Will PLD Be Useful Again At Lvl 99?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Will PLD be useful again at lvl 99?
Will PLD be useful again at lvl 99?
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 24 25 26
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-10-13 00:30:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Bigpun said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Titan.Darkwizardzin said:
Soooo apparently using a weapon that does a little less damage just to make an NM use his aoe tp moves less is a bad move if you have a fireset. Never mind the fact that its an aoe nor the fact that fireset or not you will still take more damage over time by feeding monsters more tp.
Considering PLD is a great DD thanks to bonus Atonement damage, uh yeah? Joyeuse is giving it like 6tp a hit, if you have other DDs in range of GoH, to TP, it's going to spam it anyway.

ya ur right thats y ur DD dont tp on it, if u have DD they jus ws and get tp on other mobs or come sam or /sam, and smn r best for it cuz no hate bouncing and lots of dmg

i swear there is a correlation between using full words and knowing what the ***
[+]
 Cerberus.Lightvision
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Lightvision 2010-10-13 00:31:19
Link | Quote | Reply

PLD is still usefull in Abyssea its more of cure spamming than anything else. basically if you have 15mp/tick refresh from atmas +refresh2 + Ballad3 + gear/traits.

cancel you HP buff > Cure4 > repeat you can easilly use this as a cure cheat and keep your enmity capped all the time on top of that you can tank without using atonement too, seriously if you cant tank in abyssea on PLD maybe you should gtfo off PLD.

basically the easiest way to tank is
1. cancel you HP buff
2. Cure4
3. repeat
4. Keep an eye on your shaddows
5. forget everything else

there are risks of doing this on mobs with high dmging AoE but with decent players it should not be a worry
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-10-13 00:31:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Titan.Bigpun said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Soooo apparently using a weapon that does a little less damage just to make an NM use his aoe tp moves less is a bad move if you have a fireset. Never mind the fact that its an aoe nor the fact that fireset or not you will still take more damage over time by feeding monsters more tp.
Considering PLD is a great DD thanks to bonus Atonement damage, uh yeah? Joyeuse is giving it like 6tp a hit, if you have other DDs in range of GoH, to TP, it's going to spam it anyway.

ya ur right thats y ur DD dont tp on it, if u have DD they jus ws and get tp on other mobs or come sam or /sam, and smn r best for it cuz no hate bouncing and lots of dmg

i swear there is a correlation between using full words and knowing what the ***

^ Words of wisdom.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-10-13 00:32:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Lightvision said:
PLD is still usefull in Abyssea its more of cure spamming than anything else. basically if you have 15mp/tick refresh from atmas +refresh2 + Ballad3 + gear/traits.

cancel you HP buff > Cure4 > repeat you can easilly use this as a cure cheat and keep your enmity capped all the time on top of that you can tank without using atonement too, seriously if you cant tank in abyssea on PLD maybe you should gtfo off PLD.

basically the easiest way to tank is
1. cancel you HP buff
2. Cure4
3. repeat
4. Keep an eye on your shaddows
5. forget everything else
RDM can do this too!
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-10-13 00:32:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Titan.Bigpun said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:

So true...
[+]
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-10-13 00:33:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Bigpun said:
i was a lil less then that cuz we had relic brd, so with them and a rdm i didnt have to worry bout being low on mp and that helped reduce dmg more

I just don't see the point in opting to take more damage and lose more enmity through doing so. Which kinda loses MP anyway, so yeah.
[+]
Server: Titan
user: batboy267
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2010-10-13 00:36:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
I hear they came out with this awesome new spell called Stun.
Troll harder why don't you.
There's that trolling = truth thing again.

If it's that much of a problem you shouldn't be *** meleeing to begin with. Either way, you lose.

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
I hear they came out with this awesome new spell called Stun
lets see... stating the obvious in a douchebag tone... yep I'd say that is trolling.

Unless you are using an on event program people can mess up and sometimes not stun in time (human error) and on those rare times GoH will go off. I don't see the problem with lessening a monster's tp gain because overall it makes the fight run smoover.
 Titan.Bigpun
user: Paidan
By Titan.Bigpun 2010-10-13 00:37:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Titan.Bigpun said:
i was a lil less then that cuz we had relic brd, so with them and a rdm i didnt have to worry bout being low on mp and that helped reduce dmg more
I just don't see the point in opting to take more damage and lose more enmity through doing so. Which kinda saves MP anyway, so yeah.

u dont really loose the hate though since its not a true physical attack while its flying. ive used the IR set with another pld using the fire resist and i was having an easier time holding hate then they were.
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-13 00:38:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Suddenly, everyone's on Bahamut. WHAT IS THIS
You should come too! Totally got Raen wlegs, he was all scared of Kirin too. Fenrir was my second choice though :o
Saw you guys went 2/2, hot stuff!
Yeah take me with you next time!!! I got a pop set and can coontribute more than that thf!!!
Could probably kill that for you I'm sure. I'd ask the Brit though
Sweet titties. Might even farm pops and stuff with you if you want and if I'm free and ls isn't doing anything lol
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-10-13 00:38:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd rather kill it faster lowering the overall GoHs it can use than have a PLD idle tank it. 90% of shells have all their DDs on it full time and like to kill in <10mins.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-10-13 00:39:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
lets see... stating the obvious in a douchebag tone... yep I'd say that is trolling.

don't say something that invites an obvious statement?
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-10-13 00:40:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I never said it was or wasn't trolling (I'd say it's not since I'm at least attempting to be informative, but that's your call), just that it was true.

Quote:
Unless you are using an on event program people can mess up and sometimes not stun in time (human error) and on those rare times GoH will go off.
Should survive it anyway honestly. Tarus might not, idk.

Quote:
I don't see the problem with lessening a monster's tp gain because overall it makes the fight run smoover.
Because 99% of the time you'll benefit more from killing it faster.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-10-13 00:41:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Bigpun said:
u dont really loose the hate though since its not a true physical attack while its flying.
wat

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

don't say something that invites an obvious statement?
Also this.
 Cerberus.Vaness
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Vaness 2010-10-13 00:42:29
Link | Quote | Reply

PLD usefull atm? not really unless you wanna duo some stuff that cant be done as rdm (oh wait I think everything can be done as rdm =/) but SE said several new HNMS for last update.As far as im concerned, pld always has been hnmls best tank job.So maybe (MAYYYYYBEE) they will come back in force? I dunnp ;3 kinda hoping for all my pld friend out there ; ;
 Titan.Bigpun
By Titan.Bigpun 2010-10-13 00:42:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
I'd rather kill it faster lowering the overall GoHs it can use than have a PLD idle tank it. 90% of shells have all their DDs on it full time and like to kill in <10mins.

hell ya i agree, if u got the ppl 2 do a full out zerg go for it, but the issue is if u r low on stunner u dont wanna go tp crazy cuz its gonna spam it and u wont stop em all and thats jus asking for a wipe. in a situation like that doing what u can to reduce tp feed is best and jus kill a lil slower
 Titan.Bigpun
By Titan.Bigpun 2010-10-13 00:45:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
I never said it was or wasn't trolling (I'd say it's not since I'm at least attempting to be informative, but that's your call), just that it was true.
Quote:
Unless you are using an on event program people can mess up and sometimes not stun in time (human error) and on those rare times GoH will go off.
Quote:
I don't see the problem with lessening a monster's tp gain because overall it makes the fight run smoover.

ive seen a few shells wipe cuz they lost their healers from GoH
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2010-10-13 00:45:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre[/quote said:
Titan.Bigpun said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
hell ya i agree, if u got the ppl 2 do a full out zerg go for it, but the issue is if u r low on stunner u dont wanna go tp crazy cuz its gonna spam it and u wont stop em all and thats jus asking for a wipe. in a situation like that doing what u can to reduce tp feed is best and jus kill a lil slower
 Titan.Bigpun
By Titan.Bigpun 2010-10-13 00:47:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Aiyana said:
Titan.Bigpun said:
*HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE ****
Uhh. I just. What? I mean. Huh. Just. No, why? Do you re-? Ah *** it. You don't have enough intelligence to respond anyway.

lol
 Bahamut.Aiyana
user: Aiyanna
By Bahamut.Aiyana 2010-10-13 00:48:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Bigpun said:
Bahamut.Aiyana said:
Titan.Bigpun said:
Uhh. I just. What? I mean. Huh. Just. No, why? Do you re-? Ah *** it. You don't have enough intelligence to respond anyway.

lol
[+]
 Titan.Prefalin
user: Prefalin
By Titan.Prefalin 2010-10-13 00:48:22
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-13 00:48:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Quote:
Quote:
Actually I've ate GoHs without resist set or shell V barfira barfira MDB gear etc on rdm at 75 as a taru.

Also the faster only works if you have the support to support it lol. Actually the only thing I could see faster making easier most the time is just zerging thru bad parts like chainspell or not raging or before you run out of resources like mp.

Zergs can really go either way bad things can happen and everyone dies with the same setup you could've slowly killed the same thign with easy. Chainspell meh you got me there. And really your goal in a fight should be self sustaining anyways if you are going to fight for awhile. And lowering the amount of dmg taken just makes that easier.

But if you can get away with faster and have the manpower to do it go for it. But if you don't then limit tp feed.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-10-13 00:48:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Bigpun said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:

if a paladin insisted on using a single hit sword the last 25% of cerb with a group lowman enough that GOH was a threat(in which case i doubt i'd be using a pld)

i'd think it was kinda silly but not exactly ridiculous

that's not what you said, though.

Titan.Bigpun said:
the haute gives me a higher dps without feeding a lot of tp like joytoy

you said that haute gave a higher DPS than joytoy

nice attempt at backpedaling it into something almost sort of kind of reasonable though
[+]
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-10-13 00:48:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Bigpun said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:

Okay... So you have only 2 stunners. Zerg till the second stun is used and back the *** off. SORTED
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2010-10-13 00:48:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Aiyana said:
Titan.Bigpun said:
Uhh. I just. What? I mean. Huh. Just. No, why? Do you re-?

Ah *** it. You don't have enough intelligence to respond anyway.
Great another troll... if you didn't think it was worth saying anything why even post?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-10-13 00:49:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre[/quote said:
Titan.Bigpun said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Hey I can do that too!

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
If it's that much of a problem you shouldn't be *** meleeing to begin with. Either way, you lose.
[+]
 Bahamut.Aiyana
By Bahamut.Aiyana 2010-10-13 00:50:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Aiyana said:
Titan.Bigpun said:
Uhh. I just. What? I mean. Huh. Just. No, why? Do you re-?

Ah *** it. You don't have enough intelligence to respond anyway.
Great another troll... if you didn't think it was worth saying anything why even post?

I would post something to contribute, but I couldn't understand what the hell Bigpun was saying. And what little I could understand from that complete failure of the English language, was so utterly pathetic and stupid that I was completely dumbfounded.
[+]
 Titan.Bigpun
By Titan.Bigpun 2010-10-13 00:53:08
Link | Quote | Reply

it doesnt matter if u slow down tp feed at the end, its how much u do right from the start. and as for the higher dps ya i was right, it has a higher dps then the trial sword or the mac, of course the joytoy would have a higher dps cuz its a multi hit. but as i staed there r a lot of HNM's that u dont wanna feed tp, the rest of then ya u would use a joytoy to burn em down with atonement
 Bahamut.Aiyana
By Bahamut.Aiyana 2010-10-13 00:54:53
Link | Quote | Reply

HNM is serious business at 85. Not as if most of them aren't trio-able without a PLD.
Then again, most HNM don't even drop anything worth killing them for. (Cereberus, Khimaera, etc)
So.. Why care?

EDIT: Translation: Nobody gives a damn about HNM but the morons still doing it for whatever reason. And most of them can easily be dispatched by 3-6 players.
[+]
 Titan.Bigpun
By Titan.Bigpun 2010-10-13 00:55:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Aiyana said:
HNM is serious business at 85. Not as if most of them aren't trio-able without a PLD. Then again, most HNM don't even drop anything worth killing them for. (Cereberus, Khimaera, etc) So.. Why care?
i agree thats y we dont bother doin em anymore lol. there isnt any money in em cept for selling the e body from nid
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 24 25 26