pup gear and weapons from update
 Cerberus.Harunn
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Harun677
By Cerberus.Harunn 2010-12-06 14:08:07
Link | Quote | Reply

pup gear and weapons from update.
Just wanted to make a post about what pup get in this update. Its not much but i'm happy, I just listed the job specific pieces and some others which are good pieces with pup included in them.

Cirque Farsetto +2 Rare Exclusive
Body
DEF:59 DEX+10 Accuracy+20 Attack+20
Haste+3% Reduces "Overload" rate
Set:
Attack occ. varies with automaton's HP
Lv89 PUP

Not what I expected but still good, I wuda liked some str on it but all in all im happy with it, haste makes it really nice to TP in. I like the fact it also includes the overload rate reduction since I overload way too much lol.

Cirque Guanti +2 Rare Exclusive
Hands
DEF:26 STR+6 DEX+6 AGI+6
"Store TP"+6 Haste+4%
Automaton: STR+13 DEX+13 AGI+13
Set:
Attack occ. varies with automaton's HP
Lv87 PUP

I love these hands, more haste than v2 along with DD pet stats and stats for the pup, nice for TP and ws I think. Will miss the pet haste from v2 tho ; ;.

Epona's Ring Rare Exclusive
Ring
"Double Attack"+3% "Triple Attack"+3%
Lv89 MNK THF BST RNG NIN BLU COR PUP DNC

I love this ring, the fact that its so limited to a few jobs mostly non major dd jobs and pup is included its brilliant.

Cirque Earring Rare Exclusive
Earring
Automaton: Attack+2 Ranged Attack+2
"Magic Atk. Bonus"+2
Lv90 PUP

I like this earring, just before the update began I was looking at the add on missions to redo the missions to get some pet stats earrings and rings, this is like a all in 1, now to make something for the other ear eh.

Burattinaios Rare Exclusive
Hand-To-Hand
DMG:+29 Delay:+51 STR+5 DEX+5
Automaton: "Regain"
Lv89 PUP

nice weapon, hmm wat can I say, dmg on it seems nice and automaton gets something and a decent enough delay compared to other H2H weapons, I didnt do the pet atk and range atk weapon so I would definitely use this for when I just stand around making my pet do all the work.

Furor Cesti Rare Exclusive
Hand-To-Hand
DMG:+22 Delay:+30 STR+2
"Subtle Blow"+8
Lv90 MNK PUP

super low delay for a h2h, I guess the lower delay comes with the lower dmg, I wouldnt really use it in all honesty.

Twilight Belt Rare Exclusive
Waist
DEF:8 "Double Attack"+2% Haste+7%
Lv90 MNK THF BST RNG NIN BLU COR PUP DNC

I guess this is the icing on the cake. I would think it would be really hard to get much like many ppl saying from the last abyssea area from boss completions. Same~ jobs as the DA/TA rings.

All in all its decent. Woulda been better if we had new attachments but its kool. Just wondering upto what spells we get now heh.

forgive me for my typos or if i said something you couldnt understand lol. didnt re check it
 Phoenix.Degs
Server: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-12-06 17:04:48
Link | Quote | Reply

i think the overload reduction is nice on the body, but they really need to do some more for situations outside of abyssea.. simply for the fact that you get, as master awesoem stat boosts even out side of atma in there, and with the +10s on the af3 pieces theres a great deal of master/auto stat equality for overload threshold.. however
outside of abyssea using all the af3 without the stat boost for the master, we are going to overload like a mutha f'er..

hopefully this body helps alot
 Cerberus.Harunn
Server: Cerberus
user: Harun677
By Cerberus.Harunn 2010-12-06 17:59:36
Link | Quote | Reply

true true but i dont think it wud differ that much because as master stats increase so do the automatons depending on frame. every little helps rite tho. maybe this will mean instead of macroing a piece for like the 7 different stats all into 1 piece. hope that makes sense. plus with the new gear pup getting more and more DD gear which is awesome. tbh im a slacker when it comes to melee DDing myself, if I have the rng frame out I just equip the thew bomblet and we both engage without wasting time on manuever, mage frames or when i dont engage is a totally diff story.