users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » WAR Brew
WAR Brew
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2011-01-20 07:42:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Thinking I'm gonna have to brew Rani/Raja for a mule in the upcoming future, and wasnt quite sure what WS I should be using during a brew... I have brewed shinryu in the past, for the atma, and I used Sanguine blade, which did only about ~7k dmg (no mab atmas though)...

Whats a good WS in order to use during a WAR brew. I like SB because it also Drains, and especially when it comes to altep caturae... will help during the meteor spam >.> (assuming it doesnt do trash damage during brew effect).

And on that note: Can these caturae be taken to ~50% with NIN + WHM, much as the rest can be duo'd by the combo?
 Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Kunimitsu
By Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu 2011-01-20 07:53:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure about nin +whm, last time I fought this though we took it to 50% with mnk whm rdm rdm. I'm sure we could have done without a rdm np they were sjt there for title.

As for WS im not sure my WAR is only 49, but on mnk I just used ascetics. Only did about 7-10kdmg, but 7-10k every 3 seconds on a half dead mob it goes down relly quick. Oh and you ownt need to worry about meteor at all, it does like 20 dmg under brew. Just dont get charmed!
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-01-20 08:06:04
Link | Quote | Reply

From my experience, you'll want to use a physical WS on rani. He seems to have a large amount of magical resistance or -MDT. People have disputed me on this, but it has been true for every case that I have brewed him or seen him brewed. Not to mention, while you are brewing it, he should be casting spells much more often than he is using a special attack, which means a physical WS will cause you to accidently heal it less often.

As for rani, I'm not too sure. I've seen some decent numbers come out of Herculean slash.
 Leviathan.Fuzball
Server: Leviathan
user: Fuzball
By Leviathan.Fuzball 2011-01-20 08:49:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought the consensus was that elemental weapon skills benefited most from a primeval brew and could put up the best numbers. In my experience with Rani, careful brewers can avoid healing it 95% of the time by watching the chat log and not mashing their WS macro, allowing elemental weapon skills to be more often considered as options. The brew comment under further notes on the Rani wiki page is sound advice for any brewer (set both a "magical" weapon skill and a physical one). Good luck.
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2011-01-20 08:51:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I know physical WS cap out fast, I'm kinda wondering about Fell Cleave. TBH I like it more then Raging Rush if buffed properly. RR does about 2k vs bria whereas Fell Cleave can do up to 3-4k... though its with 2h and such. Maybe that'd be a decent WS in which to use when you have 999 STR >.>
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
user: Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2011-01-20 09:37:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ukko's Fury.
 Caitsith.Nermie
Server: Caitsith
user: rouzbie
By Caitsith.Nermie 2011-01-20 09:48:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I used Flash Nova (Club WS) on Bukhis with full MND & MAB gear build and Atma's for Light Atk & MAB (Beyond/Hell's Guardian/Ultimate) and was doing 12-16k+ dmg per WS along with a 12-16k+ Fragmentation. Bukhis is weak to light dmg so damage might be less on other NM's.
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2011-01-20 09:48:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldn't be asking if I had that yet would I? :|

@ Ukko's Fury^

I need to cap club and staff... for blue procuring processes... but that sounds good... I need to get some MAB atmas though too @_@;;
 Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Kunimitsu
By Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu 2011-01-20 10:08:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Staff works really well on brews. Idk if war gets cataclysm, but it was doing between 12k and 35k on a few nms we pulled together in grabuerg.
 Ramuh.Lilsanchez
Server: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Lilsanchez 2011-01-20 10:43:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't war use Aeolean Edge?
 Unicorn.Euvedant
Server: Unicorn
user: euvedant
By Unicorn.Euvedant 2011-01-20 10:43:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Use raging rush on Rani but watch ur timing. When its casting magic avoid skillchain. Rr > Rr frag and will healhim like 6-10k
 Bahamut.Kujah
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Kujah 2011-01-20 10:49:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Elemental WS should do better, I brewed Rani last night on COR from 95% and killed in 4 Wildfires, averaging 24-28k each, with 12k darkness. Taking MAB atmas should make elemental WS prevail in damage.
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2011-01-20 10:50:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like I have to skill Staff or dagger... or just stick with sword ele ws. Will have to work on getting MAB atmas (planned to already though).
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-01-20 11:00:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Why dont you just go as nin you fat tard.... We had a gimpurai brew our first rani and PUMP brewed one as sam doing jinpu's. Or bring the ls with you. The w00t rule is your brew gets you 1 item guarentee'd. Then at least you get a free epona's out of it and have 6-15 people with you to get it to 50% AND help you try to proc blue.

<3
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-01-20 11:02:19
Link | Quote | Reply

P.S. I know a couple people in LS need Raja too (at least Gangus). Im sure something can be arranged this weekend. Especially now that we have almost farmed all our AF3+2's in vunk we'll be moving to the 3 new zones asap.

Just sayin
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2011-01-20 11:27:27
Link | Quote | Reply

mules arent priority though ; ;
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-01-20 11:39:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Still it's your brew.
 Asura.Revear
Server: Asura
user: Datian
By Asura.Revear 2011-01-20 14:28:41
Link | Quote | Reply

i use Herc slash Great sword
 Ragnarok.Ruklin
user: Ruklin
By Ragnarok.Ruklin 2011-01-20 14:57:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Lilsanchez said:
Can't war use Aeolean Edge?
No
 Leviathan.Phenomena
Server: Leviathan
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2011-01-20 15:18:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Aeolean edge is skill 290. even sch can get it with merits. and thats D skill. but for a warrior u will have to sub either thf rdm ranger dancer or ninja in order to use it. but Cataclysm is native to war so u can sub sam if u wanted and still use it.
 Ifrit.Cett
Server: Ifrit
user: Cett69
By Ifrit.Cett 2011-01-20 15:21:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Cataclysm should work just fine. I personally found use in the Alard's Axe +1 or +2 for Rani as Cloudsplitter did between 20~30k damage per ws. Proc Blue and Red for various person's , following that I should have used it but I was instructed to wait till 50%. (They didn't know which weapon skill I planned to use)

Good luck!