Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Everything (else) you need to know about AF3
Everything (else) you need to know about AF3
 Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Kanjirou
By Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou 2010-12-26 05:16:58
Link | Quote | Reply

This is a continuation of my first AF3 post from a few months ago.

So, I know it's overdue (I blame FFXIV), but I figured it was better late than never. Even if you already know most of this stuff, it's probably convenient to have all the links organized into one place and sorted according to jobs.

The new update has brought a bunch more AF3 gear. The Body and Hands are here, but there are also a shlew of accessories. Oh, ya -- and there's a shield, as well as a harp. The base shield is called a Utilis Shield. You upgrade it in three stages, ultimately yielding the Ochain. To completely upgrade it, you'll need 50 Iron plates, 75 Colorless Souls, and 75 Azdaja's horns. The base harp is called a Pyf Harp. The first 2 upgrades are the same as the shield, with the last being 75 Apademak's horns, yielding the Daurdabla.

Base gear:

(1) The body is purchased from the Dominion Tactician for 1,500 Dominion Notes, earned from Dominion Ops (I think the key word here is...Dominion?) in each of the new Heroes of Abyssea areas. Dominion Ops is basically Field of Valor for Abyssea.

(2) The hands (and shield/harp) can be purchased for 25,000 cruor from the Cruor Prospector in each of the Heroes of Abyssea areas. (The shield and harp only cost 20,000.)

Just as before, the base gear of different jobs is grouped into sets which are broken down between regions:

Grauberg: BLU, COR, DRG, NIN, PUP, SAM, SCH, SMN, DNC
Uleguerand: BRD, BST, DRK, PLD, RNG
Altepa: BLM, MNK, RDM, THF, WAR, WHM

Upgrade Items:

And, just as before, the +1 and +2 upgrade items are seals and stones/coins/etc., which drop from various NMs and...ugh, yes, quests. (I think if I have to do another one of those quests, I'm going to blow my brains out.)

(1) Here's a list of sources for +1 upgrade items. You like lists, right?! Good! Each upgrade item seems to have 3 sources from NMs and 2 (3?) sources from quests. If this is true, the list is incomplete. I'll try and update as more information becomes available: please post confirmations in the meantime, if you can.

(Also, all Dominion Ops have the potential to randomly reward any job's seal, hand or body. So do those too, and stuff: it's a great way to get spare seals while EXPing.)

-- NMs --

BLU: Minaruja, Bugol Noz, Upas-Kamuy (hands); Ningishzida, Emperador de Altepa, Dhorme Khimaira (body)
COR: Lorelei, Tablilla, Chillwing Hwitt (hands); Bomblix Flamefinger, Amarok, Chione (body)
DRG: Ika-Roa, Vadleany, Veri Selen (hands); Teugghia, Shaula, Chione (body)
NIN: Lorelei, Sharabha, Audumbla (hands); Teugghia, Ironclad Smiter, Yaguarigyu (body)
PUP: Teekesselchen, Sharabha, Chillwing Hwitt (hands); Bomblix Flamefinger, Koios, Ironclad Triburator (body)
SAM: Minaruja, Chickcharney, Veri Selen (hands); Ningishzida, Ironclad Smiter, Chione (body)
SCH: Xilbalba, Vadleany, Koghatu (hands); Bomblix Flamefinger, Ironclad Smiter, Dhorme Khimaira (body)
SMN: Teekesselchen, Bugol Noz, Chillwing Hwitt (hands); Gamayun, Koios, Yaguarigyu (body)
DNC: Tablilla, Audumbla (hands); Ironclad Sunderer, Amarok, Ironclad Triburator (body)
BRD: Teekesselchen, Vadleany, Upas-Kamuy (hands); Gamayun, Emperador de Altepa, Blanga (body)
BST: Xilbalba, Bugol Noz, Chillwing Hwitt (hands); Ironclad Sunderer, Koios, Ironclad Triburator (body)
DRK: Minaruja, Sharabha, Veri Selen (hands); Teugghia, Ironclad Smiter, Dhorme Khimaira (body)
PLD: Lorelei, Chickcharney, Upas-Kamuy (hands); Ironclad Sunderer, Amarok, Blanga (body)
RNG: Xilbalba, Bugol Noz, Upas-Kamuy (hands); Ironclad Sunderer, Shaula, Blanga (body)
BLM: Teekesselchen, Sharabha, Koghatu (hands); Teugghia, Amarok, Chione (body)
MNK: Lorelei, Vadleany, Audumbla (hands); Gamayun, Emperador de Altepa, Ironclad Triburator (body)
RDM: Xilbalba, Chickcharney, Koghatu (hands); Bomblix Flamefinger, Emperador de Altepa, Yaguarigyu (body)
THF: Ika-Roa, Chickcharney, Audumbla (hands); Gamayun, Shaula, Blanga (body)
WAR: Ika-Roa, Veri Selen (hands); Ningishzida, Koios, Dhorme Khimaira (body)
WHM: Minaruja, Tablilla, Koghatu (hands); Ningishzida, Shaula, Yaguarigyu (body)

-- Quests -- (Note: Some quests require fame.)

BLU: Getting Lucky, Frozen Flame Redux (hands); Slacking Subordinates (body)
COR: The Secret Ingredient, Boreal Blossom (hands); Brygid the Stylist Strikes Back (body)
DRG: Help Not Wanted, Boreal Blossom (hands); The Egg Enthusiast (body)
NIN: Classrooms Without Borders, Boreal Blossom (hands); The Egg Enthusiast, Let There Be Light (body)
PUP: Help Not Wanted, Scouts Astray (hands); Brugaire's Ambition, Slacking Subordinates (body)
SAM: The Secret Ingredient, Getting Lucky (hands); The Egg Enthusiast, Proof of the Lion (body)
SCH: hands currently unknown; Let There Be Light (body)
SMN: Getting Lucky, Frozen Flame Redux, Boreal Blossom (hands); Her Father's Legacy, Let There Be Light (body)
DNC: Benevolence Lost, Help Not Wanted (hands); Her Father's Legacy (body)
BRD: Chocobo Panic, Slip Sliding Away (hands); Her Father's Legacy, Brygid the Stylist Strikes Back (body)
BST: Classrooms Without Borders (hands); Brygid the Stylist Strikes Back (body)
DRK: Chocobo Panic, Frozen Flame Redux (hands); Brygid the Stylist Strikes Back (body)
PLD: Classrooms Without Borders, Scouts Astray (hands); Her Father's Legacy, Proof of the Lion (body)
RNG: Scouts Astray (hands); Slacking Subordinates (body)
BLM: Frozen Flame Redux (hands); The Egg Enthusiast, Proof of the Lion (body)
MNK: The Secret Ingredient, Scouts Astray (hands); Her Father's Legacy, Let There Be Light (body)
RDM: Getting Lucky, Slip Sliding Away (hands); The Egg Enthusiast, Slacking Subordinates (body)
THF: Chocobo Panic (hands); Proof of the Lion (body)
WAR: Classrooms Without Borders, Boreal Blossom (hands); Slacking Subordinates (body)
WHM: Chocobo Panic, Help Not Wanted (hands); Brygid the Stylist Strikes Back (body)

You need 8 seals for the hands and 10 for the body.

(2) Here's another list, this time for +2 upgrade items! Hurray for lists!

(Hands)
Stone of Wieldance: WAR, RDM, THF, BST, SCH
Jewel of Wieldance: MNK, BLM, BRD, SAM, SMN
Coin of Wieldance: WHM, DRK, RNG, BLU, DNC
Card of Wieldance: PLD, NIN, DRG, COR, PUP

(Body)
Stone of Ardor: WAR, PLD, BRD, NIN, BLU
Jewel of Ardor: BLM, DNC, PUP, RDM, SAM
Coin of Ardor: THF, DRK, RNG, SMN, COR
Card of Ardor: BST, DRG, MNK, SCH, WHM

You need 6 of these for the hands and 9 for the body.

Accessories:

These are not upgradable, but honestly, some of them kick so much *** that they don't really need to be.

All the accessories drop from Abyssea NMs. Everyone gets an earring, (almost) everyone gets a neck, and then the last piece varies from job to job: the general rule is that you either get a belt, a back piece, or ammo -- except for THF, which gets a belt and ammo, but no neck.

Awesomely enough, all the lvl 84 accessories have a 100% (!) drop-rate. So when you've killed a NM for the 20th time trying to get that lvl 80 neck piece and you want to strangle the computer, get one of those instead and everything will feel better.

Some of the NMs drop more than one job's accessory, but this is rare. Here's how it breaks down:

Neck: BLU, COR, DRG, NIN, PUP, SAM, SCH, SMN, DNC, BRD, BST, DRK, PLD, RNG, BLM, MNK, RDM, WAR, WHM
Earring: BLU, COR, DRG, NIN, PUP, SAM, SCH, SMN, DNC, BRD, BST, DRK, PLD, RNG, BLM, MNK, RDM, THF, WAR, WHM
Back: COR, DRG, NIN, SAM, BST, RNG, BLM, RDM, WHM
Waist: PUP, SMN, BRD, DRK, PLD, THF
Ammo: BLU, SCH, DNC, MNK, THF, WAR

(If any of those links are broken, or you notice any mistakes, please let me know and I'll fix em.)

---------------------

And that's all she wrote, folks! Go get pimped out!
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou
By Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou 2010-12-27 11:59:38
Link | Quote | Reply

bump.

I hope this stuff isn't too late to be of any use to people.
By Kaup 2010-12-27 12:13:23
Link | Quote | Reply

The Egg Enthusiast drops BLM body not hands the wiki is incorrect.

It also drops RDM NIN SAM & DRG body. I still haven't received the 6th seal from it yet I'll let you know if I ever get it.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou
By Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou 2010-12-27 12:25:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome, thnx. Fixed.
 Cerberus.Leoxtribal
Server: Cerberus
user: Nixvalley
By Cerberus.Leoxtribal 2010-12-27 12:31:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bookmarked. ^^ Makes things a lot easier. Thanks.
 Fenrir.Curty
Server: Fenrir
user: Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2010-12-27 12:41:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bookmarked as well, thanks for this. Rate up~
 Caitsith.Unafae
Server: Caitsith
user: Unafae
By Caitsith.Unafae 2010-12-27 12:55:49