Winter Is Coming: "A Game Of Thrones" HBO Series

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » Winter is coming: "A Game of Thrones" HBO Series
Winter is coming: "A Game of Thrones" HBO Series
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 19 20 21
 Asura.Echandra
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2014-06-02 09:27:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said: »
I guess with Jorah's exile, the only natural thing for him to do is become one of those creepy stalkers that is courteous enough obey the minimum distance on the restraining order, but obsessed enough that he only does it just so.

Jorah the friendzone creeper.

To me, you'd think that if BOTH combatants die in a trial by combat it probably shouldn't be used as the means to determine sentence.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-06-02 09:38:46
Link | Quote | Reply

The mountain isn't dead yet.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-06-02 10:05:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
The mountain isn't dead yet.

Thanks Obama.
 Odin.Acacia
user: Acacia
By Odin.Acacia 2014-06-02 10:36:18
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-06-02 11:15:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Inference said: »
They never did answer the question on if the Pillar was taken with the stones. I need to know.

I'm sure 10 minutes of next episode is already dedicated to dialogue pertaining to that.

it's a matter of national security
By driderk 2014-06-02 11:19:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I think this last episode bummed me out more than the red wedding. Really wanted Oberyn to exact more revenge.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-06-02 11:39:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Inb4 coolest character dies of a stupid infection.

this will piss me off to no end.
[+]
 Valefor.Angeluzun
user: Angeluzun
By Valefor.Angeluzun 2014-06-02 11:54:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Valar morghulis, guys... Valar morghulis
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-06-02 11:58:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Valar dohaeris.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-06-02 12:08:20
Link | Quote | Reply

In other developments,
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-06-02 12:15:40
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2014-06-02 12:18:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Angeluzun said: »
Arya laughing her *** off was pretty entertaining, unlike that waste of time pointlessness about the smashing of beetles. Like the Honest trailer said: "Monologues"

that beetle smash dialog was a bit too much.

I kept asking what is the POINT OF THIS STORYYYY

ohhhhh okay....
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-06-02 12:28:25
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-06-02 12:28:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I took the beetle monologue as a reflection of the virtue of Tyrion's character. At the most basic level, he literally cannot comprehend the acts of seemingly pointless violence that the people around him are capable of, and I imagine he finds some irony in dying just that way - crushed like some defenseless beetle under his father's rock never truly understanding why.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2014-06-02 12:44:38
Link | Quote | Reply

oh no, i got the analogy, just thought it wouldn't end
By ScaevolaBahamut 2014-06-02 13:39:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I took the beetle monologue as a reflection of the virtue of Tyrion's character. At the most basic level, he literally cannot comprehend the acts of seemingly pointless violence that the people around him are capable of, and I imagine he finds some irony in dying just that way - crushed like some defenseless beetle under his father's rock never truly understanding why.

It's a mirror to the rest of the story. Everybody's burning Westeros to the ground and then fighting over who gets to rule the ashes. Why? What's the point?

If you asked Stannis, he would say he smashes beetles because he is the rightful heir of beetle-smashing. If you asked the Mountain, he'd say it was because smashing beetles is fun, and he's terribly good at it. If you asked Arya, she'd tell you smashing (or rather, dreaming of smashing) beetles is the one thing that gives her life meaning. But those are all self-serving reasons. In the end, they're no different than Oston just sitting around, smashing beetles because they're there and he has nothing else to do.

Anyway, I loved last night's episode because Grey Worm is getting a story arc and that dude rules.
[+]
 Valefor.Angeluzun
By Valefor.Angeluzun 2014-06-02 14:09:39
Link | Quote | Reply

ScaevolaBahamut said: »
Grey Worm is getting a story arc and that dude rules.

In the back of my mind all I think is: more incest, really? But I guess all is good in the name of bewbs.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-06-02 14:11:39
Link | Quote | Reply

ScaevolaBahamut said: »
Grey Worm is getting a story arc and that dude rules.

In the back of my mind all I think is: more incest, really? But I guess all is good in the name of bewbs.

incest? they're not related as far as we know.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-06-02 14:14:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Missandei's brothers are unsullied, but not GW specifically.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-06-02 14:38:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »

was a really good episode last night.
[+]
 Odin.Calipso
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-06-02 14:44:39
Link | Quote | Reply

driderk said: »
I think this last episode bummed me out more than the red wedding. Really wanted Oberyn to exact more revenge.

Did no one notice the squire/whatever wiping down oberyns spear?

There's a reason he's called the red viper. :p

They did the fight scene really well. Holy crap, that was disgusting to watch.
[+]
 Valefor.Angeluzun
By Valefor.Angeluzun 2014-06-02 14:58:37
Link | Quote | Reply

None of this matters really because it's one of those loose ends that the show seems to be trying to make more interesting.

Edit: Or I just misinterpreted all of that and she too wants to know if the pillar and the stones are also gone.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2014-06-02 15:12:49
Link | Quote | Reply

None of this matters really because it's one of those loose ends that the show seems to be trying to make more interesting.

Edit: Or I just misinterpreted all of that and she too wants to know if the pillar and the stones are also gone.

Well, whether or not they're related is pretty inconsequential unless the sexual tension makes it so. One way or another people shouldn't be nerdwhining about how they're maybe brother and sister and thus should be precluded them from establishing a relationship this way and developing independently of Danaerys's arc.

more importantly i would like to reaffirm that grey worm is the most underappreciated character by fans (because zomg no zingers); he is the *** anti-hound and you would not see him go out like a *** from an infected wound because he was too scared to get cauterized
By ElysiumTK 2014-06-02 22:09:06
Link | Quote | Reply

"Red Viper of Dorne, you don't get a name like that unless your deadly right?"
"Never seen him fight...." "His going to die, I'm going to die" AHAHAHAHAHAHA I love Tyrion !!!
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-06-02 22:10:46
Link | Quote | Reply

ElysiumTK said: »
"Red viper of dawn, you don't get a name unless your deadly right?"
"Never seen him fight...." His going to die, I'm going to die" AHAHAHAHAHAHA I love Tyrion !!!

Red Viper of Dorne*
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-06-02 22:26:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I doubt we've seen the last of the Mountain. He has too big of a reputation to be taken down like this. At least, that's what I'm hoping.

I haven't read the books, nor do I intend to (at least until the show has come to an end) - so without knowing what lies ahead, I'm hoping for a confrontation between The Mountain and The Hound.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-06-02 22:29:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Atheryn said: »
I doubt we've seen the last of the Mountain. He has too big of a reputation to be taken down like this. At least, that's what I'm hoping.

I haven't read the books, nor do I intend to (at least until the show has come to an end) - so without knowing what lies ahead, I'm hoping for a confrontation between The Mountain and The Hound.

Obryn wasn't dumb, he would have been sure the Mountain was going down, I'd wager he had some manner of backup plan, like poison. They seemed pretty focused on pointing out that his spear wasn't ordinary and the scene followed the spontaneous conversation between the hound and Arya about it.
By ElysiumTK 2014-06-02 22:34:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
ElysiumTK said: »
"Red viper of dawn, you don't get a name unless your deadly right?"
"Never seen him fight...." His going to die, I'm going to die" AHAHAHAHAHAHA I love Tyrion !!!

Red Viper of Dorne*

Thanks ^^ I'll fix that lol
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-06-02 22:38:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, and another thing - the Creme of Oberon scene was almost too gruesome even for me, lol. I'm always having to describe what's going on during battle scenes to my wife, since she's forever hiding behind her hands - but this was making even me cringe.

I do have to say though, Oberon repeatedly demanding a confession was very Princess-Bridish, except that Inigo Montoya wasn't puréed by Andre the Giant.
By ElysiumTK 2014-06-02 22:47:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Atheryn said: »
Oh, and another thing - the Creme of Oberon scene was almost too gruesome even for me, lol. I'm always having to describe what's going on during battle scenes to my wife, since she's forever hiding behind her hands - but this was making even me cringe.

I do have to say though, Oberon repeatedly demanding a confession was very Princess-Bridish, except that Inigo Montoya wasn't puréed by Andre the Giant.

I cried not for his death (cause he should have kill the beast when he had the chance)... I cried because of my little midget what now :/
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 19 20 21