How Do We Brew?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Bard » How do we Brew?
How do we Brew?
First Page 2
 Hades.Warviper
Server: Hades
Game: FFXI
user: Warviper
By Hades.Warviper 2010-12-27 20:48:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone tried brewing on bard?

If so I was interested in what gear / weapon of choice and of cause what WS you did and was it Shinryu or some other thing you brew'ed?
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Server: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2010-12-27 20:50:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Mog house->Job Change->spinning moogle?

I can't imagine it would be worth using a brew on bard?
[+]
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Server: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-12-27 20:51:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd say Aeolian edge.
[+]
 Hades.Warviper
Server: Hades
user: Warviper
By Hades.Warviper 2010-12-27 20:54:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Hohenheim said:
Mog house->Job Change->spinning moogle?

I can't imagine it would be worth using a brew on bard?

Would be more of a Backup Situation seeing as im always coming bard to events :)

But yeah thats why im asking cause atm, im not feeling to comfy using a brew on bard either lol - but i guess there must be some way to do decent dmg, Aeolian edge might be a good idea yes.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-12-27 20:54:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fredjan said:
I'd say Aeolian edge.
Actually works pretty damn nice too I think
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-12-27 20:57:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Phoenix.Fredjan said:
I'd say Aeolian edge.
Actually works pretty damn nice too I think
With atma of the gales!
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Hatfield
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Hatfield
By Gilgamesh.Hatfield 2010-12-27 21:28:08
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, the thought has crossed my mind a lot actually. I decided to *** around w/ melee brd in abyssea and it was really fun as hell. I used RR/VV/Omega (havent had a chance to play much over break and get apoc atma) but i was kinda impressed w/ the dmg. QQs over the brd meleeing turn into QQs about the brd outparsing them xD Why go Aeolian over Evis. though? Havent used a brew but i havent got much over 1200 on a.edge. maybe im doin it wrong ^^
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Zeldageek
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: zeldageek
By Quetzalcoatl.Zeldageek 2010-12-27 21:29:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Hatfield said:
lol, the thought has crossed my mind a lot actually. I decided to *** around w/ melee brd in abyssea and it was really fun as hell. I used RR/VV/Omega (havent had a chance to play much over break and get apoc atma) but i was kinda impressed w/ the dmg. QQs over the brd meleeing turn into QQs about the brd outparsing them xD Why go Aeolian over Evis. though? Havent used a brew but i havent got much over 1200 on a.edge. maybe im doin it wrong ^^
With MAB atmas and wind dmg + atmas, the pure stat mods on aeolian will push it into the 10's of thousands, where evis will probably still cap at about 5-7k under brew.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-12-27 21:44:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Zeldageek said:
Gilgamesh.Hatfield said:
With MAB atmas and wind dmg + atmas, the pure stat mods on aeolian will push it into the 10's of thousands, where evis will probably still cap at about 5-7k under brew.
Maybe less. Even with capped stats and assuming you land 8 hits on it and they all crit and were high end of pdif so they are capping and you are capping +crit dmg you'd be lucky to break 10k... and that's also pretty much assuming shinryu isn't a higher lvl than you or not by much and that you have way more att than it's def and got lucky alot

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-12-27 21:53:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Honestly OP you'd probably have more fun brewing on a 30 job. Plus that's just way more comical and entertaining "Yeah I beat him, on whm30 spamming earth crusher lolhard game"
You might lose before you do enough dmg... also you'd probably take alot more since your resistance would be so much lower from being a lower lvl it would sorta counteract the +resistance you get from having capped int
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-12-27 22:07:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
I think it'd barely be a longer fight, I've nuked mobs 50+ lvls above me and sometimes unresisted nvm if I had int+999

where do you find mobs 50 levels above you? and how on earth do those nukes go unresisted? say what...?
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Server: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-12-27 22:14:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Honestly OP you'd probably have more fun brewing on a 30 job. Plus that's just way more comical and entertaining "Yeah I beat him, on whm30 spamming earth crusher lolhard game"
I need to find an Aeolian Edge SS.

Post deleted by User.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-12-27 22:22:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
I've been a blm nuking pet mobs 50+ lvls above me and there is no way with INT+999 a mob would be resisting you.

I was moreso asking for specific mob and your level at the time.. 50 levels above you would mean that some pets would be level 100 when you got access to freeze, or level 80 when you had access to only T2 nukes....

edit: and to my knowledge there are no level 100 or level 80 pets even in the game...let alone you killing them at 50 or 30 respectively..so please elaborate... unless i'm just oblivious to a giant troll attempt
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-12-28 00:28:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Brew is broken, we've been farming Shinryu with jobs that guarantee we proc blue every single time and taking turns to use the brew. Last night was our whm's turn, and he just spammed earth crusher. May not have been as fast as someone that can do 25k SC's, but with 50tp/tic regain it was still dead long before brew wore off.

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2010-12-28 00:39:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Obligatory Cool Story Brew...
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-12-28 01:09:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:

No I wasnt soloing mobs 50+ lvls on blm lol Im just refering to single nukes

yes but again, you said you were nuking pet mobs 50+ over your level.. so plz give examples lol... and how they could possibly go unresisted
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-12-28 02:12:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
No I wasnt soloing mobs 50+ lvls on blm lol Im just refering to single nukes
yes but again, you said you were nuking pet mobs 50+ over your level.. so plz give examples lol... and how they could possibly go unresisted
This. The highest pets in the game are about lvl 80... and I seriously doubt you are running around in castle zvahl keep S at lvl 30 trying to kill those elementals.

Also I wasn't referring you your resist rate though it wouldn't be that great either. I meant your ability to resist.
 Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2010-12-28 02:20:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Did 10k trueflight with best atmas. Aeolian Edge has less tp mod but more stat mods (trueflight is only agi) plus they're both affected by m.att. I'd say Aeolian Edge could easily do over 10k. You'd probably want to enter during blunt weakness so you could do staff and club on brd.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-12-28 02:28:10
Link | Quote | Reply

True flight gets better atma options (ie beyond) and lets you use staff.. so it should easily do more than Aeolian... but you know what wiki doesn't say exactly how it is calculated so I think I'll go do some work on it
 Jar
By Jar 2010-12-28 02:57:10
Link | Quote | Reply

/whm + This

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Spicer
Server: Ragnarok
user: spicer
By Ragnarok.Spicer 2010-12-28 03:35:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wondering besides the atmas what gear set ups are you guys using?
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-12-28 03:49:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I can still garuntee you had a 95% resist on those mobs Unless you were using elemental seal
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-12-28 04:14:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:

It was long ago and at the time I was lvling my blm mule, my camp was 19 in oldton and I zoned into newton and for shits nuked the lvl 64 bat pet there with my waterga while main char killed. But you're completely right this is only 45 lvl difference not my exaggerated 50. I wish my blm was still low so I could try it again and take pics

sorry thats a POIDH situation...there is no way that a T1-ga would go unresisted on a mob 45 levels higher than you
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-12-28 05:07:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Spicer said:
Just wondering besides the atmas what gear set ups are you guys using?

with literally everything being capped, Haste + Magic Attack Bonus depending on your job, just about everything else is completely moot.

I'm likely forgetting something and I'm sure I'll be corrected >.O;

also, I brew'd Shinryu on THF, my Highest Evisc was 10,500~, and my Aeolian Edge's averaged 14,000

Magic Weaponskills are the way to go, Even on DRG ***like Raiden Thrust will do 9k~10k Consistently.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Server: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-12-28 05:58:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:

It was long ago and at the time I was lvling my blm mule, my camp was 19 in oldton and I zoned into newton and for shits nuked the lvl 64 bat pet there with my waterga while main char killed. But you're completely right this is only 45 lvl difference not my exaggerated 50. I wish my blm was still low so I could try it again and take pics

sorry thats a POIDH situation...there is no way that a T1-ga would go unresisted on a mob 45 levels higher than you

as dasva said, 95% resist rate. nin/drks landing bind on kirin, etc.
First Page 2