Bismarck.Zagen
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Zagen
By Bismarck.Zagen 2010-12-21 15:00:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
No, it doesn't.
I figured that was the case and I'm not willing to put the time into a 2-3 h2h when I could use that time to work on Victory Smite weapon.

I'm probably gonna try and join a group I see doing the NM if I'm lucky or see about getting my LS to kill it again when I'm around so I can have RR.

Thanks for the helpful info on being a bit less of a gimpMNK :D

Also one more question until RR/SS(/GH) is an option is VV/SS or VV/GH better? Or am I crazy to think that VV is really good for MNK when RR isn't an option?

Oh and sorry for semi high jacking the thread.

Edit: Looked up some of the melee math and it seems VV/other is not going to help as much SS/GH until I get RR.
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2010-12-24 04:19:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Keeping elemental belts out of the question for a moment.
Anguinus vs Warwolf?

Accuracy shouldn't really be an issue (altough it could come in handy if you're using heafoc, which isn't my case, still stuck on alky). Attack shouldn't really make a huge difference on Ascetic's Fury.
So basically it comes down to the Warwolf stats vs the additional DA on anguinus. Would such a small amount make a difference?
I'm leaning toward "no", but wanted to hear more opinions.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-24 06:16:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Anguinus when not capping attack, Warwolf when capping attack, as mathed by Montonen. If you were going for pure DA build, could use Twilight belt, but I doubt 1 DA would beat the 15 attack.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [76 days between previous and next post]
 Ragnarok.Corres
Server: Ragnarok
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2011-03-09 19:18:53
Link | Quote | Reply

just a question.

recently finally got this WS and wondered: is the dmg in this WS always this low? i am lucky if i hit a mob for over 1k. i only mean outside of abyssea.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-03-09 19:20:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Outside of abyssea, unless you double crit or crit and DA, the dmg is going to be generally that low.
 Ragnarok.Corres
Server: Ragnarok
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2011-03-09 19:21:12
Link | Quote | Reply

thanks.
 Bismarck.Torvak
user: TorvakUK
By Bismarck.Torvak 2011-03-19 12:22:35
Link | Quote | Reply

If you dont know whats best, go test.

btw anyone wanna climb nyzul from bismarck?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [137 days between previous and next post]
By Mcmurdles 2011-08-03 04:06:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey all, need some feedback on my current AFury set, using AoA, RR,GH. A few questions, for legs would byakkos with crit dmg 4% beat shura? Head Aias, Anwing(crit dmg2% ws dmg2%) or Genbus kabuto? Any help on set would be much appreciate p.s. No I dont have hachiryu or usu :(
 Bismarck.Aerison
user: Aerison
By Bismarck.Aerison 2011-08-03 04:12:09
Link | Quote | Reply

earring, no.
By Mcmurdles 2011-08-03 04:13:12
Link | Quote | Reply

which beats Kemas for WS ? any feedback on the entire set would be appreciated
 Bismarck.Aerison
By Bismarck.Aerison 2011-08-03 04:17:01
Link | Quote | Reply

an attack earring. Neck and waist I think would be better suited for ire torque +1 and bier belt +1/anguinus respectively. I'm also kinda iffy on the ring as well. Other than that set looks good.
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-08-03 04:17:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Mcmurdles said:
which beats Kemas for WS ? any feedback on the entire set would be appreciated

Vulcan's would, but just use Kemas. Anwig would win out of the 3 helms you asked about. Warwolf would be better than Flame Belt most likely. Looks pretty good.
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-08-03 04:18:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Aerison said:
an attack earring. Neck and waist I think would be better suited for ire torque +1 and bier belt +1/anguinus respectively. I'm also kinda iffy on the ring as well. Other than that set looks good.

It seems you aren't accounting for the 50 str/vit mod on Ascetic's.
 Bismarck.Aerison
By Bismarck.Aerison 2011-08-03 04:21:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Serj said:
Bismarck.Aerison said:

I know the mods, im just pretty sure you.ll have better returns with ire and anguinus, ring your probably right.
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-08-03 04:23:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Aerison said:
Bahamut.Serj said:
Bismarck.Aerison said:

I know the mods, im just pretty sure you.ll have better returns with ire and anguinus, ring your probably right.

Depends on buffs really. Your fstr is capped most likely inside abyssea (where you should be using ascetic's) so you'll benefit less from pure str rather than str/vit. I'd probably stick to the gorget just because the increase with Ire is so small. Anguinus probably won't be better unless you aren't using food/berserk/stalwarts, which you should be using at least 1 (food) all the time, and berserk most of the time.
 Asura.Kaisuko
user: Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2011-08-06 18:25:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Quick question, would Rancor Collar beat everything for neck equip?
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-08-06 18:33:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kaisuko said:
Rancor Collar shines the most on multi-hit crit hit weaponskills I believe, but seeing as how Ascetic's Fury is only 1 ftp, gorget might be better

Like on evisceration, in abyssea the chance of hitting all 5 hits as a critical hit with 85% crit hit rate (RR + GH) is 44.37%, but at 90% crit hit rate it becomes 59%. Needless to say it gains even more standing the more hits you do such as including offhand and triple attack/double attack. While on a single hit like ascetics, it only increases the chance by a straight up 5%, and since you're at a 85% crit hit rate already, 85% to 90% isn't that much of an increase
 Asura.Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2011-08-06 19:04:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Hm, well isn't it technically 2-hit; since you get the return of both hands? Not sure if that even matters though lol
Server: Odin
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2011-08-06 19:28:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Wolfshadow said:
Asura.Kaisuko said:
Rancor Collar shines the most on multi-hit crit hit weaponskills I believe, but seeing as how Ascetic's Fury is only 1 ftp, gorget might be better Like on evisceration, in abyssea the chance of hitting all 5 hits as a critical hit with 85% crit hit rate (RR + GH) is 44.37%, but at 90% crit hit rate it becomes 59%. Needless to say it gains even more standing the more hits you do such as including offhand and triple attack/double attack. While on a single hit like ascetics, it only increases the chance by a straight up 5%, and since you're at a 85% crit hit rate already, 85% to 90% isn't that much of an increase
Forgetting about impetus in all that. I wouldnt even use rancor with impetus up -and- GH. Then again I prefer SS over GH for mnk anyhow.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-08-06 19:33:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Hitoseijuro said:
Cerberus.Wolfshadow said:
Asura.Kaisuko said:
Rancor Collar shines the most on multi-hit crit hit weaponskills I believe, but seeing as how Ascetic's Fury is only 1 ftp, gorget might be better Like on evisceration, in abyssea the chance of hitting all 5 hits as a critical hit with 85% crit hit rate (RR + GH) is 44.37%, but at 90% crit hit rate it becomes 59%. Needless to say it gains even more standing the more hits you do such as including offhand and triple attack/double attack. While on a single hit like ascetics, it only increases the chance by a straight up 5%, and since you're at a 85% crit hit rate already, 85% to 90% isn't that much of an increase
Forgetting about impetus in all that. I wouldnt even use rancor with impetus up -and- GH. Then again I prefer SS over GH for mnk anyhow.
Yeah :|
By Entourage 2011-08-06 19:56:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd use Gorget over Rancor for Ascetic's Fury. What they're saying about multi-hit advantage for Rancor is very true. Additionally, am I correct in saying Gorgets/Belts get much worse with Multi-hits? (something about only applying to first hit)

Now I understand this is a Ascetic's Fury thread, so i may suggest you stop reading here. Are Revenant Fists +2 really that hard to get? If you're worrying this much about fine-tuning your WS set... you should get the correct WS.
 Asura.Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2011-08-06 20:02:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Entourage said:
I'd use Gorget over Rancor for Ascetic's Fury. What they're saying about multi-hit advantage for Rancor is very true. Additionally, am I correct in saying Gorgets/Belts get much worse with Multi-hits? (something about only applying to first hit)

Now I understand this is a Ascetic's Fury thread, so i may suggest you stop reading here. Are Revenant Fists +2 really that hard to get? If you're worrying this much about fine-tuning your WS set... you should get the correct WS.

Well, I honestly have only done WoE once; wasn't too fond of it so I haven't been back. Not to mention mnk is no where near a main job of mine. Just like to have most of my jobs up to par.

As for gorget getting worse with more hits, yes, that's true. The 0.1 fTp is only applied to the first hit, the 10(?) acc is applied to all hits though.