastore, A Delectable Demon, A Fluttery Fiend, A Beaked Blusterer, A Man-eating Mite, An Ulcerous Uragnite. Abyssea - La Theine, Konschtat, Tahrongi, Attohwa, Misareaux, Vunkerl, Altepa, Grauberg, Uleguerand Indigo Defeat Gamayun. Abyssea - Grauberg profit

Only missing indigo gonna work on it when my buddy gets some more stones.

Phoenix.Wackatramp said:
Nothing should really beat FC. Make sure to have all of you cruor +10% abyssites and open all silver and ebon chests. It would also be beneficial that your party doesn't suck. What mob? Frogs I think. My highest was around the 100 mark per kill IIRC. They re plenty and easy to pull. They ll even walk right in and find you.

Yeah the FC i done was frogs, loved how easy these where to pull, there acc sucks too so i was pulling without having to put up shadows, however idk if the box openers where avoiding ebon or silvery lights but now that you mention it i dont remember seeing much of eather and as i said in first post i was only getting 40 tops off these. Kinda hoping to find something that can be FC'ed to give me crour like the buffalo in UR 150-200.
By BorealisV2 2011-01-23 18:34:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Cruor*
[+]
 Bismarck.Kyaaadaa
Server: Bismarck
user: Kyaaadaa
By Bismarck.Kyaaadaa 2011-01-23 18:47:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darkdestroyer said:
idk if the box openers where avoiding ebon or silvery lights but now that you mention it i dont remember seeing much of eather and as i said in first post i was only getting 40 tops off these
Cruor farming from FC without these lights loses out to Dominion very quickly depending on the party you're with. Split between worms or frogs in La Theine vs Dominion, the time it usually takes to kill 5 mobs and run back to Dom Sgt and the time it take simply to target the next mob is substantial. Whip your key masters (opting for the word "masters" over the word "***" or "***" to be politically correct) into shape and tell them to open the ebon and silver lights, or cringe a little and sacrifice a few cruor to buy yourself some keys to open those boxes with. TBH: if you're not opening ebon boxes in an exp party, something isn't right, AF3 gold box farming aside.
By Sambb 2011-01-24 01:58:39
Link | Quote | Reply

ive burned chigoes using 3 blm minimum using firaja and using thief to pull can kill alot at one time say 10+ easy and since refresh + 2hr box come along fairly common mp is never an issue.

Tunga can get in the way some times but it doesnnt matter too much.
 Bahamut.Kara
Server: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2011-01-24 15:59:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I've seen 100+ cruor off of frogs in Misareaux Coast, you just have to build your lights up. It was in a 3man party and it didn't take too long. After capping azure lights I've been doing a few ruby to get some ruby boxes, getting that higher and then you start seeing silver, ebon and golden boxes.
 Bismarck.Osaia
user: Osaia
By Bismarck.Osaia 2011-01-25 00:26:15
Link | Quote | Reply

To farm Cruor and get ~500 per kill, you must alternate the kills between monster types - i.e., opposite to an experience chain. As you alternate you build the Cruor chain. Building Silvery light (only from Red chests) increases this further. See Abyssea Lights for further details.

Just got that from wiki. Any ideas on how to get the amount gained that high? Any techniques?
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2011-01-25 01:06:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Osaia said:
To farm Cruor and get ~500 per kill, you must alternate the kills between monster types - i.e., opposite to an experience chain. As you alternate you build the Cruor chain. Building Silvery light (only from Red chests) increases this further. See Abyssea Lights for further details.

Just got that from wiki. Any ideas on how to get the amount gained that high? Any techniques?
I can't be sure, but this sounds like a troll.
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-25 01:09:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually I see shouts for it all the time in port jueno now.

From the people I talked to it you have to switch mob types every kill but you can just alternate between 2. Of course your xp stays garbage but for alot of people cruor >>> xp. Hell i stay capped on all jobs and merits with nothing to spend it on just doing the occasional nms.

I've yet to do it but since I've started seeing it I've been trying to pay attention to cruor and definitely seem to get a boost on the first kill of another mob type then it goes back down to something normal.

While not the fastest way finishing abyssea objectives is a nice alternate to get some cruor that is well more interesting. Also you get stuff out of it too... and get them all and get the awesome atma.

Be warned a few zones have a quest that can single-handedly take several hours to complete unless you get lucky
 Bismarck.Themuffingirl
By Bismarck.Themuffingirl 2011-01-25 01:11:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I noticed after spending hours farming murexes and capping lights, the first marid killed gave around 500 cruor, but then all the marids after that gave a regular low amount. Maybe it means once you cap silver you can alternate mob types every kill and get 500 cruor per kill? Haven't tried it but I found the one incident very odd so maybe that's just what happens. It resets the XP chain but perhaps keeps some sort of cruor chain going. Just a guess.
 Bismarck.Osaia
By Bismarck.Osaia 2011-01-25 05:26:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
Bismarck.Osaia said:

No trollin' here. That was a copy/paste from the wiki page after I searched for 'cruor' there. Alternating mob types every kill would be very bothersome, but I suppose 2 parties farming alternate mobs in close proximity may work. Just a guess though.
 Phoenix.Pozcat
user: Pozcat
By Phoenix.Pozcat 2011-01-25 06:10:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Osaia said:
Odin.Blazza said:
Bismarck.Osaia said:

No trollin' here. That was a copy/paste from the wiki page after I searched for 'cruor' there. Alternating mob types every kill would be very bothersome, but I suppose 2 parties farming alternate mobs in close proximity may work. Just a guess though.

Just tried this in altep, killing orthrus/camel/manticore (never two in a row of the same kind) and the cruor built from ~70 to 270~ where it capped out. It was building at a steady pace of about 5-10 per mob until it capped (not enough silvery lights for 500 i guess). Of course Orthrus' cruor yield didn't change but it did enhance the next mob's yield as it counted as a "different mob type".
By Yeffebel 2011-01-25 06:53:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried the alternating kills in Tahrongi Canyon when I had time to burn. Switching between Bat > Mandy > Bat.... every kill would build up 20 more cruor. But as soon as you kill 2 mobs in a row it will reset to the normal amount. The only way I have seen the 500 cruor kill is after killing a large amount of 1 type of mob, the first kill of another type gives the 500+ but the next kill is the same low amount. Stil not sure how the 500/kill works.
 Bismarck.Osaia
By Bismarck.Osaia 2011-01-25 06:54:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm. If this being true, then a party built JUST for cruor farming, can split into 2 smaller parties fighting two family of mobs in exp proximity. Timing of kills wudnt work, but if enough mobs of both families are killed (overlap of deaths), and Ebon/silver lights being built correctly...you would see cruor amount increase with high spikes (where a mob was killed after opposing family). Just a idea...
 Bismarck.Osaia
By Bismarck.Osaia 2011-01-25 07:00:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, apparently this would be more of a tp burn type party, as you need as many red chests as possible to drop silver/Ebon lights. Would be safe to assume you would need to cap azure as soon as you enter zone if you're hoping for any TE chests.
 Bismarck.Osaia
By Bismarck.Osaia 2011-01-30 08:10:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Finally joined a party for this. The cruor cap is pretty much the same as xp, about 600 cruor per kill. I'll try and explain how it works, and the hourly cruor rate is roughly 90-100k hr. Party consists of mainly dd, with a few healers and a nuker or 2, and 2 pullers with 1 main assist. Camp we've done consistently is misareux coast Abyssea camping by the little stone wall between the bees and colibris. Pullers both grab a mob or opposite family (bat, bird) and dds simply /assist ma going back and forth between bat/bird. The key to making this work is to simply NOT kill the same family of mob in succession. The random ephemeral mob is azured by nukers and dd are free to go ws crazy building ruby and pearl. Ruby will be maxed out soon due to ws kills and pearl will follow. After azure is capped ephemeral can be pearled or ruby. Open all Ebon/silver light chests and the random gold light if ur after a little exp also. Blue chest with TE will also drop from building lights with Ebon. This can also be used in a duo/trio strategy very effectivel, as I've duo as drg/whm with a whm/Nin and still earned close to 65-75k cruor a hour just jumping back and forth between bees and birds ws'n the heck outta them. You can also bring a keyer as usual, raising the xp with golden lighs for them. Takes roughly 15 min to reach max cruor also.
[+]
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-01-30 09:36:17
Link | Quote | Reply

There are bees in miseraux near the colibri? Sure you don't mean bats?
 Bismarck.Osaia
By Bismarck.Osaia 2011-01-30 10:27:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I meant bats indeed. Sorry, typing on this tiny iPhone...