Can We Delete Our Own Topics Soon?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXIAH.com » Suggestions » Can we delete our own topics soon?
Can we delete our own topics soon?
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
Server: Midgardsormr
Game: FFXI
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-02-07 16:08:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I just noticed that we can't delete topics. I don't know if this was intentional or not, but I was wondering if we can gain that function?
 Garuda.Antipika
Server: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-02-07 16:41:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Sectumsempra said:
I just noticed that we can't delete topics. I don't know if this was intentional or not, but I was wondering if we can gain that function?

If nobody replied yet why not, otherwise no. As soon as someone posted on it you shouldn't have the right to delete anything. You're not the own moderator of your topic.
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-02-07 16:43:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Antipika said:
If nobody replied yet why not, otherwise no. As soon as someone posted on it you shouldn't have the right to delete anything. You're not the own moderator of your topic.

So basically, you just screwed Sectum up by being the first reply.
 Garuda.Antipika
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-02-07 16:55:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg said:
So basically, you just screwed Sectum up by being the first reply.

I guess :] At best a member should only be allowed to ask a moderator for a thread lock, mod will review thread and lock if necessary (mistake / wrong forum).

Deletion shouldn't even exists on a decent "non anonymous" board. Lock & archive. Unless spam bot...

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Hades.Triet
Server: Hades
user: Sirseiko
By Hades.Triet 2009-02-07 17:31:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope so. We need to get rid of the "Anybody banned cuz dupe?" topic. People seem to not understand what's done is done. They can't do anything to change it; it's old news. Someone please lock the topic or something.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-02-07 17:40:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd like to be able to delete other ppls topics o.o/

j/k
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-02-07 19:04:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Zanno said:
I'd like to be able to delete other ppls topics o.o/ j/k

If we could delete other people's topics, every single one of Malekith's and mine would be deleted every time it was started.

Then nobody would be able to suggest anything.
 Unicorn.Tavlov
Server: Unicorn
user: Tomas
By Unicorn.Tavlov 2009-02-07 19:27:35
Link | Quote | Reply

lol
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2009-02-07 19:56:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg said:
Zanno said:
If we could delete other people's topics, every single one of Malekith's and mine would be deleted every time it was started. Then nobody would be able to suggest anything.

Awl...... hehe.. Oh Korpg...You and Malekith in my books are def #1 in my friendlist invites..

Speaking of that I have to jot your names down and when i'm online tonight after my Tim Horton Coffee Run, I'm gonna add you two clowns... to my f list even though you guys are across servers. I d liek to keep track of you guys across servers...

ahh hell in my good mood, in what I said.. hit me up if you want to be added to my f list.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-02-07 19:59:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I completely agree with Antipika. The moment somebody replies to a thread, nobody has the right to delete it except moderators. People could so easily post a thread about something and have it turn into a big discussion. If they don't like some of the responses they get, they take their *** into their hand and delete the thread and everyone elses's responses.

If nobody replies, go ahead, but if someone replies, thread's now theirs as much as it is the OP's, and it's unfair for the OP to be able to delete everyone else's opinions "because they don't like their thread anymore".

Being able to delete topics before anyone's replied might be a good idea. I noticed a typo in the title of one of my topic's once and felt really embarressed that I couldn't change it.
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-02-07 20:09:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, should have mentioned that before--I feel so newbish that I forgot--about the whole post thing >_>;-- of course it wouldn't be a full powered nuke button. My bad!
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-02-07 21:19:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Neonracer said:
Korpg said:
Zanno said:
If we could delete other people's topics, every single one of Malekith's and mine would be deleted every time it was started. Then nobody would be able to suggest anything.

Awl...... hehe.. Oh Korpg...You and Malekith in my books are def #1 in my friendlist invites..

Speaking of that I have to jot your names down and when i'm online tonight after my Tim Horton Coffee Run, I'm gonna add you two clowns... to my f list even though you guys are across servers. I d liek to keep track of you guys across servers...

ahh hell in my good mood, in what I said.. hit me up if you want to be added to my f list.

Lol! Neon, you're funny^^ It's heartwarming reading this instead of "SO HERES WHY UR WRONG" XD I love coffee, grab me a cup~!
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-02-07 21:23:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:
I completely agree with Antipika. The moment somebody replies to a thread, nobody has the right to delete it except moderators. People could so easily post a thread about something and have it turn into a big discussion. If they don't like some of the responses they get, they take their *** into their hand and delete the thread and everyone elses's responses.

If nobody replies, go ahead, but if someone replies, thread's now theirs as much as it is the OP's, and it's unfair for the OP to be able to delete everyone else's opinions "because they don't like their thread anymore".

Being able to delete topics before anyone's replied might be a good idea. I noticed a typo in the title of one of my topic's once and felt really embarressed that I couldn't change it.

haha, actually yeah.... I would like to be able to edit the TITLES to my own topics as well, but as for the topic at hand--I'm perfectly fine with PMing the mods when something happens. If I'm being unreasonably judgmental, the mods have the ultimate unbiased choice of whether or not the thread deserves to be closed.
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-02-10 13:37:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg said:
Zanno said:

If we could delete other people's topics, every single one of Malekith's and mine would be deleted every time it was started.

Then nobody would be able to suggest anything.

Even days later the smell of your idiocy still lingers...

Dude, I don't know what your obsession is with me, but not everything I post is moronic or is a slam on you. Actually I'd love it if I didn't have to be associated with you...
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-02-10 14:11:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I just think it's funny that both Malekith and Korpg are from the same server. >.>
 Unicorn.Tavlov
Server: Unicorn
user: Tomas
By Unicorn.Tavlov 2009-02-10 14:52:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Irony