Ninian's DNC Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 17 18 19
 Leviathan.Thornyy
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Eriuddo
By Leviathan.Thornyy 2011-03-14 04:15:26
Link | Quote | Reply

You really don't have much reading comprehension, do you? As I've now stated 3 times, the majority of the people with enough jobs to be in this situation didn't start in the past year. Those who did are in the severe minority, how many people do you know that started in the last year and still have every job 75+?

Yes, all the newer players are screwed out of a token. However, they aren't the people with 20 jobs fully geared who -need- that satchel to get by on space.
[+]
 Asura.Yunalaysca
Server: Asura
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-14 04:25:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Thornyy said:
You really don't have much reading comprehension, do you? As I've now stated 3 times, the majority of the people with enough jobs to be in this situation didn't start in the past year. Those who did are in the severe minority, how many people do you know that started in the last year and still have every job 75+?

Yes, all the newer players are screwed out of a token. However, they aren't the people with 20 jobs fully geared who -need- that satchel to get by on space.
you realise that last comment was a joke right? already stated we have different views/experiences on the subject of the satchel, ie: i state on asura i have met several people that dont have a satchel that have all jobs 75+ (prior to abyssea mind you)
you state every person you know that has 20 jobs 75+ on leviathan has one.

since you cant really continue this conversation without being a total *** about it, im just going to move on to the next interesting thing.

in summary: if you have 20 jobs with a satchel with it completely geared you should have no invenotory problems, if you dont then perhaps you may have inventory problems and perhaps you may not. got it? cool moving on, ninn you can have your topic back now.
 Leviathan.Thornyy
By Leviathan.Thornyy 2011-03-14 04:31:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, the point was that nobody realistically has inventory problems. Yes, someone, somewhere may have all jobs, the intelligence to gear them and organize them, and still be screwed out of a satchel. That is an exception, the other 99.99% of people need to stop using it as an excuse to use mediocre gear. SE gave us porter moogles, which were a complete and total godsend for those of us with a lot of jobs, and people still find ways to whine about inventory.

But yea, it did get a bit out of hand. Probably was unnecessary to list all appropriate gear/etc, but it does drive the point home that much better and put tangibility on an argument most people consider arbitrary and I can just copypasta it next time this gets brought up somewhere! I realize I'm pretty abrasive, but it's also extremely rude of you to bring up a point I've already addressed 3 times prior(talking about meds, though you almost did the same thing here). It implies you aren't even reading my posts, which I put time and thought into, and are simply struggling for any excuse to be right.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-14 04:34:00
Link | Quote | Reply

having mediocre gear due to inventory is a shitty excuse honestly, i personally use the excuse: i just dont have the inventory to pick up a new job.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-03-14 04:36:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
having mediocre gear due to inventory is a shitty excuse honestly, i personally use the excuse: i just dont have the inventory to pick up a new job.

but what about your ffxiah Achievement rank?!
[+]
 Leviathan.Thornyy
By Leviathan.Thornyy 2011-03-14 04:36:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
I don't get why you'd say this. I just showed you that someone with a satchel can have all 20 jobs geared to an exceptional standard, you failed to come up with even close to the amount of gear required to contradict it, then you try to say you can't fit 4 jobs when you do have a satchel? It's just trying to drag the same argument up all over again ._.;
[+]
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-14 04:40:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Thornyy said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
I don't get why you'd say this. I just showed you that someone with a satchel can have all 20 jobs geared to an exceptional standard, you failed to come up with even close to the amount of gear required to contradict it, then you try to say you can't fit 4 jobs when you do have a satchel? It's just trying to drag the same argument up all over again ._.;
the excuse is mostly a cover up for not wanting to play anything more than what i have, dont tell anyone that btw, im still trying to keep brd hush hush since i dont enjoy playing it either, but if no one knows and i say i got sch dnc and rng, and not mention say......brd i wont have to go brd, this is all from pug, einherjar, dyna etc etc stand points (i dont exactly enjoy some jobs)
 Leviathan.Thornyy
By Leviathan.Thornyy 2011-03-14 04:42:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Makes sense, wasn't sure if you'd just been trolling me the whole time or something. Considering how obscure your jobs are, I guess you'd get no love for any of them if you leveled NIN or WHM or something popular :(
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-14 04:42:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:

but what about your ffxiah Achievement rank?!
as much as i have to hear that stupid biased ranking thing, i couldnt really care, i mean i enjoy sitting at 900+, it attracts less elitist!
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-03-14 04:42:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Thornyy said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:

I have 5 jobs geared and I have inventory-issues.
And I only have a half-*** MDT set to cover multiple jobs.
If a person goes all-out on 4 jobs I can see how that can potentially take up all your space np.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-14 04:44:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Thornyy said:
Makes sense, wasn't sure if you'd just been trolling me the whole time or something. Considering how obscure your jobs are, I guess you'd get no love for any of them if you leveled NIN or WHM or something popular :(
this many times over, i cant remember how many times i was almost convinced to level nin.
 Leviathan.Thornyy
By Leviathan.Thornyy 2011-03-14 04:44:33
Link | Quote | Reply

@Kvazz: Refer back 2 pages. Present a list of 50 items not previously accounted for.

Preferably in PM, I don't feel like explaining to every single person on xiah where they need to cut space and why certain pieces of gear are pointless.
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-14 04:45:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly the porter moogle can be a big enough hassle to be a deterence. Sometimes you need to switch alot and quickly
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-14 04:47:43
Link | Quote | Reply

can you store elemenetal obi's?
 Leviathan.Thornyy
By Leviathan.Thornyy 2011-03-14 04:48:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, SE gave you a near-limitless space saver and your answer to it is 'It's too much trouble.'? I can gear my obscure jobs in less than 10 minutes, and that includes both accessing storage and using porter moogles. RDM, BLM, NIN, WAR, BLU, MNK, THF are all good-to-go without accessing porter, and I really don't think any of my gear is lacking. I don't skip vital sets, use inferior gear, etc to save space.. I just junk trash and keep the rest organized.

Quote:
can you store elemenetal obi's?
No, I personally keep Hyorin/Rairin/Korin/Anrin in sack as most mage jobs are near 80 active inventory and makes more sense to take out if applicable. If you had all 8, might need to put the less useful ones in storage or organize differently than I do.. but again, there're still over 50 spaces unaccounted for.

Think I'm heading off to bed, but if anyone reads through prior posts and still feels they have unsolvable inventory problems, shoot me a PM. I wouldn't even mind giving individual help if you have an altanacubby list of your belongings.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-14 04:54:27
Link | Quote | Reply

lots and lots of

hi-potions!
 Leviathan.Thornyy
By Leviathan.Thornyy 2011-03-14 04:58:12
Link | Quote | Reply

ENM+ for PLD is almost all af and overlap gear, uses about 6 real pieces. Yellow hp set is at most 8 pieces for mages and the accessories cover cure cheat for PLD. RDM tanking is dead, not sure what other job has a real use for an enm set. My DRK shares all the nonstorable gear with my PLD.

(Maybe whooshing with the PLD=useless thing, but mine's still geared so I took it as a serious response.)

Srsly bed now though.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-14 05:04:58
Link | Quote | Reply

10 minutes is too long when they already fighting!
 Phoenix.Kaeoni
Server: Phoenix
user: Malicfayt
By Phoenix.Kaeoni 2011-03-14 05:12:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I have 7 jobs geared currently ready to go though. all 7 of my 90's (and 85 drk) I can probably do one more job if i tried.

Back on topic kinda... the delay reduction cap is 80% is it not? the exact number would be nice to add so people can customize their TP sets accordingly to what buffs they have for different situations. Its pretty cool the options Dnc has delay wise ie haste samba, Charis neck/body, so it's nice to know what your options are for optimization since ideal sets are in fact ideal after all. At one point or another, none of us have everything we'd like to have for any of our jobs and we can still pull off capped haste set with ect% dual wield regardless of having the "best", so i just thought that would be a good idea.

I only briefly skimmed the in between pages so forgive me if this was already brought up.
 Leviathan.Niniann
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-03-14 05:32:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kaeoni said:
I only briefly skimmed the in between pages so forgive me if this was already brought up.

It was~ Under the little tab bolded "please read before you continue" lol~ >:3

Also inventory is srs business.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-03-14 05:38:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont wanna store away gear for jobs I currently play, and not everything in my moghouse is gear I use, some of them are old signed items etc I dont wanna toss away.
Not EVERYTHING in your moghouse is stuff you use for your jobs, that takes up alot of space too, atleast for me.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-03-14 07:00:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Sets: (16 items)
AF3 head/body/hands/legs/feet/neck/ammo
AF2 head/body/legs/feet/back
AF1 head/body/hands/feet

TP gear: (11)
Twashtar
Offhand Dagger
Wivre gorget
Suppanomimi
Brutal earring
Loki's Kaftan
Dusk gloves +1
Epona's ring
Rajas Ring
Atheling mantle
Twilight belt

Evasion gear: (10)
Fugacity Beret
Torero Torque
Novia earring
Musical earring
Antares Harness
Slither gloves
Heed ring
Fugacity Mantle
Scouter's Rope
Ballerines

WS gear: (12)
Thew bomblet
Aias Bonnet
Love Torque
Aesir Ear Pendant
Moonshade Earring
Mirke Wardecors
Ample Gloves
Pyrosoul ring
Thundersoul ring
Warwolf belt
Cuchulain's belt
Tumbler's Trunks

Waltz gear: (9)
Sonia's Plectrum
Anwig Salade
Temperance Torque
Roundel Earring
Dawnsoul ring
Veela Ring
Aristo belt
Desultor Tassets
Dance shoes

Step Acc: (4) - I go light on this and don't really regret it.
Sharpeye Mantle
Ziei Charm
Choreia Earring
Anguinus Belt

Utsu casting: (1)
M. Bead Necklace

MDT: (6)
Dark Ring
Dark Ring (10% total and 11% PDT)
Twilight Torque
Avalon Breastplate
Denali gloves
Merman's Earring

MAcc: (3) - I don't bother with Nebula crap
Artemis' Medal
Balrahn's Ring
Omega ring

Consumables: (2)
Echo drops
Shihei

I'm sure I use other gear too, but that makes 75 pieces. I only listed things the first time they were used, obviously. Dropping gorgets and belts from my WS set has made me space lately.
By Nabis 2011-03-14 07:26:35
Link | Quote | Reply

u r the second person to say dont use ws gorgets i thought they where good for mod or in my case increasing sc dmg

Edit: i like the 25% sc dmg so i keep +1 hands in
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-03-14 08:01:48
Link | Quote | Reply

They don't directly increase skillchain damage, except as a function of increasing WS damage. When I do math on it, I generally find Love Torque and Cuchulain's belt beat the gorgets. DNC isn't exactly rolling in Attack.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-14 08:06:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Gorget/belts never were the best ws peices. Mostly they used to be nice since they gave acc and some dmg. And nowadays you shouldn't need the acc and with the most common ws nowadays either having higher stat mods or higher ftp or both it just makes elemental belt/gorgets worse. Oh not to mention the much higher rates of double/triple attack
 Sylph.Beelshamen
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2011-03-14 08:14:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Can I be the one that didn't read?
By Nabis 2011-03-14 08:19:29
Link | Quote | Reply

so what would be the best posible piece for neck/waist for dnc ws?
 Unicorn.Leoheart
Server: Unicorn
user: Leoheart
By Unicorn.Leoheart 2011-03-14 08:20:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Nabis said:
so what would be the best posible piece for neck/waist for dnc ws?

Love torque and Cuchulainn's belt?
god if I know about dnc lol
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-03-14 09:57:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, Love Torque and either Cuchu, Anguinus, or an Attack augmented Warwolf's.

Also, one more set I didn't think of earlier because I don't need it at the same time as my other set. Aeolian Edge!

Aeolian Edge: (8)
Martial Knife
Para +2
Ugg Pendant
Hecate's Earring
Novio Earring
Demon's Ring
Demon's Ring
Soil belt

Still, you toss more consumables into my other set (Bags of Shihei, Food, Holy Water) and you hardly have any space at all for items that drop.
 Leviathan.Thornyy
By Leviathan.Thornyy 2011-03-14 17:08:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
10 minutes is too long when they already fighting!
If you're needed to proc something, go naked and take applicable weapons out of sack en route. If you're needed for backup, idk where that would apply. Tiamat and the like aren't exactly camped any more, and if they were, they use pretty standard jobs(DD, RDM, THF, done.. can skip the DD for kings).

@Byrth:

Food is used at most every 30 minutes(I'm sure someone will mention cookies, so in advance, no good player uses them shut up). No reason to keep it in active inventory.

Not seeing why you'd need both thundersoul and pyrosoul ring for WS, especially considering you previously listed Rajas. Evisceration, Rudra's Storm, Shark Bite, and Pyrrhic Kleos all benefit more from 5 DEX than 2 STR even in uncapped fSTR, so the obvious choices are Rajas/Epona's, Rajas/Thundersoul, Thundersoul/Epona's. If for whatever reason you're using Dancing Edge, you already carry a Dawnsoul(though if you didn't, you still wouldn't use pyro). A minerva's ring would save 1-2 spaces on your MDT set, depending on whether the dark rings are 4-6% or 5-5. I can see not wanting to do that because of PDT I guess, but there's not much of anything DNC is better off using PDT than evasion for.

As you mentioned, edge set is only applicable for amber/aoeing/brew, so in those cases you have ample time to put away your other WS gear and take it out. If you carry toolbags, holy waters, and drop the pyrosoul ring, you'd still have 4 spaces to lot things(which you can just put in sack anyway.. don't need to have them on you). You could also lose warwolf belt whenever in abyssea, unless you use pyrrhic kleos cuchulain's is universally better.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 17 18 19