BST AF3+2 Set Bonus.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » BST AF3+2 set bonus.
BST AF3+2 set bonus.
 Bahamut.Sakurawr
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Sakurawr 2010-12-15 08:30:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Just did a small bit of testing with it last night, was lagging like hell so only managed some results.

I was using Raptor pet with S.Scythe, V.Violet and R. Ruins atma, which puts Raptor to about ~4.8k hp?
Anywho, it seems affected by pet max HP, damage didn't alter between raptor at full HP and raptor being injured.

It seems to be able to proc on WS but using Rampage I can't 100%, average Rampage was 1.4-1.6 with the odd 2-2.5k on Crabs (DC-T, was trio)

My axes aren't the same base damage, Gui +1 with a Gui nq, both pet: eva axes.
Can provide SSs of the gear I was using if needed/etc D:

Main = mainhand Off = offhand DA = Double attack, etc.
 Fenrir.Omgwtftaru
Server: Fenrir
user: kivyin
By Fenrir.Omgwtftaru 2010-12-15 10:31:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Perhaps the set bonus works like the DRK AF3+2 (attks occ. varies with HP). Here

Also, I don't really see any results from the data, the critical damage is pretty inconsistent and you have to keep in mind that the proc rate is pretty low.

For Rampage I average at around the same as you and randomly go to 2k+, but I don't WS in AF3+2 so there's probably another factor affecting it.

It's good data to start with, but it might be better to test the set bonus outside Abyssea and possibly use a weaker weapon and just one hand it.
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
Server: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-12-15 10:38:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Sakurawr said:
It seems to be able to proc on WS but using Rampage I can't 100%, average Rampage was 1.4-1.6 with the odd 2-2.5k on Crabs (DC-T, was trio)
That's about the same as I was getting with Hero and Alpha and Omega atmas solo last night on Altepa mandys. I don't have the AF+2 set.
 Bahamut.Sakurawr
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Sakurawr 2010-12-15 12:32:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Omgwtftaru said:
Perhaps the set bonus works like the DRK AF3+2 (attks occ. varies with HP). Here

Also, I don't really see any results from the data, the critical damage is pretty inconsistent and you have to keep in mind that the proc rate is pretty low.

For Rampage I average at around the same as you and randomly go to 2k+, but I don't WS in AF3+2 so there's probably another factor affecting it.

It's good data to start with, but it might be better to test the set bonus outside Abyssea and possibly use a weaker weapon and just one hand it.

My normal melee hit on mainhand was a constant 70 (I should of probably said that) so note the 106 and 113 mainhand hits were odd.
Offhand's average damage was ~50.

Average crit damage on mainhand was ~220 and off ~200, so anything much over that ya.
 Fenrir.Omgwtftaru
By Fenrir.Omgwtftaru 2010-12-15 13:29:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Sakurawr said:
My normal melee hit on mainhand was a constant 70 (I should of probably said that) so note the 106 and 113 mainhand hits were odd.
Offhand's average damage was ~50.

Average crit damage on mainhand was ~220 and off ~200, so anything much over that ya.

Ah I see it now, was mixing the mainhand with the offhand damage. Still seems unimpressive, to me at least, when other set bonuses effectively doubles the damage of spells and blood pacts. I guess SE was aiming at the damage over time aspect rather than spike.

I will probably take down some data when I go skill up scythe some time.

Edit:
Killed some bees outside in Rolanberry with my scythe. Averaging around 260, about an hour I've had some that shot up to around 400. Just speculation, but possibly adds 50% damage.
 Fenrir.Omgwtftaru
By Fenrir.Omgwtftaru 2010-12-15 19:29:33
Link | Quote | Reply

So I went to kill lizards in Cape Terrigan and parsed it. On the left is the damage and on the right is the # times. This was with a scythe and 220 hits, 52 of which are critical. The pet I had out was NurseryNazuna and had it stay in one spot with 100% HP. I also have only two AF3+2 pieces.

To be honest, looking at the regular hits, I can't really see if the damage range is just 58-120. The reg. hit numbers just seem to be all over the place for me and possibly, the set bonus did not activate at all. But, for the crit. data, one of them jumped to 405 and the mean is around 180ish.

If it's anything like the DRK set bonus, then it will double the damage with a very low proc. rate, but there needs to be more data to really conclude anything.

I'm not a math whiz, so if anyone knows how to use the data, you're welcome to use this.
 Leviathan.Gotterdammerung
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Gotterdammerung 2010-12-25 22:36:48
Link | Quote | Reply

try it with a low health pet. It might be a reverse scale. i e the lower pet health the higher the boost.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [54 days between previous and next post]
By Mishtaspimp 2011-02-17 16:28:11
Link | Quote | Reply

While i was killing imps for 2-4 hit trial axe, i noticed that the proc rate was low....really low. Can't give u concrete data but i have 3 plus2 pieces.When it did proc i noticed with pet hp around 90-100% pet hit imp for 500ish non crit.
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-02-17 16:47:41
Link | Quote | Reply

@omgwtftaru
In your test you only used 2 pieces of +2 and a small sample of 220 hits. I would posit that your set bonus only procced once or twice at most in those 220 hits, assuming the proc rate is similar to other jobs'. The 405 spike is definitely a proc, unless you have some other trait which would boost your attack that high.

@Sakurawr
May I ask if you have tested your damage on the same mobs without your pet out? I'm guessing that those higher damage crits are simply within the variance of your normal attacks, and are not set bonus procs.