Oracle Body.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Bard » Oracle body.
Oracle body.
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
Server: Alexander
Game: FFXI
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2009-02-27 09:47:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I was wondering whether any BRD's out there have this body, and how the +6 Macc compare to Errant body, I dont know the Macc-CHR ratio, Or whether this is worth it, Any thoughts?
 Bismarck.Alana
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Alana 2009-02-27 10:36:50
Link | Quote | Reply

BRD friend told me Oracles > errant/osode for landing songs
seems that macc is like +2 stats
if im wrong im sorry :P
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-02-27 10:42:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ultrarichard said:
I was wondering whether any BRD's out there have this body, and how the +6 Macc compare to Errant body, I dont know the Macc-CHR ratio, Or whether this is worth it, Any thoughts?
I don't think the full effect of macc has been found out yet. But basically, it's situational. Macc will help you land spells (probably not quite as much as +skill, but it's still unknown) where CHR will effect potency (where applicable). So if you know for sure you're going to land the song, then Errant/Osode. If you really have to land the song (lullaby for instance), then Oracle's body it is... Although I don't know off the top of my head what else is out there for brd body pieces. If you're using hoarde and need a wider area, you'll be using nursemaid's harp, so AF (or or perhaps minstrel's?) would be your best bet there.

I'm sure a career brd can give you a better insight, but that's how it works to my understanding.
 Sylph.Uchisokonau
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Uchisokonau 2009-02-27 10:44:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Sha'ir Manteel is always there, that is IF you can afford it lol. Although it gives less CHR (+7 compared to +10), it has more MP boost and spell recast down.
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2009-02-27 10:49:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for your reply's. I can land Elegy in my skill+ gear (which is pretty gimp tbh) on Sky gods, was curious about those irritating spells, such as requiem, which would be awesome to land for some things. No, lol I cant afford Manteel, But I wouldn't buy it if I could. I don't get many resists on things that matter, so I probably wont bother to get oracles body. Although the feet would be hawt to have, I haven't got the time to get them. Thanks for the input!
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-02-27 10:51:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Uchisokonau said:
Sha'ir Manteel is always there, that is IF you can afford it lol. Although it gives less CHR (+7 compared to +10), it has more MP boost and spell recast down.
Sha'ir Manteel and Yigit are really just for the casting time down. I don't think any brd really uses them for debuffing mobs, except maybe in meripo.
[+]
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2009-02-27 10:55:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I rarely merit, so I'm on the path for Yigit body for the times that I do.
I'll stick with errant(eventually i'll get osode for fun), and Minstrels coat.
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Server: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-02-27 11:10:50
Link | Quote | Reply

[quote=Blazza But basically, it's situational. Macc will help you land spells (probably not quite as much as +skill, but it's still unknown) where CHR will effect potency (where applicable).[/quote]

XXX

First on brd, (on debuffs only) you need to hit the magic CHR#. There are a few threads on BG that cover this. IIRC you need between either 120-130 or 130-140 chr, (can't check bg @ work /cry). After you reach the magic # of CHR then you try to stack as much skill as possible. As blaz said though MACC still isn't fully understood but for the time being I believe its being looked at similarly to physical acc. 1 skill = 1 acc sub 200 skill and 1 skill = .9 acc over 200 total skill.

As far as oracles it would totally depend on the rest of your gear. Are you currently in the sweet spot for CHR? If you remove your errant/osode are you still in the sweet spot? If not, how much skill do you have to remove from other slots to get back in the sweet spot range? If 1 MACC = .9 skill then for all intents and purposes 6 MACC on oracles is going to nearly equal 6 skill.

For example, lets say the sweet zone on CHR is 120-130 (i think this is the correct one). You currently have 125 chr on your defuff setup and use a nereid ring for skill boost. If you remove the errant/osode for oracles it will push you down to 115 which is too low. However, if you replace the nereid ring with Hevean's Ring (+5 chr) that will push you back to 120 chr (the bottom of the sweet range) and you gain roughly 3 acc from oracles over nereid.

So, like i said, its extremely dependant on every other single piece of gear that you debuff in.

If you post exactly what you use for debuffs and your base CHR on your character, it would be easy to figure out if it would be a useful body for you.
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2009-02-27 11:18:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm actually going out, so I'll post my gear stuffs when I get back. But I know for sure, after selling my Sha'ir legs, and not having a CHR headpiece, that I don't reach 120+ CHR anymore. If I really need more for the time, I'll stick up an Etude, but in my CHR setup for debuffing, I do usually have +13 wind skill, and +5 singing from demons helm. I'm a Hume Male, so I think my base CHR is 68-70 while subbing WHM.