First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 21 22 23
 Ragnarok.Nimai
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Nimai
By Ragnarok.Nimai 2011-10-24 16:47:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Nyaarye said: »
af3 also increases set proc rate for Rapid shots.

I said I wasn't gonna do it but here:

Pre-nock:

Actual TP shot:

First off, don't comment on what xHit build I have/am close too/or way off from, cause atm I'm to lazy to pull up ffcalc and change my sets pending /SAM, /WAR, or xHit, one day maybe I will.

Mirke has 5 snap, though I use the dominion body cause I gain a free AMK upgrade, Blood with 4 snap, don't have them yet, (f'ing -1 synths failz when you have the Abj and 28 tatters waiting) so I use Alruna's, and will continue to if they post the snap % is higher than the aug on BFG's. Libeccio just for the recycle proc.

I use Scout's belt > Bucc for the RATK, though the 4 STR would probably aide more in fSTR2, though I don't want to pull it out of storage since I use Scout's for Barrage, and I swear if someone asks why I will cut you.

So I ask though, any proper RNG would only benefit from 3 pieces IF they used the +2 feet, since rapid shot procs before snap is calculated, and in terms of that, they would only gain a mere 1-3% chance, is it worth it naow?

And Tikal I appreciate your thoughtful comment and you're right "can't believe I'm saying it, but you are", but again your TP phase pulling hate isn't the problem, it will always be your spike DMG. Granted the TP shots will add insult to injury if you don't compensate for enmity gained, note why pieces of RNG AF2 have -enmity, SE was thinking, for once, though it's just not worth compensating for when there are better things to use, it's in all fairness an added bonus when -En is on something useful.

Also I apologize to any RNG or prospective RNG's that are baffled by the derailment of a WS thread into a RNG TP thread, it just happened that way cuz I take the job seriously. Sorry <3
[+]
 Odin.Skeero
Server: Odin
By Odin.Skeero 2011-10-24 17:46:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesnt recycle proc when the shot acually fires? Curious.
 Asura.Vrytreya
Server: Asura
user: VZX
By Asura.Vrytreya 2011-10-24 22:22:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Skeero said: »
It's the same time how the recast time is calculated when you cast a spell.

Ragnarok.Nimai said: »

Pre-nock:

Actual TP shot:

First off, don't comment on what xHit build I have/am close too/or way off from, cause atm I'm to lazy to pull up ffcalc and change my sets pending /SAM, /WAR, or xHit, one day maybe I will.

Mirke has 5 snap, though I use the dominion body cause I gain a free AMK upgrade, Blood with 4 snap, don't have them yet, (f'ing -1 synths failz when you have the Abj and 28 tatters waiting) so I use Alruna's, and will continue to if they post the snap % is higher than the aug on BFG's. Libeccio just for the recycle proc.
Caban +1/ +2 has the same snapshot increment as Mirke's Snapshot +5
http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Sylvan_Caban_%2B1

Quote:
So I ask though, any proper RNG would only benefit from 3 pieces IF they used the +2 feet, since rapid shot procs before snap is calculated, and in terms of that, they would only gain a mere 1-3% chance, is it worth it naow?
How do you know rapid shot procs before snap?

Quote:
And Tikal I appreciate your thoughtful comment and you're right "can't believe I'm saying it, but you are", but again your TP phase pulling hate isn't the problem, it will always be your spike DMG. Granted the TP shots will add insult to injury if you don't compensate for enmity gained, note why pieces of RNG AF2 have -enmity, SE was thinking, for once, though it's just not worth compensating for when there are better things to use, it's in all fairness an added bonus when -En is on something useful.
Put -enmity to WS as well? Sacrificing couple hundred of damage for longer survivability is worth it, no?

A good RNG should cause no trouble like pulling the mob around during fight and let the healer to focus not on yourself (really, what's the point of hitting stuff from range to avoid AoE but in the end you'll glue the mob onto you?), and know when to unleash the spike damage.

RNG is able to dish as much damage as other DD, but is it wise to do so? Sense where your enmity at, sense the battle flow, then decide what you should do. -Enmity gear is just a tool to sense where your enmity at (as well as giving you more room for more damage) more precisely.

Still can't get what I'm saying? Then it's probably better for you to run some -enmity simulation with paper and pencil.
Here are the premise:
1. a -50 enmity gear setup won't make your damage dropped below 50% of your damage when using 0 enmity gear setup.
2. You can die in less than 30 secs by dealing as much damage as you can if you want.
3. During single weakened phase, you will hold back dealing damage anyway so that you won't get killed again and incur double weakness.
4. Double weakened RNG is useless useless useless.
By Greever 2011-10-25 07:24:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vrytreya said: »
Odin.Skeero said: »
It's the same time how the recast time is calculated when you cast a spell.

Pre-nock:

Actual TP shot:

Caban +1/ +2 has the same snapshot increment as Mirke's Snapshot +5
http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Sylvan_Caban_%2B1

Quote:
How do you know rapid shot procs before snap?

Quote:
Put -enmity to WS as well? Sacrificing couple hundred of damage for longer survivability is worth it, no?

A good RNG should cause no trouble like pulling the mob around during fight and let the healer to focus not on yourself (really, what's the point of hitting stuff from range to avoid AoE but in the end you'll glue the mob onto you?), and know when to unleash the spike damage.

RNG is able to dish as much damage as other DD, but is it wise to do so? Sense where your enmity at, sense the battle flow, then decide what you should do. -Enmity gear is just a tool to sense where your enmity at (as well as giving you more room for more damage) more precisely.

Still can't get what I'm saying? Then it's probably better for you to run some -enmity simulation with paper and pencil.
Here are the premise:
1. a -50 enmity gear setup won't make your damage dropped below 50% of your damage when using 0 enmity gear setup.
2. You can die in less than 30 secs by dealing as much damage as you can if you want.
3. During single weakened phase, you will hold back dealing damage anyway so that you won't get killed again and incur double weakness.
4. Double weakened RNG is useless useless useless.

I have always believed this even though ive been called gimp because of it lol.

But one other thing that i find rng is exceptionally good at, more so then other DD's. is estabishling a hate base after a tank dies. So many times have i ended up saving us from a wipe being "coservitive"...yea i may go down cause im paper thin, but if that gives a back up mnk/nin/pld enough time to estabilish enough hate so it dosent go rampaging on the mages. then we dident just waste our time.

Jishnu's is the perfect ws for this also. In the past we would have to depend on the inacurate slugwinder and every so often, almost always in a dire situation, u miss lol. With jishnu's the acc is never a problem. I have yet to full on miss a a JR.

In alot of these threads, you always read about maximizing spike and white dmg. But when do you really get to go ball's to the wall? having a Xhit build is meaningless if ur dead, and a double dead rng is exactly what vrytrea said.
 Ragnarok.Nimai
By Ragnarok.Nimai 2011-10-25 16:12:52
Link | Quote | Reply

First off you hurt my head.

Secondly, thanks for the link too Sylvan Caban I often wondered if the enhances velocity was equal or better than 5 snap, though I never really cared to look it up, and it's still a moot point cause they are one in the same, and I was still getting equal delay reduction, and gaining the full benefit of Caban's stats anyways. Though since this is now the case and I can wear caban full time, gain +1 inventory, and still the rapid shot proc will only be affected by three pieces, because once again the feet are useless to a bow RNG, hell I even passed all of the +2 items for months now cause they serve better use to others in my LS, and I'm main RNG, and priority to get them. >.>;;

Also, since rapid shot is stated as "instantly firing a shot", how could you even question the rapid/snap check system, it's much like parry/guard//eva in the sense that (If not */then *). Also it's much like putting in fast cast before 25% cast, and then MND/INT mid cast to gain the full benefit of both sets........ Only difference is there's no "Occasionally casts instantly" trait, or it would be exactly like the rapid/snap check. And since this may be a hard concept to grasp, and I had to explain it, I'll try to find the calculation from one of the math nazi's in previous threads, pretty sure it may have been Dasva or Karbuncle that did it, but w/e. >.>;;

Putting -Enmity in your WS set..... Not even gonna touch this.

Bar in mind I'm not against -Enmity, make a -Enmity set to your hearts content, even a WS set, use it when you need too, but you don't need make a habit of it, and you don't need to alter your normal TP set for it.... Also you don't need to try and prove too me that it's omfgbbq you don't know how to use RNG cause you don't believe in -Enmity, and can't take a moment to check the flow of the battle and know when to dish and serve, cause yeah sorry, been playing RNG for a while, no it wasn't abyssea leeched, and it was my only DD job for a long time, since RDM THF and NIN were hardly ever that. >.>;;

So thanks for trying to put up a fight but once again sorry -Enmity should never be your focus.

And wow RNG double weak is useless? Never knew that, especially not after dying right after I RR'd in Odin chamber, and a Helly +1 Tarutaru wanted to have a confession with the big man on the horse. >.>;;

Yoda says: Situational is situational, -Enmity is.
[+]
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-10-25 16:16:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Rapid shot screws with your x-hit builds if you use snapshot (which you should). Of course an quick attack is going to happen before a snapshot (haste) attack.
 Asura.Vrytreya
By Asura.Vrytreya 2011-10-25 19:50:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, since rapid shot is stated as "instantly firing a shot"
Where did you quote this?
The game description obviously wrote "Occasionally reduces ranged attack delay."
Per my testing in early 2007 I've stated that rapid shot will occasionally cut your aiming delay to 50%.

Quote:
Bar in mind I'm not against -Enmity, make a -Enmity set to your hearts content, even a WS set, use it when you need too, but you don't need make a habit of it, and you don't need to alter your normal TP set for it.... Also you don't need to try and prove too me that it's omfgbbq you don't know how to use RNG cause you don't believe in -Enmity, and can't take a moment to check the flow of the battle and know when to dish and serve, cause yeah sorry, been playing RNG for a while, no it wasn't abyssea leeched, and it was my only DD job for a long time, since RDM THF and NIN were hardly ever that. >.>;;

So thanks for trying to put up a fight but once again sorry -Enmity should never be your focus.
Well, you have all the right to be ignorant for whatever information given to you. I'm not trying to be a knowledge savior by saying "oh, you must believe this"

Quote:
And wow RNG double weak is useless? Never knew that, especially not after dying right after I RR'd in Odin chamber, and a Helly +1 Tarutaru wanted to have a confession with the big man on the horse. >.>;;
New to you? This existed as far as back when ToAU came out.
Your racc is close to 0, your ratk is close to 0, so you're basically useless meat.

You can play a job however long for argument, in whatever legit way you play it, but if you were never pay attention to details like this, you can't say you "taking the job seriously"
[+]
 Sylph.Sukasaroth
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Sukasaroth 2011-10-25 20:02:52
Link | Quote | Reply

idk i just make these things up w/o lvling jobs
 Siren.Seiri
Server: Siren
user: seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2011-10-25 21:04:10
Link | Quote | Reply

New to you? This existed as far as back when ToAU came out.
Your racc is close to 0, your ratk is close to 0, so you're basically useless meat.

Also your macc/matk is near 0 also so even using an elemental WS will leave you still in the useless meat category.

You really need to get yourself out of abyssea, because the abyssean age of not 'if your not taking hate, your leeching' is coming to an end in the new - and likely all upcoming - endgame. In any situation with the mid to upper tiers of voidwatch, or even some harder aby NMs for christ sake, if a back-liner takes hate, they will often cause the mages to take an AoE with them, potentially causing a wipe.

Furthermore. As has been said, even in a set hitting -50 enmity, your overall DoT will not be even nearly halfed. Yes, you will lose maybe 10~15% of your overall output, but you can deal 100% more damage before taking hate. Also, this 100% extra damage will be dealt over a greater period of time, allowing for more VE decay, directly allowing for more and more damage to be dealt. Should also mention that a lot of newer rng gear has -enmity included, so the 10~15% output loss is likely an exaggeration.

A nice phrase i heard once, cant remember who said it: "True Epeen is not to dish out 5k damage in 30 seconds, and then spend 5 minutes sitting back. True Epeen is to deal 2k damage a minute and stay standing through the whole fight."

Simply put, -enmity should be an ACTIVE aim in your tp, and even for many WS sets if you ever plan to use rng in up-to-date endgame.
[+]
 Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-10-25 21:26:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Just upgrade a gun and stop worrying about enmity. You're welcome.
[+]
 Siren.Seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2011-10-25 21:28:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Helel said: »
Just upgrade a gun and stop worrying about enmity. You're welcome.

Armageddon <3 (yes i know, its not anni but its the closest im getting. yoichi is my goal atm.)
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-10-25 21:45:11
Link | Quote | Reply

VE caps waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay before CE, so that's not really a consideration unless you're actually sitting on your *** waiting for VE to completely decay before resuming damage. -enmity is still good until CE is capped though.

EDIT: Also worth noting that it doesn't actually double your potential output unless you're also WSing in -50 enm, especially in Voidwatch where damage is so skewed towards weaponskills.
 Asura.Vrytreya
By Asura.Vrytreya 2011-10-26 01:15:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
VE caps waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay before CE, so that's not really a consideration unless you're actually sitting on your *** waiting for VE to completely decay before resuming damage. -enmity is still good until CE is capped though.

EDIT: Also worth noting that it doesn't actually double your potential output unless you're also WSing in -50 enm, especially in Voidwatch where damage is so skewed towards weaponskills.
That's why I also suggesting stacking -enmity for WS.

It doesn't matter which one caps first. Who got the most TE, they will be the one to face the mob. The point of -enmity gear so that you cap it slower not less likely to be capped.

Probably this is something hard to crunch for non-number people, but Sylvan Caban +2 is a good deal for trading Jishnu's damage for -enmity.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-10-26 01:20:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I was specifically responding to this:

Seiri said:
Also, this 100% extra damage will be dealt over a greater period of time, allowing for more VE decay, directly allowing for more and more damage to be dealt.

Sorry that wasn't clear, should have quoted.
 Ragnarok.Nimai
By Ragnarok.Nimai 2011-10-26 05:45:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Game Description: Occasionally reduces ranged attack delay.
Job Traits are always active.
Further Notes:
Occasionally causes a ranged attack to fire instantly.

Happy now?

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Rapid_Shot

(Even though wiki has a lack luster rating in the being correct all the time department it's still there, also I'm pretty sure any RNG that has fired a rapid shot can tell you it happened "instantly.")

Also don't bring up your test and the "free phase" cuz it will happen regardless of a rapid proc or normal shot, and I'm not going to even attempt to accept your theory when you're timing something that's happening in a state where lag occurs. >.>;;

/facepalm

And wow RNG double weak is useless? Never knew that, especially not after dying right after I RR'd in Odin chamber, and a Helly +1 Tarutaru wanted to have a confession with the big man on the horse.

L2R: Sarcasm

Well, you have all the right to be ignorant for whatever information given to you. I'm not trying to be a knowledge savior by saying "oh, you must believe this"

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, ignorance is bliss? Amirite?

Didn't I state:

use it when you need too, but you don't need make a habit of it, and you don't need to alter your normal TP set for it....

Also:

Yoda says: Situational is situational, -Enmity is.

Siren.Seiri said: »
You really need to get yourself out of abyssea, because the abyssean age of not 'if your not taking hate, your leeching' is coming to an end in the new - and likely all upcoming - endgame. In any situation with the mid to upper tiers of voidwatch, or even some harder aby NMs for christ sake, if a back-liner takes hate, they will often cause the mages to take an AoE with them, potentially causing a wipe

Pretty sure you're arguing a moot point, even coronach RNG's pull hate, and with mobs that have hate reset's your -Enmity means nothing. Also abyssea is such a lolShow that everyone pulls hate except the tanks, and more often than not the Cala DRK, Ukkon WAR, or even the THF with their constant DOT hits will hold hate when everyone has capped enmity anyways, the mob ends up cycling through to the person that hit them last, try tanking on a cookie cutter Kannagi NIN and see where I'm coming from, so that's a lol matter in its self, and outside any halfway decent PLD with an Almace can hold hate till the previously mentioned hate reset

Also let it be known that I don't party in abyssea >.>;; Maybe during an ls event where were building a weapon I've been know to sit there and collect KI's on a useless job sure, but no, just no.

Furthermore, any "endgame content" that can be killed in 5 minutes with no deaths in a shout group, with full blue/red stagger %'s, "oHai Uptala, thanks for your Ace's mail," is hardly what I call "end game."

Abysea NM's are hard? Where? What mobs are you fighting, I find most of them to be more of a joke than low manning the good ole Sky gods. Maybe Khim in Ule if you don't have a stun rotation, or KB in La'Thien cause he's just annoying, but if you honestly have a problem fighting something in Abyssea just quit.

Lastly, show me a RNG that stands next too the mages, and I'll show you the absolute dumbest person I've ever met. There's this idea, it's called triangulation, where all of the sides are equidistant, which is amazing when you can put yourself at an equal distant from the mob, as your healers are from you, allowing you to be on your own "little" island. Away from endangering the important peoples......

After all of this though I'm done, seriously, it's ridiculous to think that this all came about because all I said was wear novia and scout's > RNG AF2 feet and a volley earring, cuz yeah the latter is such a better "option," guess what, Novio and Scout's WOULD BE MORE -ENMITY!!!!!!! All I said was he isn't utilizing his slot's to the fullest potential!

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

And sorry, but making a cookie cutter one set fits all TP WS or w/e set its redonkulous, and you should have just given up a long time ago cause your argument is invalid on that premise alone. Sorry but it's true, situational is situational, and that's all your -Enmity set, is, is, is.
 Siren.Seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2011-10-26 07:08:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I was specifically responding to this:

Seiri said:
Also, this 100% extra damage will be dealt over a greater period of time, allowing for more VE decay, directly allowing for more and more damage to be dealt.

Sorry that wasn't clear, should have quoted.

I wasn't talking about full decay, just fractional decay while your waiting between shots, etc.
 Siren.Seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2011-10-26 07:39:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Abysea NM's are hard? Where? What mobs are you fighting, I find most of them to be more of a joke than low manning the good ole Sky gods. Maybe Khim in Ule if you don't have a stun rotation, or KB in La'Thien cause he's just annoying, but if you honestly have a problem fighting something in Abyssea just quit.

-.- La Theine KB is hard? Or annoying? Since when? The only hard NM in aby was rani at 90 cap.

Pretty sure you're arguing a moot point, even coronach RNG's pull hate, and with mobs that have hate reset's your -Enmity means nothing. Also abyssea is such a lolShow that everyone pulls hate except the tanks, and more often than not the Cala DRK, Ukkon WAR, or even the THF with their constant DOT hits will hold hate when everyone has capped enmity anyways, the mob ends up cycling through to the person that hit them last, try tanking on a cookie cutter Kannagi NIN and see where I'm coming from, so that's a lol matter in its self, and outside any halfway decent PLD with an Almace can hold hate till the previously mentioned hate reset

You just backed up my point about DD in aby here, although a cala drk holding ground with an ukon war inside aby? Dear sir, please hang your war.
 Leviathan.Alkalinejoe
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Alkalinejoe 2011-10-26 15:57:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wondering since I've forgotten all about it, but how does Rancor fare against light gorget?
 Siren.Seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2011-10-26 16:24:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Alkalinejoe said: »
Just wondering since I've forgotten all about it, but how does Rancor fare against light gorget?

#1 outside aby, can be #1 inside depending on your crit rate.
 Carbuncle.Pwnzone
Server: Carbuncle
user: Pwnzone
By Carbuncle.Pwnzone 2011-11-09 06:56:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, what most of you ppl fail to mention (which isnt really your fault because you dont own a Gandiva and youre speaking w/o experience with this weapon) is that when you have 300% TP aftermath like in VW, TPing becomes just as dangerous as WS phase. I hit 1-2k crits easily outside abys while TPing, so -enmity is very important at times. I carry a TP/WS/-enmity/ and -PDT set for RNG simply because most of the time when manipulating -enmity correctly, when i get hate the mob hits me twice then runs back to the tank(If its Almace PLD, dont try this with any NIN). When using a Gandiva, WS doesnt always have to be your method of choice for DD, unless youre too lazy to handle the job. Now if youre using "Hobo's Raidiance", you can probably try to do as much DD as possible because it wont compare to the real thing.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-12-01 15:14:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Pwnzone said: »
(which isnt really your fault because you dont own a Gandiva and youre speaking w/o experience with this weapon)
DON'T HAVE IT, CAN'T MATH IT

If anything your point only shows how quickly you'll cap hate regardless with Gandiva... -50 enmity isn't going to stop a 1k hit from recapping your VE after a previous shot.

Anyway...

Recent testing demonstrated that Jishnu's has an unusual property, previously unique to certain BLU magic: the fTP (and thus gorget/belt properties) is applied to all hits instead of just the first. Does that change your answer? If not, would the potential existence of a critrate bonus higher than 15%?
[+]
By Greever 2011-12-03 10:34:11
Link | Quote | Reply

(which isnt really your fault because you dont own a Gandiva and youre speaking w/o experience with this weapon)
DON'T HAVE IT, CAN'T MATH IT

If anything your point only shows how quickly you'll cap hate regardless with Gandiva... -50 enmity isn't going to stop a 1k hit from recapping your VE after a previous shot.

Anyway...

Recent testing demonstrated that Jishnu's has an unusual property, previously unique to certain BLU magic: the fTP (and thus gorget/belt properties) is applied to all hits instead of just the first. Does that change your answer? If not, would the potential existence of a critrate bonus higher than 15%?

So which gorget/belt would work with jishnu's? i was using light/breeze until i read somewhere that light dosent work for jishnu's (idr where) and switched to rancor collar.
 Carbuncle.Pwnzone
Server: Carbuncle
user: Pwnzone
By Carbuncle.Pwnzone 2011-12-13 06:54:01
Link | Quote | Reply

DON'T HAVE IT, CAN'T MATH IT If anything your point only shows how quickly you'll cap hate regardless with Gandiva... -50 enmity isn't going to stop a 1k hit from recapping your VE after a previous shot. Anyway...

With a WS that doesnt help manipulate hate like Yoichi, -enmity is always needed. Helps a lot with not hearing melee **** about how the mob comes running to me every 5 secs. Decoy shot says hi btw. A smart, resourceful RNG can manipulate hate throughout the fight but yes I thought it was obvious that its impossible to completely not get hate with Gandiva. If I didnt try though, Id be useless and eating dirt throughout the whole fight instead of only dying at the end.
By Greever 2011-12-29 12:17:42
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone know how Kacura Mittens +1 stack up vs af3+2 for jishnu's? Just got the feet to replace lithe thinking of getting the hands to replace af3+2
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Server: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-12-29 12:21:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Greever said: »
anyone know how Kacura Mittens +1 stack up vs af3+2 for jishnu's? Just got the feet to replace lithe thinking of getting the hands to replace af3+2

I doubt it would beat af3+2 outside. Inside I'm not sure, it's down to hachiryu kote and that, but what does it matter? When you you get to go RNG in abyssea ;;
 Ragnarok.Ninurta
user: DiSifer02
By Ragnarok.Ninurta 2011-12-29 12:50:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Athos's Boots and Gloves combo is going to be better due to the bonus (+1% per piece, hopefully will get Tabard tonight if Rex stops bein' stingy)

As for hands themselves, no, AF3 hands will be better outside; as for inside, it's Abyssea so..
By Greever 2011-12-29 13:30:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ninurta said: »
Athos's Boots and Gloves combo is going to be better due to the bonus (+1% per piece, hopefully will get Tabard tonight if Rex stops bein' stingy)

As for hands themselves, no, AF3 hands will be better outside; as for inside, it's Abyssea so..

yea it might take me a while to get those gloves/boots combo knowing my luck with drops lol

Edit: wouldent Kacura leggings+1/Athos gloves be better then then athos gloves/boots? it would basically be 4 dex vs 6 str since the leggings give +2% crit rate.
 Ragnarok.Ninurta
user: DiSifer02
By Ragnarok.Ninurta 2011-12-29 15:16:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, silly me for obsessing over the shiny's. Athos's Gloves and Kacura Leggings +1 are prob. the way to go. It'd be 17DEX 7STR 2%crit vs 13DEX 13STR 3% crit. I'm gonna get a pair and test them out during VW tonight and tomorrow, but safe to say the latter would be the best combo. Good catch.

edit: Looking like this as the best set as of now, hopefully after Rex tonight I'll have the Tabard so this is accurate.

[+]
 Asura.Vrytreya
By Asura.Vrytreya 2011-12-29 21:46:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless the Athos's crit hit rate boost is significant by just wearing a pair, I don't see how Loki's kaftan is behind. Loki's still have ratk+7 and in addition STP+7
By Greever 2011-12-30 09:22:30
Link | Quote | Reply

or the sylvan +2 body for that matter.
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 21 22 23