Ninian's DNC Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 17 18 19
 Leviathan.Niniann
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-12-02 18:55:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes there was an attempt but he spelled it wrong or something, so it never went off, lol. And SE interviews never tell everything. :x
[+]
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
Server: Unicorn
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2010-12-02 18:58:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, but then he might have noticed that and tried to recast it with the right spelling afterwards causing the trigger. Just hard to say without more, lol.

And they might not tell everything but they generally don't straight out lie either, lol. All the other info on blue/red seems solid so it'd be odd if only this was incomplete. I'd have to go out and actually buy the guide to see the whole interview though orz.
 Gilgamesh.Thedreamer
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Thedreamer 2010-12-02 18:59:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Man why Se putin -2% if its 2 sec ???
Somethin not right here
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-02 19:02:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Thedreamer said:
Man why Se putin -2% if its 2 sec ???
Somethin not right here
The % is not right, it's -2 seconds. Moving on...
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-12-02 19:04:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
Yeah, but then he might have noticed that and tried to recast it with the right spelling afterwards causing the trigger. Just hard to say without more, lol.

And they might not tell everything but they generally don't straight out lie either, lol. All the other info on blue/red seems solid so it'd be odd if only this was incomplete. I'd have to go out and actually buy the guide to see the whole interview though orz.

Yeah idk, if it ever happens again I'll post a SS (almost never on dnc though ; -;). But I'm pretty sure it was right. Would be interested on the interview if you could get a hold of it though.
 Sylph.Kimble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-12-03 06:51:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Niniann said:
Unicorn.Tarowyn said:

Yeah idk, if it ever happens again I'll post a SS (almost never on dnc though ; -;). But I'm pretty sure it was right. Would be interested on the interview if you could get a hold of it though.

You would think of a random dnc step can trigger yellow, quick draw could too.
 Ragnarok.Kogenta
Server: Ragnarok
user: Kogenta
By Ragnarok.Kogenta 2010-12-03 07:18:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Question: what did you put on your AMK head as second augment? :/ I can't figure out what it would be a useful augment if there is one...
 Asura.Yunalaysca
Server: Asura
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-12-03 07:24:32
Link | Quote | Reply

chr or the enmity+
 Lakshmi.Kitrah
Server: Lakshmi
user: Kitrah
By Lakshmi.Kitrah 2010-12-03 11:56:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I prefer the Etoile Tiara's Waltz potency +5% over Anwig's -2 second Waltz Delay.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2010-12-09 13:09:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I use Etoile Tiara on CW4 and 5 and DW 1 and 2. Anwig on CW1-3 and Healing Waltz.

In any situation where I'm using a high-recast Waltz, I've already abandoned HP/sec cured in favor of a large, TP-efficient cure. Like, I drop Saber Dance and toss a CW5 on myself before putting Saber dance back up. I'm support-healing (we have a WHM) and providing Samba on a NM, and we get hit with a big AoE. Divine Waltz II and back to Saber Dance.

Some things about the guide need to be updated (mostly the focus on DNC healing), but overall it's okay~!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [77 days between previous and next post]
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-02-24 18:15:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bumping my guide for great justice. I fixed a lot, hope I covered everything. inb4 I forgot something important.
[+]
 Ifrit.Zerovirus
Server: Ifrit
user: Vextra
By Ifrit.Zerovirus 2011-02-24 18:20:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Excellent work! Thank you for posting/revising
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-02-24 18:21:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Zerovirus said:
Excellent work! Thank you for posting/revising

^^ You're most welcome~
[+]
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-02-24 18:25:34
Link | Quote | Reply

It needs more consideration for haste proc time and movement speed decay gawd. (You go gurl, keep it up)
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-02-24 18:26:32
Link | Quote | Reply

You forgot to put Coral Rings in your MDT set.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Cesil
user: Valkyrie
By Lakshmi.Cesil 2011-02-24 18:37:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I love this guide :D Thank you for sharing it!!
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-02-24 22:38:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Your evisceration build may be non-ideal. I'm primarily looking at Brutal/Epona's/Love/Cuchulain's.
 Asura.Katniss
Server: Asura
user: Katniss
By Asura.Katniss 2011-02-25 02:37:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Cesil said:
I love this guide :D Thank you for sharing it!!
^
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-25 02:42:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said:
Your evisceration build may be non-ideal. I'm primarily looking at Brutal/Epona's/Love/Cuchulain's.
Epona still probably best on average unless you assume a rediculous double attack rate like from saber dance or that newish ja. Brutal maybe earring slots kinda such. Love is easily the best. Cuch... still most likely best but at least Anguinus Belt comes closish
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-02-25 08:08:11
Link | Quote | Reply

It depends how much you need Attack and what Atmas/buffs you're using. If you value the Attack from Cuchu and Love at nothing, Torque and Gorget beat them for Evisceration, at least with my build. I don't value them at nothing, so I use Love and Cuchu.

Similarly, if you're using Atma of the Apocalypse and Saber Dance, Thundersoul ring beats Epona's. Remember that Evisceration can only benefit from 1 TA or two DAs. If you TA at all (30% chance) then your DA rate doesn't matter. If you DA twice (~9% chance) then your TA rate doesn't matter. In an ideal case Epona's is +.18 fTP, but this case isn't ideal by any stretch of the imagination.

Jupiter's Pearl vs. Brutal I haven't really worked out yet, as I'm still trying to buy a Jupiter's Pearl, but I don't think things look good for Brutal. I'm hesitant to buy an expensive piece of equipment that will become outdated as soon as we stop assuming Atma access, though.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-25 08:14:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh like I said you pretty much have to assume really high double attack for eponas.

As far as love and cuch... assuming capped att is just silly. I'll assume you mean elemental belt and gorget... even with 0 att they come out almost the same. Slightly better if we are doing that really really high triple/double attack rate. And well dncs often tank/solo so saberdance often isn't an option. In fact I know alot of dncs don't merit it anymore

Where are you getting 30% triple attack rate with or without eponas on dnc anyways?

Anyways even an effective increase of only .18 ftp is 2-3% dmg. 7 dex would be more like 1.5%
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-02-25 09:24:50
Link | Quote | Reply

You have two chances to TA, if you TA either of those times, your DA rate doesn't matter. 15% + 15% = 30%. So with Apoc up, 30% of the time it doesn't matter if you were using Saber dance, Brutal, or any DA gear at all. Because of this, Epona's doesn't even come close to approaching the +.18 theoretical fTP it gives to Evisceration. Similarly, because Rudra's is stacked with Striking Flourish and gives DA/TA only one chance to proc, Thundersoul generally wins there too.

Not meritting Saber Dance is stupid, and "because I'm tanking" is a good reason to *use* Saber Dance, not avoid using it.

Depending on your target, Stalwart's and/or Berserk will cap you. I run exactly 600 Attack in my WS gear for Rudra's and Evisceration at the moment with Love/Cuchu, +70 STR from cruor buffs, and Bison steak. Hydra Kofte gets me a little more and I'm a huge fan of the food. Red Curry Buns are the top of the line.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-25 09:29:30
Link | Quote | Reply

You wont be capping att with just 600 on even xp mobs. I run around with 730ish for my CDC build without stalwarts 816ish with and the dmg difference is highly noticable on just xp mobs. Going down more from losing food or triumphant roar makes it go down even more.

Also why so much str? Cruor buffs alone don't give +70
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-02-25 10:03:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Check your cruor buffs in Grauberg/Altepa/Ule. They give +70 with capped influence, which seems to be a constant on Lakshmi.

On NMs, we certainly don't cap attack even with Stalwart's, I'd say.

On trash monsters . . . I'd be unsurprised to find that we do. 600*1.25 = 750 attack, so they could have up to 375 defense and we'd still be okay. With RCBs and Stalwart's, it'd be 792 attack, allowing us to cap on things up to almost 400 defense. I doubt stuff like Detectors have 400 Defense. If you toss Berserk/Stalwarts/RCBs into the equation (because you're mowing down trash monsters, after all), you're looking at over 1000 Attack.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-25 10:05:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk I've mostly been fighting bunnies and puks and it's pretty clear I'm not capping in the mid 700s.

I'm getting 60-65 in new zones more like 40-50 in the 3 before and I think it's just 40 in the first 3...
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-25 10:36:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyways assuming 15% triple attack 0 double attack outside of eponas...

Effective ftp w/o eponas

((1+2*0.15)+(1+2*0.15)4)*0.95= 6.27

Effective ftp w/ eponas

((1+2*0.18+1*0.64*0.03)+(1+2*0.18+1*0.64*0.03)+4)*0.95= 6.42048

So 2.4% increase in dmg.

Let's check dex. Nin uses a 44 dmg dagger with a fstr cap of 12.

Her ws set has +63 dex +"70" from cruor buffs +50 from atmas I'd guess 81 base dex (hard to tell without knowing race I know I have 86 as taru thf so shouldn't be much lower)

So 264 dex 271 with thunder soul

w/ thunder soul

(44 + 12 +.85*.3*271) = 124

w/o thunder soul

(44 + 12 +.85*.3*264) = 123

.81% increase in dmg.

Also side note wouldn't using Atma of the omnipotent over apoc be better? 50 Dex for ws and the haste would let you put in more DW gear
 Sylph.Krsone
Server: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2011-02-25 10:58:48
Link | Quote | Reply

"You can also go farm some Dark Rings in Tahrongi, or even buy a Minerva's Ring!"

Dark rings drop in Konstchat not Tahrongi, its demon rings in Tahrongi.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-02-25 11:44:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, I figured out what was wrong with my spreadsheet. The Evisceration DA/TA rates still referenced my Rudra's set, so I was adding Epona's and nothing was happening. Regardless, it's still not that much of a difference:

I use Twashtar/Fusetto +2 and my DEX works out so DEX+7 is base damage+2.

This is the proper way to calculate Evisceration fTP with DA and TA:
(5+TP_Bonus+2*DA`%*(1-DA`%-TA%)+ 2*[ 2*(1-DA`%-TA%)*TA% + TA%^2 + DA`%^2 + 2*DA`%*TA%]) + 1 for offhand

DA`% = (1-TA%)*(DA%).
(1-DA`%-TA%) = Odds of no additional attack
DA`% = Odds of DA
TA% = Odds of TA

The coefficients generally take care of the number of different ways each case could happen, except the 2*[], which makes it two hits.

Anyway, with 28% base (Saber Dance, Brutal, Atheling) and 15% TA (Apoc Atma), Epona's moves effective fTP from 6.96 to 7.07. That's a 1.6% increase in damage.

Thundersoul moves me from 135 to 137 damage on the main hand and 126 to 128 damage on the off hand, or a 1.5% and 1.6% increase in damage respectively.

So it's barely better to use Epona's than Thundersoul inside Abyssea. Outside Abyssea Epona's gains a lot of ground, but Thundersoul potentially increases crit hit rate.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-25 11:50:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Um your way makes no sense at all. Can't even figure out what crazy stuff you did.

You have ftp of first hit 1.0 from offhand hit and 1.0 each from it being a 5 hit ws for 6.0 unless using ws gorget/belt.

Then add odds of triple attack *2.0 and odds of double attack *1.0 making sure to do triple attack and double attack for each hit.

There is 0 need to even factor in chance no do neither as that adds nothing. Also acc matters
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-02-25 12:00:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Read it again, I don't have time to explain it right now. I explained it well enough that you'll probably be able to understand if you work it out for yourself. What I did compensates for the 8-hit attack round cap. Also, Accuracy doesn't matter for calculating fTP, as it's constant for all swings (unless you WS with less than capped Acc).
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 17 18 19