Forum » FFXI » Servers » Leviathan » WotG Mission Static
WotG Mission Static
 Leviathan.Bassclef
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Bassclef
By Leviathan.Bassclef 2010-12-31 01:54:32
Link | Quote | Reply

My linkshell had a static earlier this year, but due to lack of interest, real life, etc. people have left and the people remaining (myself included) want to fill those spots and get this expansion completed.

Now, here's the detailed situation where we, the remaining members, are: The group originally got as far as "The Long March North" on the Windurst branch while I personally soloed as much as I could for the Bastok branch. Turns out, they were unable to beat "The Long March North" and eventually switched to Bastok since it was originally voted second to complete (and I was further ahead of them on Bastok since I managed to join shouts). If memory serves, the static fell apart at "Betrayal at Beaucedine".

Currently, myself and the dedicated tank are the only ones left. Our BST member isn't online enough to get a hold of, so we're unsure of his schedule. If anyone is interested in joining or just want to help, just about any job is welcome since I'm stuck on healer and lolSAM. The dedicated tank can be on either PLD or NIN.

EDIT: It's preferred to be already on the Bastok nation quests (or have beat them) for the expansion so that everyone can do them together.
 Leviathan.Tohihroyu
By Leviathan.Tohihroyu 2010-12-31 02:21:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I would not mind joining, been looking for ppl to help me with What Price Loyalty for AGES ; ;. I have one other who would also join, I have Cuddle allied in Windurst though I somewhat started him in Bastok (mainly for getting the free enmity- hMP/hHP piece). so I'm stuck on Fate in Haze.
 Leviathan.Bassclef
By Leviathan.Bassclef 2010-12-31 02:48:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't expect to get a response so quickly! XD Anyway, this is good news! I'm also going to try to get my Windurst aligned friend from our LS to join Bastok (I'm not sure I'll be able to convince her since she loves Windurst), sadly, I'd have to get her all caught up as well.

Oh, before I forget, since a new semester is starting, there's the whole mess of figuring out a compatible schedule. So, if it isn't too much trouble please let me know what times you'll be available. ^^;
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-12-31 02:54:49
Link | Quote | Reply

You can be from any nation and still do all the missions aside from the very first one.
 Leviathan.Bassclef
By Leviathan.Bassclef 2010-12-31 02:57:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
You can be from any nation and still do all the missions aside from the very first one.

Yeah, but it's the Nation Quests that can be a ***.
 Asura.Ina
Server: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2010-12-31 02:58:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:

I dont normally post like this but after what 2 years? How do people still not know this >.>
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-12-31 02:59:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Bassclef said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:

You can do any nations quests regardless of where you started at... You really aren't affiliated with any of the nations, can do any of the nation storylines. I already have bastok sandy and windy completed.
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2010-12-31 03:02:55
Link | Quote | Reply

you just skip past the first quest which really is signing up for a nation not really part of the story quest line, just pretend it doesnt exist and go straight to quest #2 if you are looking at the wiki chart
 Leviathan.Bassclef
By Leviathan.Bassclef 2010-12-31 03:05:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Leviathan.Bassclef said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:

You can do any nations quests regardless of where you started at... You really aren't affiliated with any of the nations, can do any of the nation storylines. I already have bastok sandy and windy completed.

Weird, if I recall correctly, no one from the group who went as far as "The Long March North" for Windurst, could not do "Fire in the Hole" immediately when they switched. Unless, your statement already has the implication that they're already caught up for all nations... if this is what you meant, I'm sorry.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-12-31 03:09:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Just look at wiki and your quest log. Each nation has a branch of quests until the final quest of that nation. You have to start at the beginning for each one and work way up to final, you can't skip over because they aren't in the same quest line.
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2010-12-31 03:14:03
Link | Quote | Reply

yeh would deffinetly have ment that they were either @ or past fire in the hole.
 Leviathan.Bassclef
By Leviathan.Bassclef 2010-12-31 03:14:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Just look at wiki and your quest log. Each nation has a branch of quests until the final quest of that nation. You have to start at the beginning for each one and work way up to final, you can't skip over because they aren't in the same quest line.

I know that, it's just the way you and Ina phrased things made me do a double-check at wiki. >.>

What the problem was that I wanted to do the Bastok quests, but no one on the server did them (anybody who was anybody (is that how that phrase goes?) did San d'Oria) by the time I started.
 Leviathan.Tohihroyu
By Leviathan.Tohihroyu 2010-12-31 03:17:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm on mostly during the night EST (6pm-4am) sometimes afternoon (12pm-5pm)

I'll try to give an example of what dray is saying, with what I'm doing with Cuddleslave. (Tohi is purely Bastok only so...)
He is allied in Windurst & Currently on A Manifest Problem Which needs Cait Sith flagged. I decided to start Bastok since I'm allied in Windurst. The first quest was Better Part of Valor, finished Fires of Discontent but stopped at Light in the Darkness due to being too low a level to solo, without being on Cait Sith I couldn't go to that point. If I wanted to start San d Oria's quests I would have to start on Gifts of the Griffon.

Golly I think my post is more confusing LOL.
 Leviathan.Bassclef
By Leviathan.Bassclef 2010-12-31 03:20:31
Link | Quote | Reply

What I probably should have put in the OP was, "It's preferred to be Bastok so that everyone can do the Bastok Nation quests together."
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2010-12-31 03:22:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Bassclef said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
I know that, it's just the way you and Ina phrased things made me do a double-check at wiki. >.> What the problem was that I wanted to do the Bastok quests, but no one on the server did them (anybody who was anybody (is that how that phrase goes?) did San d'Oria) by the time I started.

I feel you on that everybody doing sandy thing.... whats really sad is alot of people on my server actually thought (and some probably still do) that the main quest line was actually the sandy quest line... Sorry for kinda derailing your thread btw
 Leviathan.Tohihroyu
By Leviathan.Tohihroyu 2010-12-31 03:24:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Fixed my posts. x.x

Had something posted here but deleted cause its off topic lol.
 Leviathan.Bassclef
By Leviathan.Bassclef 2010-12-31 03:34:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Tohihroyu said:
Fixed my posts. x.x

Had something posted here but deleted cause its off topic lol.

Aww, I was going to quote what you originally put there! Anyhow, before Imagine was split into two (whoever stayed and those who went to BoatsAndHoes) was about 75% San d'Orian.

Back on topic, I added the little edit to my original post to make the intent more clear. ^^;
 Leviathan.Tohihroyu
By Leviathan.Tohihroyu 2010-12-31 03:44:25
Link | Quote | Reply

When I'm at home I might record some of the missions/quests & upload them to YouTube. (like if I am at home when What Price Loyalty gets started)
Mostly for fun, I will credit everyone who helped/took part.

Just saying so you are made aware, I will announce (or ask if need be) when I will record fights/bcnm.
 Leviathan.Bassclef
By Leviathan.Bassclef 2010-12-31 03:49:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Tohihroyu said:
When I'm at home I might record some of the missions/quests & upload them to YouTube. (like if I am at home when What Price Loyalty gets started)
Mostly for fun, I will credit everyone who helped/took part.

Just saying so you are made aware, I will announce (or ask if need be) when I will record fights/bcnm.

That brings up something, our go-to SCH in the group went AWOL. He recorded things, too. Unfortuntely, his HDD and PSU went ka-blewy and we haven't heard from him since. >.> It'd be nice to have a record ^^ especially now that our RDM had to stop playing due to real life (I wouldn't want her to miss out on the expansion's narrative). However, she lets me borrow her character whenever I want to 2box something mundane like leveling THF.
 Leviathan.Raborn
user: Raborn
By Leviathan.Raborn 2011-01-02 20:42:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd be very more than willing to join
however I'm uncertain as the times in which you'd go and I'm also on the base rank 1 mission. I'll be willing to solo what I can to catch up if I can have help on the parts that are unsoloable, up until I reach your point. and our times are agreeable.
 Leviathan.Loona
user: Loona
By Leviathan.Loona 2011-01-03 08:11:44
Link | Quote | Reply

The path I'm furthest in is also Bastok, though ideally I'd like to get them all done.

Main WotG line-wise I'm on A Nation on the Brink (actually the CS-only one before that, but essentially the same thing).
Bastok: Fire in the Hole (done, waiting on WotG mission)
Sandy: In a Haze of Glory
Windy: Knot Quite There (well, this one looks quite soloable, but I've been focusing on other mission lines and magian trials lately).

I play mostly night on a GMT schedule, so if someone needs the same quests/missions done let me know if you find me online.
 Leviathan.Tohihroyu
By Leviathan.Tohihroyu 2011-01-04 18:48:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice knowing there's more Levi Bastoker's around