I Need Help Advice Anwig Salade Aug. For Pup

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » i need help advice Anwig Salade aug. for pup
i need help advice Anwig Salade aug. for pup
 Fenrir.Reieuro
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Reieuro
By Fenrir.Reieuro 2011-01-20 11:09:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I finished Moogle Kupo d'etat mission. I don't know what Aug. to get for Anwig Salade for pup. thank you^_^
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
Server: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2011-01-20 11:15:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Not really sure what would benefit PUP the most, but for BST the "Pet: Damage Taken -10%" is pretty much unbeatable.
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2011-01-20 12:47:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you want pet-enhancing stuff or a head piece for the master?
Imho there aren't really awesome pet enhancements for pup on the head one (other way around for body and legs).

If you wanna go for a WS piece you could take one of these solutions

AGI+4/WSdamage+2%/DEX+4/CritDamage+2%

AGI+4/WSdamage+2%/STR+4/WSacc+15

I went for the first one and use it on MNK and NIN as well.
 Fenrir.Reieuro
user: Reieuro
By Fenrir.Reieuro 2011-01-20 16:25:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you^_^. I want aug. to help me with NM's. i use alot the whm pup for NM's There is a aug. for heste+5 for pup would be good?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-01-20 16:26:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Reieuro said:
There is a aug. for heste+5 for pup would be good?
spurrer beret

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
Server: Siren
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2011-01-21 03:39:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Fenrir.Reieuro said:
There is a aug. for heste+5 for pup would be good?
spurrer beret

why not do both.. thats what i did >_>

pet: haste +5%
pet: damage taken -10 % (both magic and physical) :o

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Invinciblemoron 2011-01-24 05:25:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I went with STR+4 Accuracy+10 Attack+5 Weapon skill acc+15

It has everything I could ever want for weapon skilling.
 Lakshmi.Giti
Server: Lakshmi
user: giti
By Lakshmi.Giti 2011-01-25 07:30:55
Link | Quote | Reply

go with any damage taken minus gear u can get your hand on. with crazy atmas in abyssea u can solo alot of ***with your puppet xD.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2011-01-25 08:51:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Invinciblemoron said:

You mean outside of Abyssea? The augments set you posted was possibly the best solution for Asuran Fists and I guess Stringing Pummel. Probably other WSs as well.
Inside Abyssea it's not that great. Don't really need +25 WS accuracy, do you?
And since abyssea builds mostly rely on crit rate+ and crit damage+, having augments that focus on those aspects surely is a better choice compared to the one you posted, I think?

This is if you're aiming for a WS piece, but I got the impression the OP wanted something else.
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Invinciblemoron 2011-01-25 20:45:39
Link | Quote | Reply

You bring up a valid point. My augments go back to either just before or just after the upgrade to B h2h skill.

Another thing to consider is the possibility of post Abyssea content. I would advise caution when choosing the augments unless you don't mind redoing the fight. If I had to choose a different set of augments with less acc, I would go with the WS dmg+ augment just because of the rumors of crit%+ cap from atmas (citation needed)
 Ragnarok.Yokyumosheemo
Server: Ragnarok
user: shimey
By Ragnarok.Yokyumosheemo 2011-01-25 20:49:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd personally now go with a nice WS piece. the +2 head is pretty sexy for a tp piece. Just my opinion. I should redo my head for a WS piece.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [185 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-07-29 09:49:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Pupbump!

I threw away my Selenian cap and now plan on making the Anwig Salade for Stringing Pummel~
First augment str/ws acc
Second I'm unsure between ws dmg+2% and crit dmg+2%.

Without thinking much, it seems that ws would be better cause crit is just a chance on each hit, while the ws dmg+ is steady...although I've been told that crit dmg in general is stronger than ws dmg for reasons unknown to me.

But anyway, I know the forum is full of nerds wanting to show their math skills, so give me your suggestions :3
Server: Odin
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2011-07-29 17:03:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said:
Pupbump! I threw away my Selenian cap and now plan on making the Anwig Salade for Stringing Pummel~ First augment str/ws acc Second I'm unsure between ws dmg+2% and crit dmg+2%. Without thinking much, it seems that ws would be better cause crit is just a chance on each hit, while the ws dmg+ is steady...although I've been told that crit dmg in general is stronger than ws dmg for reasons unknown to me. But anyway, I know the forum is full of nerds wanting to show their math skills, so give me your suggestions :3
Go with ws dmg+2%. Its constant in damage while crit dmg+2% is not as constant and with other crit damage atmas, its not a 2% increase anymore like ws dmg % is.

As far as necks go, gorget over Ire+1 for you, esp on NMs. If you want a good neck, I would try to camp for a moderately priced Rancor collar. 5% crit is great, but watch out for the 10% damage, but if its only for ws you shouldnt have problems(I would tp in it aswell if accuracy is not an issue or the +10% damage taken).
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-07-30 04:39:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the feedback :3
 Asura.Jadecc
user: jadecc
By Asura.Jadecc 2011-07-31 04:02:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I
Asura.Sechs said:
Sylph.Invinciblemoron said:

You mean outside of Abyssea? The augments set you posted was possibly the best solution for Asuran Fists and I guess Stringing Pummel. Probably other WSs as well.
Inside Abyssea it's not that great. Don't really need +25 WS accuracy, do you?
And since abyssea builds mostly rely on crit rate+ and crit damage+, having augments that focus on those aspects surely is a better choice compared to the one you posted, I think?

This is if you're aiming for a WS piece, but I got the impression the OP wanted something else.
I went with this and never looked back, been such a helpful WS piece, making sure all hits land (not quite as useful inside abyssea, but u gotta think about whats after abyssea too, abyssea is done) the pet:damage taken-10% looks sexy tho