PUP AF3 Body And Hands - Thoughts On Looks And Hop

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » PUP AF3 Body and Hands - Thoughts on looks and hop
PUP AF3 Body and Hands - Thoughts on looks and hop
 Cerberus.Cruxus
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Cruxus
By Cerberus.Cruxus 2010-11-17 18:58:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Since SE released pics of the body and hand pieces, I have to say that PUP looks pretty slick. Unlike the AF and Relic gear, it doesn't look too "fluffy" and in addition, they added little accessories on the waist area of the body which would enhance the "performer" aspect of the job's origin.

As far as stats go I'm really hopeful that they meet the same standards as the previous pieces. Possible job specific enhancements:

Enhances Maneuvers - Increase attachment's augmentation of stats (att/acc/r.att/haste), much like optic fiber but without the need to use a light maneuver but would stack with such.

Enhances Deus Ex Automata - Increases hp and mp % when called using ability

Enhances Stout Servant - Give boost to the trait.

I wouldn't know what would be a fair stat distribution for body and hands but I'm hoping they're high...lol. Thoughts?
 Asura.Citag
Server: Asura
user: Citag
By Asura.Citag 2010-11-17 19:04:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Hopefully some pet haste!
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-11-17 19:06:45
Link | Quote | Reply

If the body doesn't have at least 4% haste on it, use Goliard.
 Phoenix.Degs
Server: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-11-17 19:17:40
Link | Quote | Reply

So far all the gears for AF3 have haste on it.. so its logical they they will put at least 4-5% haste .. possibly double attack also... as far as job specific .. would love to see some Pet haste and possibly augment of maneuvers or total suppression (which probably wont happen) Augmenting of Deux Ex Auto would be nice.. but honestly its not a huge deal with Role Reversal since you can pretty much totally fill HP (exception VE/Harly) and then D/A again for fresh auto

I cant think of really anything else that you could put on body... as far as hands.. they honestly better have haste +4 /pet haste +4 or relic hands beat them
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-11-17 19:20:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't have Role Reversal at all...so a deus+ would be nice... I'm hoping for 4% haste with some STR/VIT.. pet haste really means ***to me at this point on pup >_<.. Most of what I do on pup is blm nuking for sick dmg on NMs so i wouldn't like a ton of pet haste... i mean who really melee's a ton with pup these days? idk maybe i'm just weird but i'd rather have a 3k+ nuke every 1m than some slight DPS by melee or ranger frame....
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-11-17 19:25:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
I don't have Role Reversal at all...so a deus+ would be nice... I'm hoping for 4% haste with some STR/VIT.. pet haste really means ***to me at this point on pup >_<.. Most of what I do on pup is blm nuking for sick dmg on NMs so i wouldn't like a ton of pet haste... i mean who really melee's a ton with pup these days? idk maybe i'm just weird but i'd rather have a 3k+ nuke every 1m than some slight DPS by melee or ranger frame....
Get razed ruin
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-11-17 19:27:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I have it Tiger...but I only get to use it for exp, cuz I dont have an event shell...but still it doesn't really do a thing for my puppet...i mean they dont have crit WSs, so I'd still rather nuke with blm frame as I melee
 Fenrir.Snick
Server: Fenrir
user: Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-11-17 19:44:08
Link | Quote | Reply

If you just do NMs by throwing bodies at it, why not melee? If the other DD are worth two shits you won't be tanking anyways.

Not like you can't tank in Abyssea.