Looking To Start An AF3+2 Static Of Sorts, Inquire

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Carbuncle » Looking to start an AF3+2 static of sorts, inquire
Looking to start an AF3+2 static of sorts, inquire
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2010-11-17 07:06:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello!

I'm currently looking for competent players to start farming AF3+2 items (AF3+1 will be a byproduct of this, although many people have this done or are in the progress of doing this already). Anyway, this is how it's going to work:

1.) Choose 3 pieces of armor (1 from each zone) to complete first. I highly recommend you pick at least 2 from a single job, as you will get a set bonus. This is your primary lot set. You may also set a secondary lot set, and if no one has primary lotting rights to an upgrade item, you will be allowed to lot. Once you begin obtaining upgrade items, your primary/secondary lots are locked until everyone in the static has finished their primary lots.

2.) We will progress zone by zone, starting with Attohwa. So, you should be okay with spamming the same zone 2 nights per week.

3.) I am currently thinking Sunday + Tuesday nights at 10-11PM EST start time to be the usual times for the static to run. You can probably expect each run to last at least 2-3 hours. Also note that the start time may vary somewhat due to randomness in peoples' schedules, with a maximum of a 1 hour delay in start time. The time is still not set in stone, and may change depending on recruitment.

4.) We will always farm TEs so that everyone leaves with 120 mins at the end of a run. If we need more time in the middle of a run, we will stop doing NMs and farm time. Capping pearl/azure is no longer an issue, so we will have no problems doing this. This way people can save their stones for personal use and linkshell events.

What I'm Looking For!
  • You should already know how yellow/red !! triggering works. For melee, you should be willing to carry multiple red !! trigger weapons. If you don't know how this works, then uh, it's pretty easy to look it up on wiki and figure it out no problem.

• You should be willing to actually..you know...commit to most of the runs.

• People willing to go BLM and BRD are always a plus, as are WHMs, RDMs, and PLDs. I'm really not picky on jobs, as you can see, since my jobs are BLU and DNC. I will however ask you to come as "the best job you have available for the current event," which will of course vary by NM and current setup.

• You should be competent. Your magic skills should be where they're supposed to be. You should have your weapon skills capped. For WAR, that means all of them because you're red trigger ***. You should have a brain and be able to follow instructions!

• Your gear should be reasonable. You don't need a relic or anything, but come on, you can find something better to wear than full Aurore. A lot of gear discrepancy can be made up with atma, which will come as the runs get better.

• Hopefully, you come pre-loaded with atma, but if most everyone needs atma, we'll farm some up for the static.

I already know several linkshell mates/friends who are interested, but I'm looking to get a solid group of 10-12 together to run rampant in abyssea.

Post here if you're interested with your jobs/atmas/etc. and I'll get back to you and we'll figure this out :)
[+]
 Carbuncle.Whittle
user: Whittle
By Carbuncle.Whittle 2010-11-23 02:46:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I currently am only in need of BST AF3 +2. Still need the +1 feet but will hopefully have that done within next two days as I have off from work and will spam quest or NMs to finish (@3/8). After I finish BST and the update comes, will probably level THF to 85 (still sitting at 81) and would like to upgrade those eventually. So if we start a static and we all finish up, THF would be next on my priority list. You know me in game Asym and I've been trying to find a static for something just like this. I will level THF to 85 if you need me for TH - no gloves though. Otherwise, I only have BST at 85. To simplify things for you.

Jobs: BST85, THF81
Relevant Atmas: Atma of the Sanguine Scythe, Atma of the Stout Arm, Atma of the Heavens (Windurst Rank Missions)
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2010-11-23 17:29:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Whittle said:
I currently am only in need of BST AF3 +2. Still need the +1 feet but will hopefully have that done within next two days as I have off from work and will spam quest or NMs to finish (@3/8). After I finish BST and the update comes, will probably level THF to 85 (still sitting at 81) and would like to upgrade those eventually. So if we start a static and we all finish up, THF would be next on my priority list. You know me in game Asym and I've been trying to find a static for something just like this. I will level THF to 85 if you need me for TH - no gloves though. Otherwise, I only have BST at 85. To simplify things for you.

Jobs: BST85, THF81
Relevant Atmas: Atma of the Sanguine Scythe, Atma of the Stout Arm, Atma of the Heavens (Windurst Rank Missions)

Awesome, I'll let you know what's going on in the coming weeks while I plan this out and gather the people. I'm just getting back from a vacation so I'm a little frazzled at the moment XD
 Carbuncle.Malorum
user: Steez420
By Carbuncle.Malorum 2010-11-26 02:18:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey i'm interested.
 Quetzalcoatl.Degeneration
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Degeneration 2010-11-26 02:21:43
Link | Quote | Reply

If i am in your server, I would join ; ;
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2010-11-26 14:34:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Malorum said:
Hey i'm interested.

Awesome.
I've done a few NM runs with you so I know you don't play around :)
I think I might wait until the next cap raise to start, just to give me time to get people together and plan things out :)
 Carbuncle.Calem
user: Calem
By Carbuncle.Calem 2010-11-26 15:59:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish I could get involved in this, it sounds like good fun and could be really helpful. Unfortunately I'm still pretty unfamiliar with Abyssea (currently looking to get started on all the good stuff beyond basic exp parties) and I don't think I have the kind of power in my character that you're looking for.

I guess I'll just have to hope this group is still around by the time I've improved enough to be of some use to you. In the meantime, good luck!
 Carbuncle.Ronson
user: ronson
By Carbuncle.Ronson 2010-11-26 17:12:25
Link | Quote | Reply

count me in just had a 2 month break but will be on for sure soon enough.

85 pup
85 sam
85 thf
85 smn

im uk timezone tho so hope that wont stop me from joining in :)
By alucar 2010-11-27 05:40:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Could I join?
RDM, SCH, PUP, BLM 85
By dianara 2010-11-27 05:52:11
Link | Quote | Reply

aiming for 10-12 ppl? fail before it begins lol
[+]
By KarahC 2010-11-29 17:07:50
Link | Quote | Reply

dianara said:

Douchebag's gotta hate right?

Anyway, I sent you a message, guess you didn't get it, or didn't feel like answering, either way, I'd be interested.

I'm taking a decently long break though, since about the first week of Oct til sometime in Dec.

Looking to do RDM and THF. Only one condition I have is yeah I have 10 cap level jobs, but I'm not coming on something I'm not getting the piece of gear for.

Call it bitching (it is what it is) I'm done coming to events on Job A to lot on Job B so that someone who never comes on Job A can lot Job A.

I have no problem coming on B if we have no A, but if You want A loot, you better come on A.

Pretty much specifically rdms.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2010-11-29 21:36:06
Link | Quote | Reply

KarahC said:
dianara said:

I'm not coming on something I'm not getting the piece of gear for.

This is exactly why I stopped levelling BRD at 11.
Sorry I didn't reply to your message, I got it while I was on vacation in Chicago and then when I got back forgot it was there. ^^;
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-11-29 22:31:14
Link | Quote | Reply

sounds awesome too bad im not on your server. I really think they need to lose a few more servers and merge more to get more done..
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [71 days between previous and next post]
 Carbuncle.Lizzy
user: Lizzy
By Carbuncle.Lizzy 2011-02-09 03:06:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm up for this! I really want my +2 armor and it's hard to get people to help. Jobs are: MNK90 and SAM90 and I would be interested in MNK +2 in each area. Just let me know! ^^
 Carbuncle.Kyofooyo
user: Kyofooyo
By Carbuncle.Kyofooyo 2011-02-11 09:15:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Is this still going on? If so, I would be interested
 Bismarck.Faelar
Server: Bismarck
user: Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2011-02-11 09:30:17