Spending to much time in abyssea
First Page 2
 Titan.Cripnicc
Server: Titan
Game: FFXI
user: Cripnicc
By Titan.Cripnicc 2011-01-02 08:21:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Just like every 1 else i have been spending to much time in abyssea. I know this because i cant judge how tough mobs are outside of abyssea any more ><. Inside abyssea im bad *** lvl 90 atma's, stat boosts, temp items. Outside abyssea i think im that same bad *** stoll'n around the "Past", Farming in old high lvl areas aggroing ery thing and the next thing u know im dead and i say WTF then i relize we're not in kansas(abyssea) any more.

Does any 1 else have this same problem?
[+]
 Asura.Ina
Server: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2011-01-02 08:29:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I had this killing demons in uleguerand for a magian trial... was like psh theres only 3 of them... 2 -gas later i was glad i used that RR scroll
[+]
By Mystogan 2011-01-02 08:36:41
Link | Quote | Reply

It didn't happen to me "yet" but good that you bring this up it'will probably happen to me sooner or later for now i'll just beware...
 Cerberus.Savannah
Server: Cerberus
user: Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2011-01-02 08:40:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm locked on whm...and in Abyssea i'm used to refresh atma's and extra mp boost ect ect.....I get so sad when doing something outside Abyssea and I just cast cures all over the place...then i'm like sh*t...i need to rest mp ; ;
[+]
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Server: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-01-02 09:12:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel naked outside of Abyssea. Idk how I lived like it before, but now outside with no atmas is just HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-02 09:16:25
Link | Quote | Reply

You know you've spent too much time in abyssea when you start to feel like killing nms without a brew makes you feel gimp
[+]
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Server: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-01-02 09:21:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
You know you've spent too much time in abyssea when you start to feel like killing nms without a brew makes you feel gimp

I hereby name this the Diablo II effect! You start a new character, go through act 1 ok it's fun, get to act 2, sweet I get pally aura now, get that goddamn staff again, get to act 3, then *** this ***and khalims forsaken flail, there's nothing in act 3 besides mephisto anyway(you at least have trav, arcane sacntuary, tombs runs etc before) then before you know it you've imputed khalims flail and while you're at it given yourself all the good unique items with that small charm with a bajillion mana recharge because you can't stand sitting there or *** around with potions.

Then the game is boring, you quit for a year, then come back and repeat the whole process.
 Sylph.Liltrouble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-01-02 10:17:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I love Abyssea but don't spend a whole lot of time in there at all anymore. Short on time/stones and everything capped, including merits. I don't get too pumped up about being 'god-like' in Abby with all of my atmas because no matter where you are, what you have, there's always somthing that can kill you. I like farming, going to Quulun dome and soloing the chamber on thf, possibly getting ahold of the Adamking himself. Or, going to sky and Soloing Ulli, Zip, or Despot on Blm. Going to sea and popping X'drk and soloing him. There're tons of stuff to do outside of Abby. Alot of people that didn't have Sky/sea access before, still don't though, just for different reasons. Before, they claim they couldn't get help. Now they claim they spend too much time in Abby. Fact is, they're just too fkn lazy, lol, which is the real reason they never had before.
[+]
By Rustytiger 2011-01-02 10:45:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's the thing, at least in my eyes on this matter:

Abyssea is a two way streak; while it offers many opportunities to do things and explore new areas and new challenges it has also made the majority of players lazy and complacent. It is hard to get help because of it, nevermind the fact that nobody wants to level outside of it anymore and sometimes harder to get help. To add the icing to this cake, I feel that even though, yes, you can progress through levels much faster in Abyssea which is great but your skill suffers. A bad trade-off whereas when we leveled the "old fashioned way" it wasn't too bad. Of course, going out to skill up fixes that issue and you can accomplish multiplet things at once while doing this such as farming, FoV's, learning how to solo, you name it.

So while there are downsides there are also upsides to this. I for one do miss the old days, partying with groups in various areas but I can't change things back to the way they were, I just simply have to adjust, simple as that.

Abyssea has reshaped everything, as you all well know. For good or for ill, who knows. I myself am trying to wrap this around, figuring out what I want to do next. I feel your pain OP.
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2011-01-02 11:40:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice KR OOO pic!

oh oh oh to stay on topic.
abyssea sucks for killing the rest of ig content :(
 Ragnarok.Corres
Server: Ragnarok
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2011-01-04 04:25:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Savannah said:
I'm locked on whm...and in Abyssea i'm used to refresh atma's and extra mp boost ect ect.....I get so sad when doing something outside Abyssea and I just cast cures all over the place...then i'm like sh*t...i need to rest mp ; ;
i feel your pain... happens to me in dynamis. running around nuking and minding my own business and then: where#d all my mp go?

abyssea i curse you, especially MM-atma.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Topdogg
Server: Gilgamesh
user: opti09
By Gilgamesh.Topdogg 2011-01-04 04:55:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Tried proc'ing red on Byakko earlier.. same with Ulli :/
[+]
 Titan.Cripnicc
Server: Titan
user: Cripnicc
By Titan.Cripnicc 2011-01-23 10:27:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Abyssea has made me so lazy that now i dont want to lvl certain jobs like SMN (u have to do the quest for the avatars, BLU (u have to go out and learn the spells), PUP (u have to get the automaton's), or any other job u have to do quest for to function well at that job. And i ask the question should i just pass up AF all together since i'll be 90 in like a week? now that being said I am a lazy *** but i limit my self to only 3 jobs atm cause i will not lvl another till my skills are capped and all 3 are fully merited with Good gear to match. There is no sense in having a ton of 90's that are all mediocre i like to be one of the best at my jobs even tho im no Tigerwoods ^^ (jealous of gear).
[+]
 Ifrit.Bloodbathboy
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Bloodbathboy 2011-01-23 10:38:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I will need Abby after taking two months off. Lots of ground to cover.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Hanbok
user: hanbok
By Gilgamesh.Hanbok 2011-01-23 11:04:02
Link | Quote | Reply

hrm, this does bring up a good point, 9 zones of ***, with all these /assist items. They're likely going to have to do something to make it balanced. Like iunno making the past relevant again, sure nocturn is awesome but i don't see people rushing to take over the area's again lol. +3 items can only be obtained from somewhere outside abyssea or whatever, doesn't matter, just something.

/waggles finger all around "UR ALL SPOILED!!! i was solo'ing blm in the past last night and i loved it D:<!!!"
[+]
 Ifrit.Bloodbathboy
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Bloodbathboy 2011-01-23 11:08:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Abby did spoil us, lol.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Soube
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Soube
By Quetzalcoatl.Soube 2011-01-23 11:15:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Hanbok said:
+3 items can only be obtained from somewhere outside abyssea or whatever

*waits to hear the sound of Vanadiel exploding from the brokenness that would be +3 Empyrean gear*
 Sylph.Liltrouble
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-01-23 11:23:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I knew last night I was spending too much time in Abby when, in Dyna, I went to med to see how time was remaining, instead of looking at the hourglass...
[+]
 Odin.Ladyrikku
Server: Odin
user: LadyRikku
By Odin.Ladyrikku 2011-01-23 11:34:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I was in Vunkerl-S and Grauberg-S the other day getting my WOTG CS, and thinking "WHERE THE HELL are the Veridical Conflux !!!!!"

I keep resting every now and then outside of town just to see how much "time" I have left.

I keep thinking we need more melee kills cause I don't see chest poping and yet these people in my PT keeps killing them with WSs. (Outside Abyssea).

Why am I running out of MP????????

Asura.Tamoa
Server: Asura
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2011-01-23 12:06:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Trying to save up some stones and decided to continue on my staff trial in Kuftal. After about 10 kills I wanted to scream, I kept having to rest mp and I don't even have a hMP set anymore. :(
 Sylph.Siccmade
By Sylph.Siccmade 2011-01-23 13:07:03
Link | Quote | Reply

As has been said a few times, I've been *** most when it comes to MP usage.
Not Refreshing myself on BLM, not using Sublimation on WHM, forgetting to Ballad myself on BRD
and nuking with Light Arts on RDM. (so much grellow proc I forgot to care)
Just some things I've noticed the few times I've been on lately and not in Aby.
 Ramuh.Laffter
Server: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2011-01-23 13:08:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I only make jokes about Ruby light outside abyssea.

I think I'm doing it right.
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-01-23 15:23:29
Link | Quote | Reply

to =/= too
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-23 15:24:37
Link | Quote | Reply

does it = two?
 Fenrir.Snick
Server: Fenrir
user: Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2011-01-23 15:30:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Cripnicc said:
Just like every 1 else i have been spending to much time in abyssea. I know this because i cant judge how tough mobs are outside of abyssea any more ><. Inside abyssea im bad *** lvl 90 atma's, stat boosts, temp items. Outside abyssea i think im that same bad *** stoll'n around the "Past", Farming in old high lvl areas aggroing ery thing and the next thing u know im dead and i say WTF then i relize we're not in kansas(abyssea) any more.

Does any 1 else have this same problem?
No I don't have this problem because I don't do anything outside Abyssea. Why would you ever need to?
 Gilgamesh.Hanbok
user: hanbok
By Gilgamesh.Hanbok 2011-01-23 19:05:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Soube said:
Gilgamesh.Hanbok said:
+3 items can only be obtained from somewhere outside abyssea or whatever

*waits to hear the sound of Vanadiel exploding from the brokenness that would be +3 Empyrean gear*

i dunno, think maybe +3 gear acquired from different items scattered over different events, past shadowlord drops up to x5 the items you need , nyzul isle , salvage , sky , assault , this would make those other area's usefull again also getting the people out of abyssea
(lol getting people back from the "other dimension" where atma's and enhancements make you teh ubers)
 Odin.Liela
Server: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2011-01-23 19:20:32
Link | Quote | Reply

A few weeks after Abyssea came out I decided to go kill slimes on blm for magian staff. I killed two, stood around waiting for repop, threw off a nuke on the 3rd and then it was all "... ?? why am I out of mp already...?" D'oh! I had enough to sleep it and rest, but gosh. I'm just not used to running out of mp that often, and definitely not that soon. Good times though, honestly. ^^
 Bismarck.Kyaaadaa
user: Kyaaadaa
By Bismarck.Kyaaadaa 2011-01-23 19:22:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Cripnicc said:
aggroing ery thing and the next thing u know im dead and i say WTF
I actually had the opposite problem with my BLU farming spells I had been remiss in getting previously. I had leveled my BLU to 66 pre-Abyssea, and from 66-90 post-Aby, farming my spells in the safety of parties in sea, the newly opened (non-level capped) Riverne and other various areas. I went to learn Warm-Up, Firespit, and Mind Blast and was completely appauled at the ease in which my BLU was carving them up. I completely stopped using sneak/invis and simply crushed everything that decided it wanted a taste of taru.
On the opposite note, and in keeping with the OP, I do miss having atma's outside Abyssea, and on my BLM I find myself doing my Teiwaz trials inside Abyssea due to the refresh from MM atma and the two nuke death from Atma of the Ultimate.
 Cerberus.Nutt
Server: Cerberus
user: zuriel
By Cerberus.Nutt 2011-01-23 19:27:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm going to have to work on an Abby set and a Non-Abby set. I guess I'll put that on my list of things to do...
First Page 2