Okey Dokey
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-12-31 18:51:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Gotterdammerung said:
You're complaining about "bandwagonfags", yet almost every word out of your mouth is saying this job is dead or that job is worthless.
Here's an idea. The bandwagonfags are your fault Zic. You facilitate it. You and people like you keep saying everything is worthless except for "insert job of the month here" and then have the audacity to be annoyed when it becomes an overpopulated job.

OP to answer your question. Just try it and decide for yourself. You're never gonna get a useful answer on these forums. Its filled with trolls and people who either haven't played the game in years or don't play at all.

I agree with the first half to a degree, but the 2nd half is absolutely wrong lol... Tiger actually inputted a lot of good info in the first sam/mnk thread and even some here... and I put in my 2 cents about it, which without realizing there even was a first thread...was echo'd in that one... lol
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-12-31 18:55:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Gotterdammerung said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:

Seriously though, even though I hate all but 1 of the following jobs, MNK, NIN, WAR, or GTFO DD is pretty much how the game is right now. Of course, next patch some gimp will happen, or some buff will happen, and all the bandwagonfags will move onto their new flavor of the month.

You're complaining about "bandwagonfags", yet almost every word out of your mouth is saying this job is dead or that job is worthless.
Here's an idea. The bandwagonfags are your fault Zic. You facilitate it. You and people like you keep saying everything is worthless except for "insert job of the month here" and then have the audacity to be annoyed when it becomes an overpopulated job.

You're trying too hard to spark a conflict here, so let me educate you just a little bit.

Stating facts is not taking a side. MNK, WAR and NIN right now are extremely powerful, more powerful than Samurai can hope to be. If you can't see that, well, I'm glad to see the tax dollars I pay go partially into the disability program you likely draw income from, because of a profound degree of mental retardation.

I may have implied "Worthless" from a technical standpoint, but I've always subscribed to the thought of "Games are fun" and if you don't have fun on a bandwagon job like MNK, which I don't, don't play it. Considering I am 12 gems from the finished the 85Version of Caladbolg, saying that I facilitate, and endorse bandwagoning onto "The strongest" jobs is totally wrong.

You're right, I do become annoyed when a job gets overpopulated because of it's strength. 99% of the time, when a job draws a huge crowd because of it's power, it draws all the idiots who turn it into a steaming pile of ***in the eyes of the community (See: Blue Mage, Dark Knight, Scholar) without a sense of attachment and some pride for your job, you pave a road to mediocrity.

Tl;Dr- Check your facts.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-31 18:57:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Tl;Dr- Check your facts.

Should follow your own advice, mr +30 coutner rate.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-12-31 18:59:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Quote:
Tl;Dr- Check your facts.

Should follow your own advice, mr +30 coutner rate.

You should eat slower, you'll get indigestion.

Just out of curiosity though, how much Extra Counter+ does MNK get from the Atma's someone like you would use?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Caitsith.Linear
Server: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-12-31 19:01:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ni.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-31 19:01:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Can get 20 if use both coutner atma, but imo one of them isn't worth using since it doesn't offer up to DD standards.

So 10%
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-12-31 19:01:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Speaking of facts (prob wrong place to ask this but w/e lol), does anyone know if the Ichi, Ni, or San effect yellow !! each or is it only the first word (Katon, Hyoton, etc etc) of that elemental ninjutsu and any can be used?

It's only the "Ni" Spells.

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Can get 20 if use both coutner atma, but imo one of them isn't worth using since it doesn't offer up to DD standards.

So 10%

Post deleted by User.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-12-31 19:04:41
Link | Quote | Reply

San are GOOD DAMN IT... there is a thread on that with amazing numbers... and omg Ni scrolls have made me like 1.2M in the last 3 days lol FTW.... /derail off
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-12-31 19:05:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
San are GOOD DAMN IT... there is a thread on that with amazing numbers... and omg Ni scrolls have made me like 1.2M in the last 3 days lol FTW.... /derail off

Only reason I got :San (Raiton San to be exact) was to Blue number all my Ninja Merits. I don't think I've ever actually cast the spell.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-12-31 19:26:10
Link | Quote | Reply

i have a (near complete) full jutsu set..***is nice
 Quetzalcoatl.Dova
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: dova
By Quetzalcoatl.Dova 2010-12-31 19:26:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Sam is dead yo.

At this point in the game, I'd sooner get on my pup than my sam

Tell that to all the goddamn Perle 5/5 SAM's at Carabosse every time I try to pop that ho.

Seriously though, even though I hate all but 1 of the following jobs, MNK, NIN, WAR, or GTFO DD is pretty much how the game is right now. Of course, next patch some gimp will happen, or some buff will happen, and all the bandwagonfags will move onto their new flavor of the month.

Why does DNC never get any <3??!! ; ;
amidoingitwrong?
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-12-31 19:44:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Dova said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Sam is dead yo.

At this point in the game, I'd sooner get on my pup than my sam

Tell that to all the goddamn Perle 5/5 SAM's at Carabosse every time I try to pop that ho.

Why does DNC never get any <3??!! ; ;
amidoingitwrong?

I really don't know a lot about DNC, it's one of the jobs that I never seem to work with very often.
 Odin.Sinharvest
By Odin.Sinharvest 2010-12-31 20:40:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Sometimes you just gotta go with the flow, don't worry sam, I'll dust you off after abyssea.

[+]
 Luz
By Luz 2010-12-31 20:45:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
lol Tiger and Zic, with SB Atma sam should fair decently with WS dmg..

when I get trip procs at 100TP (I have TP Bonus+100 Keitonotachi+2 atm) without SB atma (do need) I can hit 3k+ WS, which is not much compared to 4k Smites, but still...its not BAD lol

on a side note, the minute I got RR atma my pup's dmg skyrocketed on pummels...***is so boss lol pup is a crazy DD /war these days in aby zones
What is your average Y/G/K with that GK btw? What atmas do you use and do you have your furtherances? I'm kind of interested now because now that WAR is bandwagon I have no interest in it.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Server: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-12-31 20:47:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Outside abyssea, Fudo SAM completely destroys MNK, Revenant Fists +2 or Verethragna.
 Luz
By Luz 2010-12-31 20:50:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Outside Abyssea smart crit jobs had to make sure their ws sets didn't gimp their DEX to see strong returns. Inside Abyssea you slap crit atmas on a crit job and you have mindless mod-stacking DDs that do better, broken damage.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-12-31 20:53:26
Link | Quote | Reply

well unfortunately the only time my old LS did an EE run i died at 2% to an unstunned death-breath so i dont use VV for 1 of my 3 atma, as much as i'd love to .......

as far as average WS? ***idk..i've been too focused on NM soloing on nin/dnc lately

but to answer your atma question..i work with what i got (i have a lot of good atma..mostly mage stuff though as the 3 i want are melee atma lol).. so I use Stout Arm + A & O + RR... I want atma of the smiting blow for 100 TP bonus ( atleast its superior so presumed 100 since minor is 20-40ish) and i want atma of the apocolypse, but I need a shinryu clear...up to the BC, can't find help
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-12-31 20:55:05
Link | Quote | Reply

how does one post a gear set? I have my character linked to that FFXI linkshell community beta thing, but idk how to post my sets in boxes like everybody else
 Luz
By Luz 2010-12-31 20:58:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
how does one post a gear set? I have my character linked to that FFXI linkshell community beta thing, but idk how to post my sets in boxes like everybody else
Code
[itemset]109547[/itemset]

Like that you mean?
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-12-31 20:59:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:

Unless there's an easier way, you make itemsets in your profile and link them with the [ itemset ] tags.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-31 20:59:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fredjan said:
Outside abyssea, Fudo SAM completely destroys MNK, Revenant Fists +2 or Verethragna.
Wins? sure. completely destroys? you're outta your *** mind, lol.

now if you want completely destroys, then war would do that to both mnk and sam

Odin.Sinharvest said:
Sometimes you just gotta go with the flow, don't worry sam, I'll dust you off after abyssea.

Grats, long road for me, I'm planning to dual box all my chloris coming up soon.
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-12-31 21:02:12
Link | Quote | Reply

ok i'll try that then, and build my tp and WS sets to show you lulz...this might take awhile lol
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-12-31 21:32:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fredjan said:

What is this.... outside you speak of?
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-12-31 22:36:38
Link | Quote | Reply

ok i was *** around doing other ***...farming and etc sorry... i dont see an option on the ffxi linkshell community page to actually make up item sets >_< anybody can help rq, that would be much appreciated
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-12-31 22:45:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Serj said:
Phoenix.Fredjan said:

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Bahamut.Serj said:
Phoenix.Fredjan said:

Better yet who the *** pts out of abyssea?

About the only thing "Outside" of abyssea that has relevance, is Walk of Echoes. It is kind of sad. Fingers Crossed for Feb-March update.