Artemis' Medal
First Page 2
 Asura.Xenophire
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Xenophire
By Asura.Xenophire 2010-12-04 04:20:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Was wondering if anyone had a working XML or script entry that would equip this during the appropriate Moon Phase and would swap accordingly with an INT Neck (Bakka's a ***) and the Uggly Pendant. :X Currently using SpellCast version 2.22 and xml version 1.0. Yeah, it's outdated, but it hasn't failed me since~
 Sylph.Bodhizapha
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Bodhizapha 2010-12-04 07:46:31
Link | Quote | Reply

sigh...wish i could use those fancy tools, im on xbox so im stuck punching 3 macros just to get a spell off, feel like a farmer using a horse and plow while my neighbor plows his field with a tractor (did i really just use a farming analogy here?)

really wish SE would put more lines into our macro pallets, because 6 isn't enough. with one macro i should be able to use my /ja or /ma plus change every piece of gear with one button, not 3....anyway /rant off, enjoy your 'tractor', im envious.
 Sylph.Liltrouble
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2010-12-04 07:58:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Xenophire said:
Was wondering if anyone had a working XML or script entry that would equip this during the appropriate Moon Phase and would swap accordingly with an INT Neck (Bakka's a ***) and the Uggly Pendant. :X Currently using SpellCast version 2.22 and xml version 1.0. Yeah, it's outdated, but it hasn't failed me since~
Newp, Oldshool here. Just check the moon phases and gear appropritely. However, I have done some extensive testing and this piece beats Goetia chain (well, for me anyways, Taru, capped INT merits ec.,) on all but a new moon phase. At it's most potent, full moon, it's just WOW, lol. 1824 Tier III Blizz on a fishy in sea during firesday, XD.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-12-04 08:12:44
Link | Quote | Reply

<if advanced ="%MoonPCT &Gt;80">
<equip when ="precast"><neck lock="yes">Artemis' Medal</neck></equip>
</if>
<if advanced ="%MoonPCT &Lt;80">
<if MPPAfterCastLT="50" Advanced="$UggPendant==1">
<equip when="midcast">
<neck lock="yes">Uggalepih Pendant</neck>
</equip>
</if>
</if>
<if advanced ="%MoonPCT &Gt;40">
<equip when ="precast"><neck lock="yes">Artemis' Medal</neck></equip>
</if>

This works for me, sometimes!
There seem to be a bug with spellcast reading moon phase, so like.. at 75% it might not equip it when it should, but once it gets to 76% it works etc =/

Edit: Something is bugged, let me fix it rq <_> stupid ffxiah codes :P

Edit2: Ok fixed, you need to make the upper-case G and L before the moon-phase % lower-case in spellcast
 Bahamut.Weasel
Server: Bahamut
user: Weasel
By Bahamut.Weasel 2010-12-04 09:03:23
Link | Quote | Reply

According to the page of spellcast rules http://windower.net/plugins/spellcast/rules it says you can use the "Moon" attribute with spelling out the actual moon phase. If that is true, I'd do something like this. (I'm adding in just some generic name of a theoretic nuking set that has been previously defined, so this xml isn't copy-and-paste functional. Also, this is the cleanest way of equip swapping, not involving locks or anything. And if you'd rather have midcasts instead of precasts just change it.)
Code
<if Spell="Stone*|Water*|Aero*|Fire*|Blizzard*|Thunder*|Stonega*|Waterga*|Aeroga*|Firaga*|Blizzaga*|Thundaga*">
<if MPPAfterCastLT="50">
<if Moon="Full Moon">
<equip when="precast" set="NukingSet">
<neck>Artemis' Medal</neck>
</equip>
</if>
<else>
<neck>Uggalepih Pendant</neck>
</equip>
</else>
</if>
<else>
<if Moon="New Moon">
<neck>Goetia Chain</neck>
</equip>
</if>
<else>
<neck>Artemis' Medal</neck>
</equip>
</else>
</else>
</if>

Edit: I never like it when the spacing aligns all the code to the left, so here's a quick visual of what the code is doing:

if spell is a nuke
--if MP less than 50%
----if moon is full (equip artemis: MAB 10)
----else (equip ugg pend: MAB 8)
--else (MP greater than 50%)
----if moon is new (equip goetia: INT)
----else (equip artemis: MAB 1~8)
 Asura.Tavjon
user: Tavjon
By Asura.Tavjon 2010-12-23 08:53:15
Link | Quote | Reply

If you could change the xml code to compliment the moon phases given, should optimize the xml even more
[+]
 Sylph.Hitetsu
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2011-01-06 04:38:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Spellcast 2.3+

Spellcast 2.2x

EDIT: Changed the > to &GT; and < to &LT;. If they don't work like that, lowercase the GT and LT's
 Asura.Tavjon
user: Tavjon
By Asura.Tavjon 2011-01-07 02:19:10
Link | Quote | Reply

can you fix it to where it locks artemis' on full moon so it doesn't change to uggalepih pendant when <50%mp
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2011-01-07 03:21:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tavjon said:
can you fix it to where it locks artemis' on full moon so it doesn't change to uggalepih pendant when <50%mp

change <neck> to <neck lock="true"> and that should do it.

That said though, I need to rewrite it a bit for someone else anyway so it kicks in properly (apparently it doesn't kick in on the right moon phases? I dunno, I've not played BLM since I got it ; ;) and puts U Pendant on when Latent kicks in.
 Cerberus.Heavendragon
By Cerberus.Heavendragon 2011-01-07 04:02:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow.
I realy ask myself if you can play the game in normal way to? Without any sideprograms.
Thats the challenge i think. Play the Game as it is. If you can beat the game without, than you can say you are good. ^^
[+]
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2011-01-07 05:12:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Did I say anywhere I was good?

And yes, I played the game with stock macro systems for 3 years. It blows monkey balls.

Now? I play the game "well".

EDIT: Ever used Wiki? That'd be a "sideprogram". FFXIAH? Yeah.. Hi "sideprogram". Ever PT'd with someone who uses a "sideprogram"? You got the benefit of that too.

You're no better than anyone here, stop pretending you are.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Opehlia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Opehlia
By Quetzalcoatl.Opehlia 2011-01-07 05:13:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't you think its up to each person to decide how they want to play a game? Especially since they are paying for it? O_o
 Cerberus.Heavendragon
By Cerberus.Heavendragon 2011-01-07 06:32:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I never sayed i am better than anyone else here. So calm down. I just say without it, the game makes more fun because you have to focus more.

And yea everyone can play it like they want. Its theyr problem if SE find out they use it and maybe got banned.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-07 06:36:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Heavendragon said:
I never sayed i am better than anyone else here. So calm down. I just say without it, the game makes more fun because you have to focus more.
yea, because Spamming the "Current time" button and seeing
"Vana'diel: 9/29/1114, Windsday, 10:35
First quarter moon (55%)
Earth: Jan 7, 2011 7:32:37am"

To decide which of your macros you should use (one where you have this neck vs another option) is really considered fun.

Becaues that's basically what it would boil down to. The moon phase isn't listed anywhere else in game.
[+]
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2011-01-07 07:46:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I have a working piece of code for U Pendant/Art Medal/INT Neck. I've quickly tested it on mobs in Lufaise (nothing serious, just making sure it doesn't spit out errors and changes when it needs to). The current Moon phase (on Sylph at least) doesn't allow me to check for Feud Pendant (or your choice of nuking neck) working, but reversing the logic (so Art Medal is only active when Feud should be), makes it work.. So I'm hoping it'll work properly.

Add this to the "Variables" section of BLM spellcast (both 2.2x and 2.3+ versions)

For Spellcast 2.3+, add this section in the "Rules" segment (using Aikar's BLM Spellcast, you'll need to remove the Uggalepih Pendant segment, it's rewritten in this section).

For Spellcast 2.2x, you'll need this one:
By Enternius 2011-01-07 07:50:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not really contributing anything to this thread (Sorry in advance for that), but can anyone explain to me the difference between spellcast 2.2 and spellcast 2.3? I'm considering coming back to FFXI but I'd like to know exactly what the difference is.
 Fenrir.Dibble
Server: Fenrir
user: Dibble
By Fenrir.Dibble 2011-01-07 07:56:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Using moon percentages is not super reliable. For example, Full Moon is from 90% Waxing to 95% Waning. So, equip when Moon>90% will activate after Full Moon has finished once the Moon is waning.

Someone figured out some code to fix that here:

http://forums.windower.net/topic/18914-handling-moon-phase-with-includes/
[+]
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2011-01-07 08:06:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Dibble said:
Using moon percentages is not super reliable. For example, Full Moon is from 90% Waxing to 95% Waning. So, equip when Moon>90% will activate after Full Moon has finished once the Moon is waning.

Someone figured out some code to fix that here:

http://forums.windower.net/topic/18914-handling-moon-phase-with-includes/

I'll take a look over that later^^ Have to go out now, but I'll try it out later! At a glance though, it looks pretty good (and much shorter than mine XD).
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2011-01-07 10:14:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Just got round to playing around with it (only in my MH though XD) and everything changes gear as it should. I'd say this was a winner for Spellcast 2.3+ (dunno whether it'll work on 2.22 though, I've only used 2.32 since it was in Beta).

Ent, I forget what they changed in the 2.2 -> 2.3 update, but I know 2.4 changed some Moon/Clock issues they apparently had with 2.3. Other than that there's just some minor Syntax changes. (<action type="equip"> became <equip>, just as an example)
By Rhegar 2011-01-13 19:53:06
Link | Quote | Reply

i had this made for me and it keeps saying "Outdated XML. (regex) or (buffactive) must be updated" everytime i cast a spell.
obviously i need to update it but i dont know how to can someone shed some light on the subject for me it worked great until he added the art.medal stuff so im assuming it has something to do with that any help is greatly appreciated

heres a link to my spellcast stuff
Your text to link here...
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2011-01-14 04:33:17
Link | Quote | Reply

If I had to guess, it was the line that determines whether or not to use AF2 pants.

Find this:

and replace it with this:

Remember to make a backup first though!
By Rhegar 2011-01-14 13:34:00
Link | Quote | Reply

thx a lot it worked!!!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [92 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-04-16 04:37:32
Link | Quote | Reply

i figured i'd necro bump this a bit rather than make a new topic since they are similar.

does anyone have a working setup for twilight cape and weather? i cant think of a good script that would equip the cape when i have the correct weather and searing when i dont, im currently just leaving searing in my elemental set and manually changing the cape through equip window when i cast if i have weather. a working spellcast rule for this would be lovely.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2011-04-16 04:42:30
Link | Quote | Reply

This should do it:

That's the one I used in my WHM Spellcast, I tagged it into my BLM Spellcast with my AF2 pants.
 Bismarck.Cerelyn
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Cerelyn 2011-04-16 04:48:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Thumbs up on this thread. Gonna try this for my blm xml~
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-04-16 04:57:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks a bunch
 Bismarck.Cerelyn
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Cerelyn 2011-04-16 10:56:53
Link | Quote | Reply

How do I add <addtochat color="121">Uggalepih Pendant active</addtochat>

I got this from Aikar's BLM XML
Code
<if MPPAfterCastLT="50" Advanced="$UggPendant==1">
<equip when="midcast">
<neck lock="yes">Uggalepih Pendant</neck>
</equip>
</if>
</else>

All getting errors or not showing up.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [142 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Cuelebra
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Cuelebra 2011-09-05 00:52:54
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone here have a full working BLM xml with artemis/goetia chain/uggy they could send me. ive tried a few on BG and on here but the neck piece isnt switching out....
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Nanashi14
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2011-09-05 01:00:26
Link | Quote | Reply

<if spell="Bli*|Aer*|Sto*|Thu*|Wat*|Fir*">
<if moon="*Waxing Crescent|*Waning Crescent|New Moon">
<equip when="midcast">
<neck>Goetia Chain</neck>
</equip>
</if>