The New PUP Update Details!

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » The New PUP Update Details!
The New PUP Update Details!
 Pandemonium.Scrumpet
Server: Pandemonium
Game: FFXI
user: Scrumpet
By Pandemonium.Scrumpet 2011-05-10 00:28:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Omgwtftaru said:
Heat Capacitor
1 Fire - +20TP
2 Fire - +50TP
3 Fire - +80TP

Does optic fiber boost it by any chance?
 Bismarck.Gael
Server: Bismarck
user: Gael
By Bismarck.Gael 2011-05-10 00:34:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Rinnsi said:
string shreeder also seems to suck. 1.3k max i've gotten it to do in Abyssea...thanks SE nerfing bura and giving us a shitty WS...well, hers hoping barrage works well >.>

and its triggered by a wind (nice with the barrage thing which erase all wind...)

I tested valoredge, his new ws deals 2k+ dmg w/o a fire to boost it (idk which maneuver trigger it atm)
 Fenrir.Rinnsi
Server: Fenrir
user: Rinnsi
By Fenrir.Rinnsi 2011-05-10 00:36:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Gael said:
Fenrir.Rinnsi said:
string shreeder also seems to suck. 1.3k max i've gotten it to do in Abyssea...thanks SE nerfing bura and giving us a shitty WS...well, hers hoping barrage works well >.>

and its triggered by a wind (nice with the barrage thing which erase all wind...)

I tested valoredge, his new ws deals 2k+ dmg w/o a fire to boost it (idk which maneuver trigger it atm)
you got it to go that high? it's thunder. do you have af+2? i havnt been lucky, but it's not really showing anything impressive
 Bismarck.Gael
Server: Bismarck
user: Gael
By Bismarck.Gael 2011-05-10 00:42:21
Link | Quote | Reply

i was naked with only a animator +1
 Fenrir.Omgwtftaru
user: kivyin
By Fenrir.Omgwtftaru 2011-05-10 00:48:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Scrumpet said:
Fenrir.Omgwtftaru said:
Heat Capacitor
1 Fire - +20TP
2 Fire - +50TP
3 Fire - +80TP

Does optic fiber boost it by any chance?

So far optic fiber doesn't seem to boost it. Still got +80TP with 3 Fires.

Edit: Optic Fiber doesn't do anything, 2 Fire 1 Light still gave +50TP.
 Cerberus.Leoxtribal
Server: Cerberus
user: Nixvalley
By Cerberus.Leoxtribal 2011-05-10 01:23:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk if this has been posted but Armor Shatter (rng pup frame) seems to be wind based.
 Phoenix.Degs
Server: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2011-05-10 01:52:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Gael said:
Fenrir.Rinnsi said:

considering VE has ***for weaponskill dmg as is.. ill take anything for him 1.5k to 2k .. thats pretty decent if you ask me
 Carbuncle.Aikakaka
Server: Carbuncle
user: Aikakaka
By Carbuncle.Aikakaka 2011-05-10 02:48:26
Link | Quote | Reply

we need a big street protest to get our old burattinaios back , this is just total sucks out for the love of god sake , imma quit job
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2011-05-10 03:48:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I can agree Burattinaios needed a nerf, possibly, but from 10tp to 1tp seems way beyond what was needed in all honesty...

Anyway, ENM supposedly drops new attachments. I wonder which ones? The new ones you can also buy with IS? Or maybe the Ashu Talif ones?

Also wonder what the new animator's hidden effects will be. Hope it will add even more HP (would be awesome if it scaled with the master's current max-HP, would be a way to give a small bit of HP+ to automatons even without cruor buffs) and I guess uh... DEX+6 at least?

The new Valoredge WS sounds absolutely awesome, dunno why so many people are complaining. Compared to Bone Crusher and Cannibal Blade it's pure win imho, and it allows your Valoredge to benefit from the very same Atma set you'll be using on your DD PUP (RR, GH and Apoc).
Valoredge with the right attachments (including Turbo Charger) should prove to be quite a nice source of damage now. Can't imagine how awesome this would have been with Burattinaios :(

Kinda torn on the new Sharpshoot WS, but I like it being Wind-triggered. I might like it more than Armor Piercer in most random/pug PTs for a very lame reason, and that is that it might be easier for me to keep my automaton actually alive! xD
[+]
Guildwork Premium
By Jimmothy77 2011-05-10 21:27:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Granted I always thought Burts were broken, but for the love of god from 10 to 1tp/tic....That's just BS. And the fact that you can do 2k+ with the barrage effect is cool EXCEPT that it counts as a freaking ruby kill in Abyssea just like a normal ranged attack. I like that we can SC darkness with the new Valoredge WS but again, a 2k+ String Shredder > 4k+ Stringing Pummel = dead mob / Ruby Light and you don't even get to see how much the SC did. And it seems the best thing to do with NM's specifically when using rng puppet is to blast an Armor Shatterer and then pop Armor Piercer for some mad damage.
 Lakshmi.Galith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Galadriel
By Lakshmi.Galith 2011-05-11 11:44:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel like I'm in an abusive relationship and my partner is punching me in the crotch with a pair of burattinaios whilst saying "I still love you baby, give me a second chance!"

The following adjustments will be made to the puppetmaster job.

The following adjustments will be made to the new automaton attachments.

Heat Capacitor
It will no longer erase all Fire Maneuver effects.
* Please note that the help message for the attachment will be adjusted at a later date.
Power Cooler
It will reduce the MP cost even if there are no Ice Maneuvers in effect.
Galvanizer
It will increase the chance of countering even if there are no Thunder Maneuvers in effect.

The following adjustments will be made to the new weapon skills that were added. In addition, we will address an issue wherein the damage of the weapon skill is not calculated properly.

String Shredder
Increasing the damage and the addition of status bonuses.
Armor Shatterer
Increasing the damage and the addition of status bonuses.
Changing the skillchain element from Fragmentation / Scission to Fusion / Impaction.
 Phoenix.Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2011-05-11 12:03:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I wasnt a huge fan of it erasing all manuevers, but its something i got used to with economizer anyway,

its really starting to piss me off that se starts doing something right by pup, and then F's us up afterwards..

i wonder whats going to happen to the weaponskills, especially string shredder
 Lakshmi.Galith
user: Galadriel
By Lakshmi.Galith 2011-05-11 12:20:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Degs said:
I wasnt a huge fan of it erasing all manuevers, but its something i got used to with economizer anyway,

its really starting to piss me off that se starts doing something right by pup, and then F's us up afterwards..

I remember the week in which, prior to the update, magic mortar would do excessive damage. Burittos went quite awhile before they found it was actually useful and fixed that. I was somewhat excited seeing new weapon skills and was not surprised when I found out they weren't all that spectacular.

Hopefully the damage increase and the ability to close gravitation will make it worthwhile. I'm glad they're getting rid of the erase maneuver crap since the 1min duration of maneuvers is short enough and a pain in the *** to keep up with. When you get into abyssea and the auto is only doing a fraction of your damage then it really feels pointless at times to keep them up.
 Phoenix.Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2011-05-11 12:32:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Galith said:
Phoenix.Degs said:

I remember the week in which, prior to the update, magic mortar would do excessive damage. Burittos went quite awhile before they found it was actually useful and fixed that. I was somewhat excited seeing new weapon skills and was not surprised when I found out they weren't all that spectacular.

Hopefully the damage increase and the ability to close gravitation will make it worthwhile. I'm glad they're getting rid of the erase maneuver crap since the 1min duration of maneuvers is short enough and a pain in the *** to keep up with. When you get into abyssea and the auto is only doing a fraction of your damage then it really feels pointless at times to keep them up.
I agree that the erase maneuvers is a pain in the ***, but when it erases 3 fire for 140 tp.. im pretty happy about that, i think giving three fires to do ??per tick is going to be a wash. idk how it will be for barrage or mp reduction, but if you ask me, the tp gain should stay the same.
 Fenrir.Rinnsi
By Fenrir.Rinnsi 2011-05-11 19:09:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ooo updating damage to string shredder and giving it a status effect? this could turn out alot better! also more damage to the ranegd one too, and no more fires being erased? this could very well makeup for Bura...Ppfft...ya right...stupid SE >:
[+]
 Phoenix.Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2011-05-11 19:25:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Rinnsi said:
Ooo updating damage to string shredder and giving it a status effect? this could turn out alot better! also more damage to the ranegd one too, and no more fires being erased? this could very well makeup for Bura...Ppfft...ya right...stupid SE >:
agree with the dmg being updated, however if they nerf the way heat capacitor gives tp gain... its going to be a total wash.. like i said earlier, 3 fires for 140tp-ish is epic. if with three fires it gives 20tp per fire manuever up, thats decent, but over time.. idk..is it going to be a regain type thing, or is going to be instant tp once you throw the fire manuever up.
 Fenrir.Rinnsi
By Fenrir.Rinnsi 2011-05-11 19:40:49
Link | Quote | Reply

i just wish we could choose the damn WS we used. 3 fires on a string shredder without needing a SC to force it would rock.
 Cerberus.Evilpaul
Server: Cerberus
user: Evilpaul
By Cerberus.Evilpaul 2011-05-11 19:56:24
Link | Quote | Reply

What skill levels for the new WS?
 Phoenix.Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2011-05-11 20:27:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Evilpaul said:
What skill levels for the new WS?
its around 300 somewhere.. lower end
 Phoenix.Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2011-05-11 20:27:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Rinnsi said:
i just wish we could choose the damn WS we used. 3 fires on a string shredder without needing a SC to force it would rock.
yes, would be quite nice.
 Pandemonium.Scrumpet
Server: Pandemonium
user: Scrumpet
By Pandemonium.Scrumpet 2011-05-12 13:03:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
*Adjustment on Heat Capacitor where it will no longer erase all Fire Maneuver effects will be made in the future update.

[+]
 Ramuh.Kyawind
Server: Ramuh
user: kyahaha
By Ramuh.Kyawind 2011-05-12 19:44:58
Link | Quote | Reply

was kinda looking at 3 fires > erase putting to no fires up and stick on a thunder for that new ws... now this wld make it hard.. in a way but oh way thats just me
 Fenrir.Rinnsi
By Fenrir.Rinnsi 2011-05-13 15:21:41
Link | Quote | Reply

wasn't the update last night supposed to change this? still takes fires?
By scholar231 2011-05-13 19:12:54
Link | Quote | Reply

he posted that on the 12th wasn't the update today the 13th? ^^;
 Fenrir.Rinnsi
By Fenrir.Rinnsi 2011-05-13 19:27:00
Link | Quote | Reply

scholar231 said:
he posted that on the 12th wasn't the update today the 13th? ^^;
tested myself, i mean
By scholar231 2011-05-13 19:31:42
Link | Quote | Reply

oic srry then lol ^^;
 Ragnarok.Yokyumosheemo
Server: Ragnarok
user: shimey
By Ragnarok.Yokyumosheemo 2011-05-13 21:43:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Was messing with this today in abyssea and it was an instant 100+ tp per Firemanuver. 1 fire manuever gave 80-140 tp, 2 averaged about 230tp.

Still removed fire manuvers but it was a good way to make sure you could self light.

Didnt matter what frame i used, same results.
was only using atma VV and RR

All in all if it wants to take away firemanuvers and the new WS are doing 2500+. thats fine with me.

I have fun destroying stuff in letheine today with this.. going to test is outside abyssea later.
 Fenrir.Rinnsi
By Fenrir.Rinnsi 2011-05-13 21:45:41
Link | Quote | Reply

2500+ with only VV and RR? jeez. so with apoc, or possibly SS that WS could now do some nice damage
 Lakshmi.Jimmothy
Guildwork Premium
By Lakshmi.Jimmothy 2011-05-13 22:54:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Yokyumosheemo said:
Was messing with this today in abyssea and it was an instant 100+ tp per Firemanuver. 1 fire manuever gave 80-140 tp, 2 averaged about 230tp.

O.o I have yet to see that much TP from a single Fire Maneuver. Are you sure about this? I really hate it when you have inhibitor on and your puppet has 100% or more tp and you pop 3 fire for your next skillchain, engage a mob, use Stringing Pummel and bam... Heat Capacitor kicks in and then String Shredder gets used with no Fire Maneuvers up and does 2k instead of the 3.5k it should have done. So I'm gonna be really happy when they make it not get rid of all the fire maneuvers.