First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 17 18 19
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-25 12:05:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Either way epona still wins.

Bleh I forgot to factor out the odds of 2 triple attacks is all.
 Quetzalcoatl.Clydearrowny
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Clydearrowny 2011-02-25 12:06:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I think some of you are calculating independent probability incorrectly. 15% chance of something happening on two independent events doesn't mean there's a 30% chance of it happening. That's like saying you'll always get at least 1 heads within 2 coin tosses because it's a 50% chance for each toss. I think the easiest explanation is listing all possible outcomes and their probabilities.

If TA rate is 15% then:
P(NonTA,NonTA) = .85 x .85 = .7225
P(TA,NonTA) = .15 x .85 = .1275
P(NonTA,TA) = .85 x .15 = .1275
P(TA,TA) = .15 x .15 = .0225
(notice all possible outcomes add up to 100% probability)
P(at least 1 TA) = .1275+.1275+.0225 or 1-.7225 = .2775
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-25 12:12:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Clydearrowny said:
I think some of you are calculating independent probability incorrectly. 15% chance of something happening on two independent events doesn't mean there's a 30% chance of it happening.
True but weight double procs twice as much the math works out to be the same. Which sense you aren't really finding odds of something so much as average number of increase of attack rounds

However yeah in this case can't do that on triple attack with attack round cap. Forgot that in my math
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-02-25 12:51:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Possible combinations:

None/DA (x2) - 1 hit
None/TA (x2) - 2 hits

DA/DA (x1) - 2 hits
DA/TA (x2) - 2 hits (1 wasted)

TA/TA (x1) - 2 hits (2 wasted)

I separated it into 1 and 2 additional hit cases, then just added up the probabilities.

Also, it's true it's not 30%, but it's not that far off.
.15*.85*2 + .15^2 = .2775 with 15% TA (.15^2 lower than .3)
.18*.82*2 + .18^2 = .3276 with 18% TA (.18^2 lower than .36)
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-02-25 15:50:36
Link | Quote | Reply

The Evis set in question is mine. I originally had some gear for capped pDIF in the comments, but it appears that I removed them at some point. Re-adding them now.
 Leviathan.Jesterking
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Jesterking 2011-03-08 15:06:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Since this guide is so good, is there any plans or way to post it on the new "Official Forums"?
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-03-08 15:39:10
Link | Quote | Reply

have you seen the official forums :(

posting on there will just draw the OMG IT'S MY GAME I PLAY HOW I WANT crowd.

Which there are a lot of.

A LOT.

Trust me... though it's kinda fun.
[+]
 Leviathan.Jesterking
By Leviathan.Jesterking 2011-03-08 19:13:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah you're right, I forgot about all the spellcast and windower related stuff. I just figured, since there are so many HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE DNCs out there that posting this somewhere that is advertised by SE, that more people might actually check it out.
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-03-08 19:25:39
Link | Quote | Reply

The official forums are designed so SE can ban people x:
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-03-08 19:27:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:
The official forums are designed so SE can ban people x:
Quoted for *** truth.
[+]
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-03-08 19:32:08
Link | Quote | Reply

ilu Night :O
 Leviathan.Niniann
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-03-08 20:36:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I could maybe post this guide... but shortened, remove cursing and condescending manner and half of the important bits....

But I unfortunately can't post this guide as is on the official forums, lol. No way in hell I'd get banned in 2sec. D:
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-03-08 23:46:59
Link | Quote | Reply

It is possible to post guidelines for Dancer that don't involve Windower and Spellcast, but Dancer is dramatically improved by Spellcast.

I played on PS2 for years, got DNC to (80?) I think on PS2. Swapping to PC with Windower and Spellcast totally changed DNC for me. On PS2, it adds a minimum of 1 second to swap equipment and then use a JA. On PC, it's .25 seconds. I'm heavily limited by the number of macros I can put on one set at the moment anyway, and that's with Spellcast taking care of the swaps for me.

I can't even imagine if I was still hitting "Samba gear" macro followed by "Haste Samba" and "Waltz Gear" followed by Waltz. I didn't even use my Waltz gear half the time on PS2 because waiting for it to swap in killed the benefit of having instant cures.
 Leviathan.Niniann
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-03-08 23:54:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said:
It is possible to post guidelines for Dancer that don't involve Windower and Spellcast, but Dancer is dramatically improved by Spellcast.

I played on PS2 for years, got DNC to (80?) I think on PS2. Swapping to PC with Windower and Spellcast totally changed DNC for me. On PS2, it adds a minimum of 1 second to swap equipment and then use a JA. On PC, it's .25 seconds. I'm heavily limited by the number of macros I can put on one set at the moment anyway, and that's with Spellcast taking care of the swaps for me.

I can't even imagine if I was still hitting "Samba gear" macro followed by "Haste Samba" and "Waltz Gear" followed by Waltz. I didn't even use my Waltz gear half the time on PS2 because waiting for it to swap in killed the benefit of having instant cures.

I played on Xbox for a while (after being used to spellcast ._.) and it was a pain.... it made me not want to do merit parties until I was able to play on my computer again. @_@;

As for the guide if I do end up modifying it/posting it I'll just make it generic. If you really want to do a writeup about making macros for PS2/gimpys you should. It'd probably help someone :<
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-08 23:58:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Never played not on the PC... but not sure about all this waiting for cures and such. It's not that long just without spellcast. Of course the whole full equip change is nice as well as auto switch back
By Wafflechan 2011-03-09 00:09:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I like the guide, had some useful info in it. Probably long since been noticed/probably a tiny pet peeve, mind taking the dusk+1 off of the TP item set lol? As you probably know theyre beyond god awfully rare, suggesting it to one of the 'retard dnc' mentioned numerous times in the commentary might make for some ill advice.

I remember as a noob arguing you could do so much better than (some armor I can't remember) with dusk+1, only to find out they were almost non existant on Asura unless you had a padded wallet when one did arrive on the AH :D.
 Leviathan.Thornyy
user: Eriuddo
By Leviathan.Thornyy 2011-03-09 00:12:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Dusk Gloves+1 are a tier 1 synth with the new stall, meaning they cost between 750k and 2000k on average to make depending on your server. That's not really unobtainable for anyone(if you don't have a friend, add another 300-500k for a crafter tip and you don't even need to know anyone).
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-09 00:16:08
Link | Quote | Reply

4 mil on asura Waffle. A few sold a month. 1 in stock right now
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-03-09 02:46:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Wafflechan said:
I like the guide, had some useful info in it. Probably long since been noticed/probably a tiny pet peeve, mind taking the dusk+1 off of the TP item set lol? As you probably know theyre beyond god awfully rare, suggesting it to one of the 'retard dnc' mentioned numerous times in the commentary might make for some ill advice.

I remember as a noob arguing you could do so much better than (some armor I can't remember) with dusk+1, only to find out they were almost non existant on Asura unless you had a padded wallet when one did arrive on the AH :D.
You do realize there's a NQ TP set in the guide as well, right? The set with Dusk +1 is explicitly stated as "best", ie something you could eventually aim for.
[+]
 Sylph.Priy
Server: Sylph
user: jarredpoe
By Sylph.Priy 2011-03-13 22:34:09
Link | Quote | Reply

OK so I plan on lvling DNC when the servers are back up and using this guide I tried to get the maximum out of just a TP/Solo set and a WS set. I will only be using DNC to duo with my very good THF friend to kill trial NMs to make more emps.

So this is the TP set I came up with. It hits the 26 haste cap and 30 Subtle Blow cap with 57 Eva. I figured I would use Atma of the Razed Ruins, Atma of the Apocalypse, and Atma of the Siren Shadow. As of right now I am missing both daggers, The Charis gear, Zelus Tiara and Alert Ring.

For my WS set I'm trying to use most stuff I already own so to save room. Outside the stuff missing in the TP set I'm only missing the Aesir Ear Pendant for this set.

Does anyone have any suggestions that will possibly make either of these two sets better? I'm def open to suggestions on these two sets but without a doubt have no room to make a Waltz set or anything like that so please just give help on these sets.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-03-13 22:50:01
Link | Quote | Reply

[itemset] [ /itemset]

BBCode for this forum can be found in a link below the Submit button.

TP: Not everything needs eva gear, so make a full damage TP set too (also, Gnarled Horn - and you won't need Siren Shadow most of the time). Auric is pretty bad now, so you'll want to swap that out (STR/DEX/AGI Magian... AGI being particularly efficient as an eva piece, Phurba, Twilight is ok) can change Alert to Heed to compensate for the SB loss (and use Epona's instead as appropriate).

WS: Anguinus Belt (or Cuch/augmented Warwolf if you randomly have them lying around) and Love Torque if you happen to have one would serve you well.

I'd really recommend making room for a waltz set. Doesn't have to be full CHR, but a few Waltz Potency pieces will serve you very well. AF body, AF2 head (assuming you're not going to reaug your MKD hat) is 15% right off the bat on just two items, Phurba's another 10% if you can get it, and there's a few smaller items (Roundel @@; also augmented Dance Shoes, Sonia's Plectrum) from there if you want to push towards the 30% cap.
By Nabis 2011-03-13 23:22:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone know if charis bangles +2 give 10% sc dmg, and if there is a sc dmg cap?
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-03-13 23:23:00
Link | Quote | Reply

OH GOD NABIS WELCOME BACK ILU POST MORE

psmakethreads
[+]
By Nabis 2011-03-13 23:23:42
Link | Quote | Reply

come on let me LIVE!!!
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-03-13 23:24:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Nabis said:
come on let me LIVE!!!

nah, make threads
[+]
 Sylph.Priy
By Sylph.Priy 2011-03-13 23:59:24
Link | Quote | Reply

@ Nightfyre
Thanks for the info about the BBcode.
I changed the dagger to Phurba (which I'll have to get now). Changed to a Heed Ring which I've been using on MNK. I guess the only reason I didn't have it on before was because I wanted to hit the 30 SB cap and the dagger helped do that and the Ring brings me to only 29 but 1 point isn't a big deal I guess.
We were farming KIs and getting ready to trio Kulk for the EE KIs before the servers went down so I will def be getting a Anguinus Belt as soon as they come back up. But sadly I don't have a Love Torque or see myself getting one anytime soon because I don't do Sea atm.
As for the Waltz set, since I'm trading in for Phurba I could get the AF body but like Sea I also don't do Dyna atm so I doubt I'll see the AF2 head anytime soon.
Thanks for the quick info and any other feed back is welcome.
 Leviathan.Thornyy
user: Eriuddo
By Leviathan.Thornyy 2011-03-14 00:15:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, bit off topic, but if you 'dont have room' you have something to work on. There is quite a bit of overlap gear between jobs, and you don't exactly have a ton of them.. if you mean global space you just need to lose the useless gear or use porter moogles more often. If you mean inventory space:

TP: 13 pieces, ~5 swappables
Evasion: 13 pieces, any swappables come from tp set
WS: 13 pieces, ~5 swappables
Waltz: 13 pieces(being generous)
Idle: Evasion set, movement shoes
3 Step accuracy pieces, ~6 m.acc pieces for flourish
MDT: Minervas/Shadow/Twilight/Avalon/3 of (merman's earring/anwig salade/Denali Wristbands/lore+1).. if using this, put away the purely CHR pieces from your waltz set as they have much less impact than the potency ones.

Ideal setup, 72 pieces(less if there's overlap).. add 2 weapons, shihei, toolbag and you still have 4 spaces to move things around. If you carry other weapons, satchel them. Organization is a vital part of being 'good', it doesn't help you very much to have every piece in the game if it takes you 20 minutes to change jobs or you just plain don't use them because of space.

This stuff was a valid excuse before porter moogles and mog sack, but nowadays it's not even close.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-03-14 00:18:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Priy said:
I also don't do Dyna atm so I doubt I'll see the AF2 head anytime soon.
Farm it after the update! But yeah I can understand not going for it right now if you don't do Dyna on a regular basis.

I don't think I was clear about it so I'll restate - concerning Gnarled Horn, the AGI obviously contributes 25 eva which is nice in itself and it's a decent offensive atma too with the critrate. 10% counter is a small bonus and on top of the eva if you're not dAGI capped the 50 AGI will also reduce TP feed. Great atma all around for DNC. RR/GH/Apoc for full DD and RR/GH/Siren Shadow when you need eva would be my recommendations.
 Sylph.Priy
By Sylph.Priy 2011-03-14 00:27:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah that was my plan on the atmas. I should have stated that before. I also plan on TPing in Epona's, Atheling & the such when the NM doesn't have capped Acc.
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 17 18 19