users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Bard » Bard 80-90 gear advice
Bard 80-90 gear advice
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-28 14:53:47
Link | Quote | Reply

So I decided to start playing again and I'm completely lost with gear...

This is my debuff set:

I've got all the Instruments and a Terra's staff and Earth grip.

No idea where to go from there really.

This is my buff set:

Again, I've got all the instruments.

So really I don't know where to go from here, Back when 75 was cap I was working toward the Minstrels coat and AF+1, but now I really don't want to get stuff that's easily upgradable in Abyssea.

Thanks.
[+]
By BorealisV2 2010-12-28 14:55:14
Link | Quote | Reply

ur a faget
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-28 14:55:34
Link | Quote | Reply

ur a faget
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-28 14:56:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Why isn't anyone helping me D:
 Gilgamesh.Hatfield
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Hatfield
By Gilgamesh.Hatfield 2010-12-28 15:14:00
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have friends id recomend upgrading your AF hands to +1. Also the new AF3 legs are an easy upgrade too. March is cap'd now so you really only need so much skill, wanna say its 600. Also there's a nice new cape w/ chr+ macc you can easily get for free, mesmeric cape (sp). Id just hang w/ what you have and try for the aiodos (again, sp) set, there are a few nice things in that. Also get some friends to get the atma off CC as its hot sauce for brd
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-28 15:38:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Cheers mate, I'll get onto that.
 Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2010-12-28 16:00:26
Link | Quote | Reply

1) Take your current gear, get into an Abyssea party or 3, get to level 90.

2) Start working on +1/+2 all the AF3 & getting accessories.

3) ???

4) Profit.

Basically the only new worthwhile things since level 80 for Brd are the AF3 line. Some of the old things are still good for their purposes.
IE, Sha'ir Body, Brd AF2 Head, Oracle Feet, Nereid Ring, Skill Earrings etc.

btw, March cap is known to be 600, which you should be able to hit easily with merits etc, so no need to emphasize skill on your buffs as much. Can put in recast timers etc.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
Server: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-12-28 16:45:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Get a precast set, it'll help a lot. Loq. Earring, sha'ir, brd af3+1/2 hat, af3 accessories.

My choice of atma is usually Atma of the Deep Devourerer and Atma of Ambition, since I lack brd feet+1 and some pieces of fast cast gear, but after acquiring these, I might recommend something like minikin if you're taking on a serious support healing role in low man situations, or Atma of the Heavens for things that are troublesome to land your debuffs on it.

Gilgamesh.Hatfield said:
If you have friends id recomend upgrading your AF hands to +1. Also the new AF3 legs are an easy upgrade too. March is cap'd now so you really only need so much skill, wanna say its 600. Also there's a nice new cape w/ chr+ macc you can easily get for free, mesmeric cape (sp). Id just hang w/ what you have and try for the aiodos (again, sp) set, there are a few nice things in that. Also get some friends to get the atma off CC as its hot sauce for brd
Actually the af3+1 is the better choice, and the hands aren't terribly hard to get.