Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Shinryu info
Shinryu info
 Caitsith.Surge
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Surge
By Caitsith.Surge 2011-01-13 21:46:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey i'm having a bit of a hard time reading wiki, my question now is while his wings are up he gains all damage right? and while his wings are down it stops abosrbing.

Also where do you see the hint for the ws?
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-13 21:48:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Um it only absorbs if it's tping or casting. And the hints are the same as any nm it's in the chat log sometimes when you do a spell or ws
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2011-01-13 21:59:07
Link | Quote | Reply

It's pretty straightforward actually.

When the wings are up he will absorb physical damage while doing a TP move and will absorb magical damage when casting a spell.

As for the hints, to get hints for red weakness you have to do an elemental WS, to get hints for blue you have to do a physical WS and for yellow you have to perform magic.

It's not 100% you will get a clue, you just have to keep trying until you get one.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-13 22:02:11
Link | Quote | Reply

You are slightly off. He absorbs all dmg when wings are up and he is doing a tp move or casting. Just go ahead and melee him while casting it heals him or magical ws while he does it will heal him. Kinda funny when someone panics and non stop heals it
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2011-01-13 22:05:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah so it is, my mistake.

And yeah i've seen those situations, someone just brewed it doing fine and then heals it, suddenly it's an "O ***, what do I do now?" sort of thing.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-13 22:07:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said:
Ah so it is, my mistake.

And yeah i've seen those situations, someone just brewed it doing fine and then heals it, suddenly it's an "O ***, what do I do now?" sort of thing.
Yeah one guy I was going with filters like everything out and was wondering why he hadn't killed it. Last time he was like but I got the last 6 ws off clean!!! I'm like if by clean you mean 4/6 healed it then yes. Or another time he was like I know the last 2 were clean... and they were but right before that he had healed it to full as noted by all the 0 healed text lol
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-01-13 22:37:04
Link | Quote | Reply

What really sucks is if you bring him under 25% with wings up, he'll do TP moves and Meteor nonstop and time-out your brew.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-13 22:38:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
What really sucks is if you bring him under 25% with wings up, he'll do TP moves and Meteor nonstop and time-out your brew.
Solution: Make your kill shots do more than that by alot and only do the lol proc ws before that. I've actually never seen that because of that. Is there really no room to get anything in edge why? Seems odd that it would pretty much stay invincible+1 while doing massive dmg
 Caitsith.Surge
Server: Caitsith
user: Surge
By Caitsith.Surge 2011-01-14 20:07:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
You are slightly off. He absorbs all dmg when wings are up and he is doing a tp move or casting. Just go ahead and melee him while casting it heals him or magical ws while he does it will heal him. Kinda funny when someone panics and non stop heals it

But isnt his regular attack tp moves? well the reason why i asking is cause i had a strat to pop blue and then have a rdm chianspell brew and blizz 4 him to death. Thats if wings are down of course i wonder if it would actually work too lol.

But thanks for the insight, i have a slight disability while reading and sometimes it goes in one ear and out the other. Ill be sure to pass on this info to the peeps i do runs with making sure we get a sure win ^^
 Asura.Jaybezz
Server: Asura
By Asura.Jaybezz 2011-01-14 20:32:05
Link | Quote | Reply

basic strat (every1 needs apoc atma) his atma
Go in on slashing with war sam pld whm TH6, pld+whm goes in fights for msg whiles other stay back, if the msg is katana wipe(aka wipe away from middle) then recover (full hp again) pld+whm goes in again(sam can go in also WS WS WS get msg asap).
Then go from there if u got the WS covered win win after that as soon as u proc blue !! 3-4 WS's later hes dead aka 16-25 seconds (loads of time 2 kill him whiles hes under blue !! proc = no TP moves = win = cape neck belt F u SE lol
 Asura.Rinkydink
Server: Asura
user: rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2011-01-14 20:44:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:

some guys paid me to brew shinny and they were doing the %.. they were like 50...40..30..40.50.. WTF he's regenning ur gna run out of time

because i knew full well i had time and wanted to make them panic! lol