Bria Vs NIN W/twilight?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Bria vs NIN w/twilight?
Bria vs NIN w/twilight?
By sefalon 2011-01-17 14:44:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I am about to solo Bria for emp weapon and I see a lot of NIN using Twilight knife. I normally off hand Kamone however does anyone feel the knife would be worth using on NM's such as brias solo?
 Fenrir.Jeronlmo
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Jeronlmo
By Fenrir.Jeronlmo 2011-01-17 15:05:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Dont use the knife, just nin/dnc and stun every tp move, its an easy solo. You can get 2 Quicksteps or w/e off before every tp move, use a few subtle blow pieces of gear and Myoshu: Ichi.

On stunning, you can stun every TP move, after you ws 1-2 times, keep haste samba up, quickstep 1-2 times, just sit there and watch for the animation for any TP move, if you wait for it to show up in log you most likely wont react in time to stun it.

Currently 39/50 myself for Katana, GL~
By sefalon 2011-01-17 15:14:23
Link | Quote | Reply

TY for the awesome strategy I currently use the same however my question is geared more torward the knife itself and its overall usage vs NMs... Brias is just who I currently spend my time on now lol
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-17 15:17:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe they do it to steal tp. I mean between lots of subtle blow and the spell and Gnarled Horn you could limit it's tp moves alot
 Fenrir.Jeronlmo
By Fenrir.Jeronlmo 2011-01-17 15:35:28
Link | Quote | Reply

The dagger is more of a toy than anything, your going to do less dmg and feed it the same tp/hit, ive used it myself in xp or small NM's, but not for soloing, you need to kill it ASAP, dnc stun isnt 100% accurate, the move itself can miss, rarely do but the longer the fight is, the higher chance a Colossal Slam will get threw.

Also, in the chance that Colossal Slam does get threw, which has happened to me a few times, either bring a few RR item's or just use Apoc atma which you should prob use anyway if your solo farming pops, if you die from it, RR, 2hr, get up again and continue the fight.~

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Jeronlmo
By Fenrir.Jeronlmo 2011-01-17 15:57:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, i usually use RR/GN/Apoc if that helps.
 Gilgamesh.Ravenlokk
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Ravenlokk
By Gilgamesh.Ravenlokk 2011-01-17 16:02:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Even if slam lands, Briar's acc is such garbage that it wont kill you while you have ST20.

But yea- using knife on NIN is pretty fail for anything other than triggering red or blue !!.
By sefalon 2011-01-17 16:14:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I figured but thought I would ask. I love the dagger on my Thief. It is like the question about mg acc vs st swords for blue. I use str but soooo many use mag acc and i never really know why. (besides the obvious HB proc)

So as of now on NIN Knife is just a show piece