Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Empyrean Item Drops
Empyrean Item Drops
 Unicorn.Ryuchan
Server: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
user: Ryuchan
By Unicorn.Ryuchan 2011-01-21 16:36:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I've heard conflicting reports on what, if anything, affects Empyrean item drop rates. Specifically I was curious about Iron Plates and other items required for the Daurdabla. I've heard people say nothing affects it, while I've heard others say grellow and/or blue help.

Does anyone have any legitimate proof on whether they do or do not? Our group has proc'd blue and grellow on as many of these mobs as we can, but I haven't really been able to tell anything conclusively either way. Thanks for any input!
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Server: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2011-01-21 16:41:13
Link | Quote | Reply

we've gotten 2 emp item drops on giga with 0 procs multiple times
spammed him 8-10x one night for final push on LS mates almace only really going for red just to make him the more easier, but with only nin/blu/thf/whm if we didnt have, we didnt have
 Bahamut.Zoltar
Server: Bahamut
user: Zoltar
By Bahamut.Zoltar 2011-01-21 16:45:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Grellow seemed to work best for us
 Unicorn.Ryuchan
By Unicorn.Ryuchan 2011-01-21 16:48:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you all normally take a THF with you for TH? If so, have you noticed any major difference between the TH proc levels?
 Bismarck.Logik
Server: Bismarck
user: Logic
By Bismarck.Logik 2011-01-21 16:50:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I've done twashtar and gambanteinn, so from personal experience no weakness affects it, only TH.
[+]
 Cerberus.Savannah
Server: Cerberus
user: Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2011-01-21 16:51:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Logik said:
I've done twashtar and gambanteinn, so from personal experience no weakness affects it, only TH.

This has also been my personal experience with my linkshell.
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2011-01-21 16:52:00
Link | Quote | Reply

THF that night was running TH7
TH3 + knife + hands + feet + atma
 Lakshmi.Kurenka
Server: Lakshmi
user: Kurenka
By Lakshmi.Kurenka 2011-01-21 16:53:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Proc's don't help. I am 99% sure of it. For Emp upgrades, it's either luck, or TH (I know, same thing really :P) that makes them drop.

I've done multiple runs working on my own Emp weap, and other peoples. Blue & Grellow have proc'd seperately, and together multiple times and I have never noticed an increase in the frequency items drop compared to when nothing was proc'd.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Kunimitsu
By Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu 2011-01-21 17:00:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Almost 100% sure too that procs have nout to do with it. Just got done with 50 ulhuadashi and despite proccing grellow on 95% of the pops had quite a few 1/2 drops, especially on kils without TH.

Have also killed all my Chloris so far without grellow, and most without any proc at all, and 2/2 drops happen just as frequently as they did qith ulhuadashi.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-01-21 17:00:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Ryuchan said:
Do you all normally take a THF with you for TH? If so, have you noticed any major difference between the TH proc levels?
Many more double drops with THF present, definitely prefer to have one around. This is over the course of 6ish Empyreans that I've helped with at one point or another along with my own weapon in progress. Grellow and blue procs had no apparent effect on droprate. Grellow difference (or rather lack thereof) was readily apparent when comparing Visions vs Scars droprates (since most Scars pops were also grellowed for someone's +2 items), blue had a smaller sample size but still didn't notice anything.
[+]
 Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-01-21 17:19:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Unicorn.Ryuchan said:
Many more double drops with THF present, definitely prefer to have one around. This is over the course of 6ish Empyreans that I've helped with at one point or another along with my own weapon in progress. Grellow and blue procs had no apparent effect on droprate. Grellow difference (or rather lack thereof) was readily apparent when comparing Visions vs Scars droprates (since most Scars pops were also grellowed for someone's +2 items), blue had a smaller sample size but still didn't notice anything.
This.

From personal experience TH > Blue/Grellow
 Fenrir.Ilax
user: FireDeath
By Fenrir.Ilax 2011-01-21 17:37:44
Link | Quote | Reply

We kill ironclad 12x yesterday...

Out of 11 grellow he only drop 11x Iron Plates.

The last fight took us forever to kill, we never got able to trigger, and he did drop 2x, no Body seal at all.

First 11x
Setup was: thf, blm, brd, whm, blu, nin

Last 1 Setup was: thf, blm, brd, whm

All other NM like Cirein-croin, Bukhis, Sedna, Glavoid ect, always drop 2x every time we trigger grellow, but all new zone seem to work differently. (Or SE did change the rule on grellow for these item idk)
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-01-21 17:47:12
Link | Quote | Reply

In my experience they drop two more often WITHOUT a weakness trigger. @_@
 Unicorn.Ryuchan
By Unicorn.Ryuchan 2011-01-21 17:49:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you all for your input, I greatly appreciate it!