Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Jishnu's Radiance Build
Jishnu's Radiance Build
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 21 22 23
 Valefor.Mishta
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Mishta 2011-10-19 03:25:37
Link | Quote | Reply

This is my current ws set, minus weapons of course. Any advice would be appreciated.
edit: oh yea i changed neck to rancor collar, srry bout that
 Asura.Vrytreya
Server: Asura
user: VZX
By Asura.Vrytreya 2011-10-19 05:34:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Aias Bonnet is still better than Ocelomeh/+1. Light/Flame Gorget/Belt are better than any options out there. Sylvan Glovelette +1/+2 is better than Hachiryu Kote. Lithe is arguably better than Scout's socks/+1 when your ranged pDIF is in the stable zone.

Basically, unless you need that DEX for capping dDEX (and you actually sure that those amount of DEX is the last amount of DEX you need to cap dDEX), then STR is still a slightly better choice (due to additional ratk).
Remember we RNGs use fSTR2 instead of fSTR, which, if you want me to translate to secondary mod: it's 59% STR.
[+]
 Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-10-19 06:11:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Remember also that fSTR2 caps, so inside abyssea hachiryu are still the best hand piece; same with ocelomeh vs aias bonnet.

Outside abyssea, assuming VW, you shouldn't be using jishnu's anyway.
By Greever 2011-10-19 06:21:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vrytreya said: »
Aias Bonnet is still better than Ocelomeh/+1. Light/Flame Gorget/Belt are better than any options out there. Sylvan Glovelette +1/+2 is better than Hachiryu Kote. Lithe is arguably better than Scout's socks/+1 when your ranged pDIF is in the stable zone.

Basically, unless you need that DEX for capping dDEX (and you actually sure that those amount of DEX is the last amount of DEX you need to cap dDEX), then STR is still a slightly better choice (due to additional ratk).
Remember we RNGs use fSTR2 instead of fSTR, which, if you want me to translate to secondary mod: it's 59% STR.

Ive been wanting to ask someeone about this. and since u seem to be the only one responding with info in the past couple of days ill just ask u lol.

this is strictly outside abyssea question. no atmas or curor buffs and ***like that. just regular base stats and gear type question.

What is the priority for jishnu's? im under the impression that crit hit rate should be at the top of ur list, since w/o atmas its the hardest thing to get in gear (for ranger).

I average 1500 jishnu's on voidwatch mobs with the highest spike being 2.9k (non-piercing weak mob) lowest has been 800 (missed a hit).

ATM this is what im building my jishnu's set around. please correct me if im wrong.

crit hit rate > dex > str/rng att > crit dmg > rng acc?
 Carbuncle.Samir
Server: Carbuncle
user: Samir
By Carbuncle.Samir 2011-10-19 11:30:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Helel said: »

Why?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ninurta
Server: Ragnarok
user: DiSifer02
By Ragnarok.Ninurta 2011-10-19 11:43:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Using that outside. Averaging about 1500 on T3 (Kaggen, Pil, Qilin, etc) with spikes up to 3500. /SAM using RCB.
 Asura.Vrytreya
By Asura.Vrytreya 2011-10-19 23:53:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Remember also that fSTR2 caps, so inside abyssea hachiryu are still the best hand piece; same with ocelomeh vs aias bonnet.

And you know what my fSTR2 outside Abyssea? Against Pteranodon in WoE conflux 7, my fSTR2 with +43 STR and 8 STR merit is 0. In order to cap it, I need 72 extra STR.

So unless you're packing SA and VV, you probably won't have it capped. So capping it is pretty much impossible unless you try too hard

Greever said: »

Ive been wanting to ask someeone about this. and since u seem to be the only one responding with info in the past couple of days ill just ask u lol.

this is strictly outside abyssea question. no atmas or curor buffs and ***like that. just regular base stats and gear type question.

What is the priority for jishnu's? im under the impression that crit hit rate should be at the top of ur list, since w/o atmas its the hardest thing to get in gear (for ranger).

I average 1500 jishnu's on voidwatch mobs with the highest spike being 2.9k (non-piercing weak mob) lowest has been 800 (missed a hit).

ATM this is what im building my jishnu's set around. please correct me if im wrong.

There's no easy answer for this. I'm not gonna give you the 1-dimensional answer people been giving to each other.

It's good for people to understand that multiplicative equations grow faster percent-by-percent when you add another variable. In other words, for theoretical higher-average, you may want to spread the stats out.

But things like crit, double attack, triple attack, occasionally deals double damage are the non-definitive way to increase your average damage, while secondary mod, str is the definitive way to increase your average damage. It takes a long fight to see the non-definitive damage to shine over the definite way.

So stacking crit for now is good, but remember your damage will probably be lower, but the occasionally spike will bring your damage up. Does the fight last long enough to warrant such occasions occur enough times to bring the damage as theoretical one? That's something I can't answer.
[+]
By Greever 2011-10-20 09:20:02
Link | Quote | Reply

And you know what my fSTR2 outside Abyssea? Against Pteranodon in WoE conflux 7, my fSTR2 with +43 STR and 8 STR merit is 0. In order to cap it, I need 72 extra STR.

So unless you're packing SA and VV, you probably won't have it capped. So capping it is pretty much impossible unless you try too hard

Greever said: »

There's no easy answer for this. I'm not gonna give you the 1-dimensional answer people been giving to each other.

It's good for people to understand that multiplicative equations grow faster percent-by-percent when you add another variable. In other words, for theoretical higher-average, you may want to spread the stats out.

But things like crit, double attack, triple attack, occasionally deals double damage are the non-definitive way to increase your average damage, while secondary mod, str is the definitive way to increase your average damage. It takes a long fight to see the non-definitive damage to shine over the definite way.

So stacking crit for now is good, but remember your damage will probably be lower, but the occasionally spike will bring your damage up. Does the fight last long enough to warrant such occasions occur enough times to bring the damage as theoretical one? That's something I can't answer.

well atm i dual box 2 characters. for void watch, whm and rng. im usually on my whm, and just get 300% tp for red stagger (meditate and random shots when healing is covered). Then i unload, atm were just going for wins, we actually just finished up the bastok path last night (last one we needed).

now if i were too be able to shoot full time id go for a more ballanced set.

I should have mentioned this earlier though, could have saved some confusion behind my sets.
 Ragnarok.Ninurta
By Ragnarok.Ninurta 2011-10-20 13:13:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Lv. 10 Incursion/Persistence, /SAM, rcb. Adding Persistence with 10STR as oppose to Onslaught with 10AGI/4DEX had a much more noticeable result. Eyeballing it, I would say average on Malleator was 2500ish and Kaggen was 16-1700ish. ([img] tags not working for some reason)
 Lakshmi.Aanalaty
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aanalaty
By Lakshmi.Aanalaty 2011-10-20 15:18:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Gorgets/belts are based on the lv 1 and 2 SC properties. The relic WS have been tested (only full light/dark property ones in existence before empy). But all those WS (and empys) have a secondary SC property that is a level 2. Fusion, distortion, etc. The gorgets/belt work off of those.

Light or fire work for fusion, water/ice both for distortion regardless of if you can do double light or dark with the WS. All secondary SC properties
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-10-21 13:45:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asking for general advice on these sets. I'm not worried about maximizing because I won't be investing 3m for 1 DEX, or 20m for any of the new VW +1 gear. Thanks ahead of time.

RNG TP

Jinshu's

Byakko's has +4% Crit Damage, and I'm looking to augment the Kote with crit-rate, but I'm not sure if that'd be better than Glovelettes.

As a note, I have a little more r.acc in my build than normal builds intentionally, as I don't plan on using RNG in Abyssea often, and more for VW.
 Ragnarok.Nimai
user: Nimai
By Ragnarok.Nimai 2011-10-21 20:39:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, I have a few problems with these Jishnu's builds and I need to clear the air here with mine, for my own personal gain, and yes I've had a few (beer's that is). Let it be known that I do not have the WS yet, tho I will. Plus or minus a few HQ pieces this will be my outside set since inside should be ofc omfgbbq obvious. I'm also planning on making Yoichi so this will all be moot by this time next year.

Jishnu's:

Kitty pants have Crit DMG 4% (Due to Hi outside build) and this build has a solid mix of DEX for dDEX, RATK, and STR, so I fell it will win out more often than not, pending testing. Also I see a lot of RNG's using Brave grip (outside, "seems so strange to call what was once the norm, outside, doesn't it?")tho I really don't understand why, being that using an item to increase crit DMG on a ws that isn't a guaranteed crit seems like a wasted space, much like Loki's would be. Again, aside from HQ items like Jupiter's pearls, and maybe even turning into Vulcan's pending testing, I see no real flaw in this build, maybe a lack of RACC could be a problem. Also, I was always under the impression that Light gorget/belt didn't work, so I'm perplexed when I see it in WS sets.

Side note: Sorry for the walls of texted thought, and also I wanted to post my TP set(s) but posting two is such a horrendous idea, when all that changes is three snapshot pieces (body/hands/waist). And to the above poster who has AF 3+2 feet in there TP set, take them out, what gain can you possibly have? Troll RACC someone plox.
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-10-21 23:56:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Though I'm not an expert on RNG, according to my math it equivocates to 7.5 r.acc. If uncapped, I'd more willingly take 7.5 acc/-8enmity over 10 r.atk. I'm not an expert though, in fact I've never even done VW on RNG yet, and that's why I'm asking for advice.
 Leviathan.Alkalinejoe
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Alkalinejoe 2011-10-21 23:58:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I keep seeing people asking why others (me) use Brave Grip instead of other options.

First off, Gatta+1 is hard to find on my server. They are sold month apart. Secondly, in my current build /sam, Rose doesn't shave off a hit for me (not to mention I'm still in the process of ranking up that I've put off for so long) and after those two, I currently don't see any other viable grips (90 and below, have not looked at 91+ grips).

While some people are trying to look for Gatta+1, Brave is the next best choice.

Also @nimai, light belt/gorget do work for Jishnu's.
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2011-10-22 00:05:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Claymore would work in there as well as Brave, assuming it works on ranged attacks. I don't know that there has ever been definitive testing.
 Leviathan.Alkalinejoe
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Alkalinejoe 2011-10-22 00:08:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I recall hearing it didn't work on ranged attacks, not entirely sure. It would be pretty great if it did.
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2011-10-22 00:20:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I find it odd that Brave works and Claymore doesn't, but /shrug
 Asura.Vrytreya
By Asura.Vrytreya 2011-10-22 01:16:20
Link | Quote | Reply

crit damage+ works globally
crit hit rate+ works locally on main/sub weapon slot, otherwise it works globally
 Ragnarok.Ninurta
By Ragnarok.Ninurta 2011-10-22 08:51:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
Though I'm not an expert on RNG, according to my math it equivocates to 7.5 r.acc. If uncapped, I'd more willingly take 7.5 acc/-8enmity over 10 r.atk. I'm not an expert though, in fact I've never even done VW on RNG yet, and that's why I'm asking for advice.

In VW that set is fine, although I'd get rid of the Pyrosoul ring to TP in; just depends on your skills. I've been using this; eating rcb, Archery capped at 412. I used to use Pot Au-Feus' but found that I don't really need to.

Ragnarok.Nimai said: »
Jishnu's:

Kitty pants have Crit DMG 4% (Due to Hi outside build) and this build has a solid mix of DEX for dDEX, RATK, and STR, so I fell it will win out more often than not, pending testing. Also I see a lot of RNG's using Brave grip (outside, "seems so strange to call what was once the norm, outside, doesn't it?")tho I really don't understand why, being that using an item to increase crit DMG on a ws that isn't a guaranteed crit seems like a wasted space, much like Loki's would be. Again, aside from HQ items like Jupiter's pearls, and maybe even turning into Vulcan's pending testing, I see no real flaw in this build, maybe a lack of RACC could be a problem. Also, I was always under the impression that Light gorget/belt didn't work, so I'm perplexed when I see it in WS sets.

Side note: Sorry for the walls of texted thought, and also I wanted to post my TP set(s) but posting two is such a horrendous idea, when all that changes is three snapshot pieces (body/hands/waist). And to the above poster who has AF 3+2 feet in there TP set, take them out, what gain can you possibly have? Troll RACC someone plox.

AF3+2 hands are better than Hachi; Light (or Flame also I believe) gorget/belt will work with Jishnu's. Osode with crit+ will out-do both Loki and Toci.
 Odin.Elvaron
Server: Odin
user: Showtek
By Odin.Elvaron 2011-10-22 10:06:09
Link | Quote | Reply

eww Hachiryu Kote -> AF3+2 hands !
[+]
 Asura.Vrytreya
By Asura.Vrytreya 2011-10-22 20:05:05
Link | Quote | Reply

And to the above poster who has AF 3+2 feet in there TP set, take them out, what gain can you possibly have? Troll RACC someone plox.
-Enmity?
As long as we don't wield annihilator, in longer fight, -enmity always welcome.
 Ragnarok.Nimai
By Ragnarok.Nimai 2011-10-22 21:59:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I can see how you're right about the KO Ninurta, I took a break for several months and in that time they added the sky augments, so I was unaware of the Crit + DMG that could be added to KO, tho would 3 CRIT DMG rly out parse 3 STR and DEX? Unless you were talking about the possible Crit rate, which I think would be more viable, being that your WS isn't a guaranteed crit, and anything that will add the chance would be best.

As for the Af3 feet situa:
I suppose but you could wear a Novia for almost the same -Enmity and take out clearview (prolly not the best choice) or his Hollow's and gain more RATK in one slot with Relic feets.

As for RACC he could wear Praeda sabaton's or w/e they're called and have more RACC that way as well, so like I was saying using those feet aren't utilizing that slot the best he could.

I wasn't trying to troll his TP set just saying there are better options.
 Ragnarok.Ninurta
By Ragnarok.Ninurta 2011-10-23 00:16:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless you were talking about the possible Crit rate, which I think would be more viable, being that your WS isn't a guaranteed crit, and anything that will add the chance would be best.

This; was getting ready for work and forgot to specify it seems, apologies.
 Asura.Vrytreya
By Asura.Vrytreya 2011-10-23 02:20:52
Link | Quote | Reply

As for the Af3 feet situa:
I suppose but you could wear a Novia for almost the same -Enmity and take out clearview (prolly not the best choice) or his Hollow's and gain more RATK in one slot with Relic feets.

As for RACC he could wear Praeda sabaton's or w/e they're called and have more RACC that way as well, so like I was saying using those feet aren't utilizing that slot the best he could.

I wasn't trying to troll his TP set just saying there are better options.
The best would be wearing Novia and AF3 +2 feet combo. If -enmity isn't capped yet, it's always better to stack more, just like haste.
With -50 enmity all the time, you can deal twice as much damage before pulling mob attention.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nimai
By Ragnarok.Nimai 2011-10-24 13:03:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure you're arguing a moot point, even coronach RNG's pull hate, and with mobs that have hate reset's your -Enmity means nothing. Also abyssea is such a lolShow that everyone pulls hate except the tanks, and more often than not the Cala DRK, Ukkon WAR, or even the THF with their constant DOT hits will hold hate when everyone has capped enmity anyways, the mob ends up cycling through to the person that hit them last, try tanking on a cookie cutter Kannagi NIN and see where I'm coming from, so that's a lol matter in its self, and outside any halfway decent PLD with an Almace can hold hate till the previously mentioned hate reset.

Not to mention it's usually your spike in WS DMG or Barrage that gives you the most hate not your TP hits, also in VW with a COR in your pt you're hardly TPing the mob, or you're /SAM for Sekka ws staggers, and can meditate or TP wing your way to 300tp before you even act on the mob. Anyways to "not pull hate" he'd have to have those pieces in his WS/Barrage sets to gain the most, and what self respecting RNG that loves their job will ever do that?

And you can't deal twice as much DMG with the -Eminty pieces, sorry -Enmity doesn't give RATK or STR or even allow you to shoot faster, you just happen to have a small piece of mind that if you pull hate TPing a mob you can lol at the tank for ever picking up the job.

Sorry but I really just don't see your justification, and on a side note, my RNG friend and I were talking yesterday, and we both lol'd when he said, with Yoichi in hand, why not just go all out and do as much DMG as you can, and if you die then you die, it's a free hate reset and RNG isn't affected by weakness x1, however just don't stand next to anyone important and mpk them. >.>;;

/rant off

Edited for a spelling error.
 Ragnarok.Nimai
By Ragnarok.Nimai 2011-10-24 13:14:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Side note: I just got a DEX +2 augment on my Vulcan's after getting a -1 STR -1 DEX on it the other day. /o/ wooo! lol

Tho I'ma <(I'ma is a word, it didn't do the squiggly red line spell checky check thing thing) keep trying till I get STR or moar DEX or MOAR STR and DEX!
 Asura.Nyaarye
user: Nyaarye
By Asura.Nyaarye 2011-10-24 14:13:35
Link | Quote | Reply

you can deal twice as much damage before pulling mob attention.

People often overlook that when a ranger pulls hate and has the mob running to the not-so-sweet-spot-anymore, it causes all your melees to miss TP rounds, likely reducing the group's overall damage more than what you gained by going all out. This assuming you were shooting from the sweet spot to begin with. Also having to reposition is annoying for mages too. Of course if your objective on ranger is to die that's your business.

As for af3+2 shoes vs Scout's socks, af3 also increases set proc rate for Rapid shots. The benefit is quite small but it's there nonetheless. For gun users there's obviously even more reason to use sylvan shoes.
 Ragnarok.Nimai
By Ragnarok.Nimai 2011-10-24 14:53:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel like this is beating the dead horse, and I have school work to do but this is obviously distracting me. You can't say that you've honestly pulled hate TPing a mob, unless, it was lvl 55+ bird parties and you just got lolWinder, followed up by a TP shot, and said "OMG look at me derp", merit parties where you just lolWindered again, followed up by a TP shot, and had your food stolen, then lol'd at the Amano SAM that isn't using a Tomoe and just lost his TP, a NIN tank with a THF friend that can't properly TA, Odin chamber where you're gonna die anyways, or the surprise of a crap a$$ PLD who just leeched his way to 95 cause his LS made his BLU an Almace and he thinks he can now be a PLD (Ochain coming soon for even more of a false door), it was either, post Barrage, WS, Barrage/WS, or WS/Barrage/WS, "which is vury fun," and No, my intention on RNG is to deal the most DMG and not die, but in the likely event that it happens, it's a well welcomed free hate reset.

With that said if you're pulling hate in TP phase as RNG you can honestly point the finger at the tank, granted a spike in WS DMG and Barrage is going to move you up higher on the Hate list, -Enmity doesn't mean it chips away or degrades your Enmity at all, it just means you move up the ladder slower...... There for you're still going to climb it, and with spike DMG, probably faster, so focusing or making adjustments to your TP build for -Enmity is reducing your overall DMG and only postponing the inevitable event of you pulling hate.

Plus RNG has Camo for TP phase, which I'm fairly certain works on all mobs including NM's unless they detect by sight, Stealth shot for WS's which pairs up nicely with Flashy, and even Decoy, so you have tools to utilize for your advantage.

Also, Scout's have -3 enmity, +1 -4, so it's not like you'd even be losing that much.

But w/e focus on -Enmity all you want, tho I feel it's just vury silly, and I will argue this point till I'm blue in the face and you just say "You're right Nim, how could I ever have doubted you."

/edited cause I knownothowtoproofread
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-10-24 15:02:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Though -enmity does not increase the degradation of enmity values, it does drop at a constant rate. If you reduce the rate at which you climb, it will grow closer to the rate at which enmity decays, making a larger impact over time. This let's stay on point longer before reaching enmity cap.

You've made it clear you'll have no discussion about it though, so I'll leave it at that.
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 21 22 23