Abyssea Too Easy?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » Abyssea too easy?
Abyssea too easy?
 Sylph.Kimble
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-01-15 13:48:06
Link | Quote | Reply

If by to easy you mean gettinng good returns on your time investment, then yes.
[+]
 Cerberus.Najla
Server: Cerberus
user: Najla
By Cerberus.Najla 2011-01-15 13:56:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Easy yes, but I'm not complaining! Not having to wait 1yr + again to get some really great items is ok in my book.
 Leviathan.Niniann
Server: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-01-15 13:57:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Najla said:
Easy yes, but I'm not complaining! Not having to wait 1yr + again to get some really great items is ok in my book.

This. I still wish they made magian trials for salvage gear etc though. I did spend an awfully lot of time on that ._.;
 Sylph.Kimble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-01-15 14:20:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Niniann said:
Cerberus.Najla said:

This. I still wish they made magian trials for salvage gear etc though. I did spend an awfully lot of time on that ._.;

But was it over all fun and did you feel a sense of accomplishment when you finished it?
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-01-15 14:23:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Cerberus.Najla said:

But was it over all fun and did you feel a sense of accomplishment when you finished it?

Yes... but it's all mostly garbage now. Granted it's pretty garbage. Very pretty garbage.
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2011-01-15 14:24:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Im ok with abyssea being easy. thats awesome, an endgame event that doesnt take years.

But, it does piss me off a little at the ease of getting twilight gear. everyone and their dog has full twilight on my server, and if i see one more person full timing it im gonna explode.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-01-15 14:26:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Everything XI is easy and always has been, Abyssea has simply removed the tedium of forming large parties or alliances and instead created the tedium of doing a samey event constantly.
[+]
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2011-01-15 14:28:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends on what the interpretation of easy is????
 Cerberus.Starr
user: Starr
By Cerberus.Starr 2011-01-15 14:28:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Should wait til 99 to *** about how easy the gear was to get, most of it could be situational by then.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Vraelia
user: Vraelia
By Cerberus.Vraelia 2011-01-15 15:00:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:

Like e.g. I got my Epona's Ring couple days ago (b-day gift?)

I wish I gotten something like that on my Birthday Day on FF....; ; But I got jack ***. lol Lucky ***. lol :P
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2011-01-15 15:02:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Personally I like abyssea because now the entire player base is less gimp than it was say a year ago and to me that is well worth the investment of everyone's time.

Like e.g. I got my Epona's Ring couple days ago (b-day gift?) and I don't have any AF3+2 piece complete lol, haters be hatin though 8/

Also, I got Agasaya's Collar from someone else camping VNM over me after I called him a punk *** taru in LS lol >_> made me look like an *** and everyone more as hell knows no one would of done that long time ago for piece that good.

that's really a double edged sword though, i've been hearing alot from my friends about how now instead of let's say ... being gimped in gear they are now being gimped in terms of experiance and how to play their jobs correctly, or they may have the gear, but they don't know how to situationally use it.

Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-01-15 15:14:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Catnipthief said:
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Personally I like abyssea because now the entire player base is less gimp than it was say a year ago and to me that is well worth the investment of everyone's time.

Like e.g. I got my Epona's Ring couple days ago (b-day gift?) and I don't have any AF3+2 piece complete lol, haters be hatin though 8/

Also, I got Agasaya's Collar from someone else camping VNM over me after I called him a punk *** taru in LS lol >_> made me look like an *** and everyone more as hell knows no one would of done that long time ago for piece that good.

that's really a double edged sword though, i've been hearing alot from my friends about how now instead of let's say ... being gimped in gear they are now being gimped in terms of experiance and how to play their jobs correctly, or they may have the gear, but they don't know how to situationally use it.

That's really their fault though. Reading/asking questions goes a long way in terms of learning. Even going out and partying... or soloing, etc etc is decent practice on how to play your job.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.