Ninian's DNC Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 17 18 19
 Leviathan.Thornyy
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Eriuddo
By Leviathan.Thornyy 2011-03-14 03:14:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I really don't believe there are 20 more useful dominion items that everyone should have, but that's still leaving over 30 spaces of leeway.. unless you can come up with something huge I'm missing, there's less than 0 excuse to have space issues in this day and age.

Using porter moogles is an inconvenience, but it's still not very difficult to keep 3-5 jobs fully geared without them while having the rest of your jobs portered and not getting rid of any vital gear.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
Server: Asura
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-14 03:14:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Btw eat your heart out Dominion hat people

sch cant wear it so invalid!
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-14 03:16:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Thornyy said:
I really don't believe there are 20 more useful dominion items that everyone should have, but that's still leaving over 30 spaces of leeway.. unless you can come up with something huge I'm missing, there's less than 0 excuse to have space issues in this day and age.

Using porter moogles is an inconvenience, but it's still not very difficult to keep 3-5 jobs fully geared without them while having the rest of your jobs portered and not getting rid of any vital gear.
i was basing most of this arguement without the mog satchel since atleast 60% of the community does not have one, i have one myself but has trophies/synths for gandiva/twashtar
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-14 03:19:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Sch can suck my ***. I've been wearing this thing for a good 2+ years now :)
 Leviathan.Thornyy
By Leviathan.Thornyy 2011-03-14 03:20:21
Link | Quote | Reply

If you remove satchel, you can still reasonably gear 12-15 jobs. I was under the impression they were selling tokens again though, I could have swore I saw the advert logging in. Again, unless you can come up with some compelling evidence that I skipped over, space is far more than satisfactory atm. I really don't think there is any, I have all my jobs geared and space free still and I'm a stickler for situational ***.

Dasva said:
Lies and slander, you obtained it at level 80. Can't be more than 18 months old!
[+]
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-14 03:21:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
sch cant wear much of the "best" nuking gear such as eradico mitts (total ***)
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-14 03:24:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Thornyy said:
If you remove satchel, you can still reasonably gear 12-15 jobs. I was under the impression they were selling tokens again though, I could have swore I saw the advert logging in. Again, unless you can come up with some compelling evidence that I skipped over, space is far more than satisfactory atm. I really don't think there is any, I have all my jobs geared and space free still and I'm a stickler for situational ***.

Dasva said:
Lies and slander, you obtained it at level 80. Can't be more than 18 months old!
perhaps, but you have to forgive me this is coming from a player that has dnc gear exceeding 90 slots where you named of 72 and being modest about it, few of which is storable, and fewer is interchangeable with other jobs where the other jobs doesnt have a better gear in slot.
 Leviathan.Thornyy
By Leviathan.Thornyy 2011-03-14 03:27:24
Link | Quote | Reply

All of your MDT and PDT is interchangable. All of your evasion is interchangable. All of your AF3 is storable. The rest of your TP gear is interchangable. Most of your WS gear is interchangable or storable. AF body, relic hat, anwig, plectrum are storable. Roundel is interchangable. Did you read nothing I posted in the last few pages? The only really bad slot overall is weapons, since almost none of them are storable or interchangable.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-14 03:28:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Leviathan.Thornyy said:

Dasva said:
perhaps, but you have to forgive me this is coming from a player that has dnc gear exceeding 90 slots where you named of 72 and being modest about it, few of which is storable, and fewer is interchangeable with other jobs where the other jobs doesnt have a better gear in slot.
read bold
 Leviathan.Thornyy
By Leviathan.Thornyy 2011-03-14 03:30:21
Link | Quote | Reply

If the other job has something better(AF3), said AF3 is storable. Irrelevance.

The only thing I can think of is your MDT set using a lot of the coral harness set, but that's just silliness since you can cap MDT without it. Don't type, think.

Inventory problems are the fault of poor gear choice, poor organization choice, or having 45 signed heart chocolates from the same girl(who probably has a penis in real life).
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-14 03:33:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Thornyy said:
If the other job has something better(AF3), said AF3 is storable. Irrelevance.

The only thing I can think of is your MDT set using a lot of the coral harness set, but that's just silliness since you can cap MDT without it. Don't type, think.
you keep thinking that the only gear that is better than universal is af3, you may want to look around more.....

also yes i havent had coral in a long time and have not really brought it up since im agreeing with you.

ps. please stop being a jackass, it's kind of getting old and im actually enjoying this debate so leave it as a debate rather than attacking item sets that were posted overall several months ago or questioning my thinking skills.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-14 03:33:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Thornyy said:
Dasva said:
Well I could've if I started sooner! But I tried lol weskits and HQ staffs first. Still a long time!
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-14 03:35:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Can you store every peice of af3? And the inconvience of using the porter is on par with muling gear (for the little bit I still can lol)
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-14 03:35:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Can you store every peice of af3?
i believe so, to include af3 acc. and weapons.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-14 03:37:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Well I meant at the same time but yeah. Oh I kinda forgot I have like 15 spaces of seals in progress. And like 5 or so in +2 stuff. ANd until recently I was holding 13 cire lanterns. 4-5 stacks of WoE coins. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU trials
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-14 03:38:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Well I meant at the same time but yeah. Oh I kinda forgot I have like 15 spaces of seals in progress. And like 5 or so in +2 stuff. ANd until recently I was holding 13 cire lanterns. 4-5 stacks of WoE coins. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU trials
and i thought i was a lootwhore >.>;;;;
 Leviathan.Thornyy
By Leviathan.Thornyy 2011-03-14 03:38:53
Link | Quote | Reply

You keep throwing out numbers and mentioning gear, but you never name any of the gear. That takes quite a bit of credibility away from your argument, I made a very inclusive list of inventory usage and have yet to be given decent additions. You questioned my estimate of TP gear, and yet you could not add a single item to it when I listed them. For your side of the debate to have weight, you need to use specifics: Anyone can hold onto a ton of inferior gear and clog up their inventory. I'm stating how to resolve that. If you don't use specifics, much of the stuff you're thinking of is probably irrelevant or wasted space.

This is purely academic for me, I already know my jobs are geared to the teeth and my inventory is under control. I just fail to understand how people with a fraction of the jobs I have and significantly lower gear quality are unable to make space(not a statement toward you, a general statement). When things get brought up, I think to my character and how it's organized:
15 spaces of seals in progress and 5 triggers relevant to what you're doing goes in sack. That's why I allotted additional spaces there. WoE coins and Empyrean mats would just get shoved in storage and come out of the 57 remaining spaces, but it's kind of pointless to farm a large part of your weapon without finishing the ***trials first.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-14 03:40:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Naw more like lots of incomplete sets. Like I keep getting with groups that stop when I'm 1-2 away :(.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-14 03:43:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Thornyy said:
but it's kind of pointless to farm a large part of your weapon without finishing the ***trials first.
Oh that was just from *** around and getting some +2 items and getting a few people zone clears lol.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-14 03:43:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Thornyy said:
You keep throwing out numbers and mentioning gear, but you never name any of the gear. That takes quite a bit of credibility away from your argument, I made a very inclusive list of inventory usage and have yet to be given decent additions. You questioned my estimate of TP gear, and yet you could not add a single item to it when I listed them. For your side of the debate to have weight, you need to use specifics: Anyone can hold onto a ton of inferior gear and clog up their inventory. I'm stating how to resolve that. If you don't use specifics, much of the stuff you're thinking of is probably irrelevant or wasted space.

This is purely academic for me, I already know my jobs are geared to the teeth and my inventory is under control. I just fail to understand how people with a fraction of the jobs I have and significantly lower gear quality are unable to make space(not a statement toward you, a general statement).
i'll try not to take it as such.

i gave you a sample of gear im familiar with at this time that you havent already listed, in addition to some short hand off the top of my head dominion gear. soooooo im not entirely sure where you are getting at with that. also i have already stated i was originally considering without the use of a satchel which puts you in the red, with it you are were you say you're at whilst not going into situational weapons.
 Leviathan.Thornyy
By Leviathan.Thornyy 2011-03-14 03:44:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Wasn't saying your 13 is a big problem, I just mean that you aren't going to be getting 25+ mats without focusing on the NM. If you're focusing on the NM and have inventory issues, the logical solution is to knock out the trials first.

Arguing without satchel is just silly. If you have 20 jobs and started recently enough that you couldn't get a satchel, that sucks but you'll have to make sacrifices. I'm not denying it, it's a clear point. However, I can't name 5 people I know ingame that don't have one.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-14 03:45:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd have to get my spellcast sets to get full liste of weapons... then add the stuff that isn't specifcally on it. Like most the weapons and newer stuff that I've forgotten to add. Then take out redudant peices etc
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-14 03:46:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Naw more like lots of incomplete sets. Like I keep getting with groups that stop when I'm 1-2 away :(.
i was working on my set for blu before i even finished leveling it, after i saw how much ***our ls's blu was getting compared to what i did on dnc i said *** that ***and +20'd my inventory.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-14 03:47:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Thornyy said:
Wasn't saying your 13 is a big problem, I just mean that you aren't going to be getting 25+ mats without focusing on the NM. If you're focusing on the NM and have inventory issues, the logical solution is to knock out the trials first.
Well I had the trials done had actually made WoE version... was just waiting to get help on carabosse :(. Got help litterally a week or 2 after I finally got coins for WoE version :(
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-14 03:48:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
I'd have to get my spellcast sets to get full liste of weapons... then add the stuff that isn't specifcally on it. Like most the weapons and newer stuff that I've forgotten to add. Then take out redudant peices etc
i removed weapons from my dnc's spellcast because i havent figured out a viable way to switch it in such and such situation, i cant recall how many times i had to get pissed at swapping do mdb kila's for such and such NM, waltz find out im wearing a different set of weapons, re-equiping mdb kila's and putting the other weapons in sack before i actually removed weapons all together from my spellcast.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-14 03:50:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Thornyy said:

Arguing without satchel is just silly. If you have 20 jobs and started recently enough that you couldn't get a satchel, that sucks but you'll have to make sacrifices. I'm not denying it, it's a clear point. However, I can't name 5 people I know ingame that don't have one.
leviathan must be riding hot, cause i can name several to include people with the tele-coat.
 Leviathan.Thornyy
By Leviathan.Thornyy 2011-03-14 03:54:35
Link | Quote | Reply

It's still not a very good case, seeing as people without satchel are likely not the people with all jobs leveled/geared properly. I'm sure there are a few people who were either underage and couldn't afford it, decided against it on principle, or just plain grinded all their jobs post-abyssea with how quick the exp is and couldn't get a token. However, if you were to search xiah for players with all jobs 75+ and ask them individually if they have a token I guarantee there will be very few without. This is irrelevant for players with <15 jobs, just a matter of how much gear you want to porter moogle and how much trash you can hang onto even without a satchel.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-14 03:58:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Thornyy said:
It's still not a very good case, seeing as people without satchel are likely not the people with all jobs leveled/geared properly. I'm sure there are a few people who were either underage and couldn't afford it, decided against it on principle, or just plain grinded all their jobs post-abyssea with how quick the exp is and couldn't get a token. However, if you were to search xiah for players with all jobs 75+ and ask them individually if they have a token I guarantee there will be very few without. This is irrelevant for players with <15 jobs, just a matter of how much gear you want to porter moogle and how much trash you can hang onto even without a satchel.
well i suppose that's one thing we'll have to settle with being on the opposite ends of the spectrum about since we cant really honestly prove it either way.
 Leviathan.Thornyy
By Leviathan.Thornyy 2011-03-14 04:00:29
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not very hard to establish a connection between having enough jobs for it to be a legitimate issue and having played a while/caring more about the game. Like I said, I'm sure there are a few exceptions(started recently and burned everything to 90 in a month with how quick abyssea is), but the people with that many jobs are generally not going to fall into the part of the spectrum that was unable to get them.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-14 04:08:34
Link | Quote | Reply

aside from leviathan buying them all out for the past year+ sure
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 17 18 19