December update belongs to SCH
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Asura.Floorboss
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Floorboss
By Asura.Floorboss 2010-12-01 08:30:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats what is wrong with the world today people put others down because they think they are better. I may be stupid in some areas but at least I have Common sense. Today in the world people lack this. So call my whatever wont hurt my feelings.
[+]
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-12-01 08:32:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya know, I used to get so much ***over being a mnk and being totally worthless and only being used for chi blast. Kinda glad I stuck with it. Also, lol that my next job to cap will be war. I picked the right DD jobs it seems =3
 Bahamut.Xslayrx
user: Xslayrx
By Bahamut.Xslayrx 2010-12-01 08:32:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
FFXI after next update:

DD: WAR or MNK or quit the game
Mages somewhat balanced still, though Cure5 would be nice
Paladin is still dead
They can't be bothered to fix RNG so they just make it the next THF
RDM will never get Cure V. :(
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-12-01 08:33:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Soon they'll have to add "TH" abilities to other DDs to have them warrant a spot in the party.
[+]
 Bahamut.Xslayrx
By Bahamut.Xslayrx 2010-12-01 08:33:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Serj said:
Ya know, I used to get so much ***over being a mnk and being totally worthless and only being used for chi blast. Kinda glad I stuck with it. Also, lol that my next job to cap will be war. I picked the right DD jobs it seems =3
Now if only you'd level a mage job! >:|
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-12-01 08:36:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Xslayrx said:
Bahamut.Serj said:
Now if only you'd level a mage job! >:|

Rdm! Eventually..
 Bahamut.Weasel
user: Weasel
By Bahamut.Weasel 2010-12-01 08:37:47
Link | Quote | Reply

lies
 Bahamut.Xslayrx
By Bahamut.Xslayrx 2010-12-01 08:38:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Soon they'll have to add "TH" abilities to other DDs to have them warrant a spot in the party.
Then give Dual Wield IV to every DD except thf! :D
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-12-01 08:40:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Weasel said:
lies

Nu uh!

Bahamut.Xslayrx said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Then give Dual Wield IV to every DD except thf! :D

Oh ho!
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
Server: Lakshmi
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2010-12-01 08:54:21
Link | Quote | Reply

nice, now sch can use blm sub, but i still prefer rdm sub
 Cerberus.Zandra
Server: Cerberus
user: Zandra7
By Cerberus.Zandra 2010-12-01 09:09:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice additions but /RDM will always be prefered to /BLM until SCH gets it's own access to gravity. The lower level magic is more of a BOOST to BLM than SCH. /SCH will soon be favored more than /RDM for BLM because of the increasing number of weather spells accessible via /SCH.

As is I can pretty much out nuke most of the BLM out there with a corresponding Day/Weather/Obi setup. Just cast the weather of the day and fire off the same nuke. The 20% gain day/weather bonus more than makes up for the MAB trait gap that SCH lacks, and usually covers me on that pesky Sorc. ring. If BLM can nuke the way I do, it will take away my edge and makes me a <sad panda>.

Was hoping for a 2nd tier of weather spells to help maintain that edge... but I guess I'll have to adapt.
Server: Titan
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-12-01 09:16:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Zandra said:
Nice additions but /RDM will always be prefered to /BLM until SCH gets it's own access to gravity. The lower level magic is more of a BOOST to BLM than SCH. /SCH will soon be favored more than /RDM for BLM because of the increasing number of weather spells accessible via /SCH.

As is I can pretty much out nuke most of the BLM out there with a corresponding Day/Weather/Obi setup. Just cast the weather of the day and fire off the same nuke. The 20% gain day/weather bonus more than makes up for the MAB trait gap that SCH lacks, and usually covers me on that pesky Sorc. ring. If BLM can nuke the way I do, it will take away my edge and makes me a <sad panda>.

Was hoping for a 2nd tier of weather spells to help maintain that edge... but I guess I'll have to adapt.

They probably wont get access to Gravity ever.

I agree on the tier 2 storm spells, a shame, but still 9 levels left, fingers crossed.
 Ramuh.Kailana
Server: Ramuh
user: Kailana
By Ramuh.Kailana 2010-12-01 09:20:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Asura.Floorboss said:
Is it me or is mnk getting screwed over with the stupid ja and I thought this update would bring it to 99.

wat

Seriously, I saw the new mnk JA and I just about came.

Then I saw the new JA for my pld and I just headdesked. Yeah, that'll fix PLD, SE. >_>
 Cerberus.Zandra
Server: Cerberus
user: Zandra7
By Cerberus.Zandra 2010-12-01 09:23:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Darkestknight said:
Cerberus.Zandra said:

I agree on the tier 2 storm spells, a shame, but still 9 levels left, fingers crossed.

Ditto..... grav on BLM/RDM is a gamble anyways, Enfeebling Magic on BLM is nothing compared to SCH. I still dont see any reason to sub BLM over RDM..... Elemental Debuffs? Maybe if the situation calls for it.
 Asura.Eeek
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2010-12-01 09:41:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Zandra said:
Cerberus.Zandra said:

Ditto..... grav on BLM/RDM is a gamble anyways, Enfeebling Magic on BLM is nothing compared to SCH. I still dont see any reason to sub BLM over RDM..... Elemental Debuffs? Maybe if the situation calls for it.

Gravity isn't a gamble on BLM/RDM. Sure BLM has C+ Enfeebling skill, but BLM also has access to plenty of strong Enfeebling gear. If a mob is susceptible to Gravity, a BLM can land it assuming they're not full-timing full Teal gear or something else equally silly.

Losing Silence, Paralyze, and Slow in addition to Gravity also hurts if /SCH. It does, however, open up nice crowd control options with AoE Bind and Break (please God let these work...). AoE Aspir is never a bad thing either!
[+]
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-12-01 09:44:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eeek said:
Cerberus.Zandra said:
Cerberus.Zandra said:

Gravity isn't a gamble on BLM/RDM. Sure BLM has C+ Enfeebling skill, but BLM also has access to plenty of strong Enfeebling gear. If a mob is susceptible to Gravity, a BLM can land it assuming they're not full-timing full Teal gear or something else equally silly.

Losing Silence, Paralyze, and Slow in addition to Gravity also hurts if /SCH. It does, however, open up nice crowd control options with AoE Bind and Break (please God let these work...). AoE Aspir is never a bad thing either!

They do work, sleep as well.

Plus as /SCH all skills relating to the arts are upgraded to B+ subjob or not so long as you have native skill in it. So their enfeebling would be B+ in Dark Arts or Light Arts.
 Asura.Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2010-12-01 09:54:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eeek said:
Cerberus.Zandra said:
Cerberus.Zandra said:

Plus as /SCH all DRK skills are upgraded to B+ subjob or not. So their enfeebling would be B+ in Dark Arts or Light Arts.

I'm not sure why everyone's focusing on BLM's increased Enfeebling skill with /SCH. Enfeebling has never been a problem for any sensibly geared and merited BLM.

It's SCH's new low-level defensive spells that make the difference. Stoneskin and Blink in combination with AoE Bind and Break make BLM even better at controlling large packs of mobs.
[+]
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-12-01 09:56:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eeek said:
Asura.Eeek said:
Cerberus.Zandra said:
Cerberus.Zandra said:

Plus as /SCH all DRK skills are upgraded to B+ subjob or not. So their enfeebling would be B+ in Dark Arts or Light Arts.

I'm not sure why everyone's focusing on BLM's increased Enfeebling skill with /SCH. Enfeebling has never been a problem for any sensibly geared and merited BLM.

It's SCH's new low-level defensive spells that make the difference. Stoneskin and Blink in combination with AoE Bind and Break make BLM even better at controlling large packs of mobs.

Not focused on them, just worth mentioning as an added bonus.
 Alexander.Gib
Server: Alexander
user: Gib
By Alexander.Gib 2010-12-01 10:01:20
Link | Quote | Reply

where are all the Q.Q'ing SAMs? they all out of tears after the last two updates?

and Cure 6 for DNC, that makes my day
 Asura.Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2010-12-01 10:06:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eeek said:
Asura.Eeek said:
Cerberus.Zandra said:
Cerberus.Zandra said:

Not focused on them, just worth mentioning as an added bonus.

It's not much of a bonus at all. It's the other things that /SCH brings to the table that are worthy of mention and that make the new /SCH a strong and competitive subjob for BLM.
 Siren.Thoraeon
Server: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2010-12-01 10:15:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I just read what they gave us.

SE, they love us.

Asura.Floorboss
user: Floorboss
By Asura.Floorboss 2010-12-01 11:15:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Thoraeon said:
I just read what they gave us.

SE, they love us.

Lol good thing this is not FF14. o.0
 Leviathan.Solanis
Server: Leviathan
user: Solanis
By Leviathan.Solanis 2010-12-01 12:20:37
Link | Quote | Reply

My two favorite jobs are SCH and DRK... I feel like someone kicked me in the face (DRK) then handed me a box of chocolate (SCH). How am I supposed to feel?!?!!
[+]
 Phoenix.Smileybone
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2010-12-01 12:29:14
Link | Quote | Reply

WAR and MNK may be kings for now but we still have another 9 levels to go and hopefully it wont be in abyssea. Soon as endgame gets out of abyssea WAR or MNK will go back to regular I think.
[+]
 Odin.Sinharvest
Server: Odin
By Odin.Sinharvest 2010-12-01 12:41:52
Link | Quote | Reply

*Looks at his masamune, throws it on the ground in disgust*

*Looks at his Victory smite fist, embraces them*
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-12-01 12:42:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Gib said:
where are all the Q.Q'ing SAMs? they all out of tears after the last two updates?

I don't really know of much to QQ about being a SAM main, in fact what is there to QQ about? Only thing I wish we had was a decent multi hit WS that's better than Tachi: Rana, but I can't complain considering everything else we've got at our disposal.

If you have access to Tachi: Fudo then you're golden providing you gear yourself correctly. Also SAM with Sonic Thrust is mint against multiple targets, and Penta Thrust only gets stronger, but I only wish it was a crit WS. -.-

Besides, SAM had been considered the top job for many years so I'm happy that other jobs have been given more attention than us, it's just the career DRK's I feel sorry for.

Odin.Sinharvest
By Odin.Sinharvest 2010-12-01 12:49:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Dirtyfinger said:
Alexander.Gib said:

I don't really know of much to QQ about being a SAM main, in fact what is there to QQ about? Only thing I wish we had was a decent multi hit WS that's better than Tachi: Rana, but I can't complain considering everything else we've got at our disposal.

If you have access to Tachi: Fudo then you're golden providing you gear yourself correctly. Also SAM with Sonic Thrust is mint against multiple targets, and Penta Thrust only gets stronger, but I only wish it was a crit WS. -.-

Besides, SAM had been considered the top job for many years so I'm happy that other jobs have been given more attention than us, it's just the career DRK's I feel sorry for.

The relic drk in my shell gonna rage pretty bad when he reads these notes lol.
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-12-01 12:54:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm quite glad I managed to sneak in my 37WAR into a Abyssea PT though, but not so much the DRK I did shortly after lol.

Just got to skill up GA >.> But it won't take that long.

Bismarck.Cordareo
Server: Bismarck
user: Cordareo
By Bismarck.Cordareo 2010-12-01 15:13:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I just want Cure V for scholar. :|
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-12-01 15:22:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Cordareo said: