Will PLD Be Useful Again At Lvl 99?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Will PLD be useful again at lvl 99?
Will PLD be useful again at lvl 99?
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 24 25 26
 Siren.Stewie
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Stewie
By Siren.Stewie 2010-10-12 21:30:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Piraal said:

I don't need you to fill in your item sets to see what you have for the job, it's all in your gear history... your missing a hell of alot more then dusk+1, and relic, but hey if you really think your ninja is alot better geared then anyone that doesn't have dusk+1, and a relic I really couldn't care less to be honest. You yourself made the point with your any DD/NIN can tank comment, hell I know a DNC that would keep hate better then your ninja, I mean really ninja is the most useless job in the game, which brings me back to my first point lol...ninja calling pld useless is funny as hell.

Also, afaik, NIN is the best, or second to MNK dd in the game atm.
[+]
 Diabolos.Piraal
Server: Diabolos
user: Piraal
By Diabolos.Piraal 2010-10-12 21:33:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Again... cool story
 Siren.Stewie
By Siren.Stewie 2010-10-12 21:33:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Piraal said:
Siren.Stewie said:
Diabolos.Piraal said:
Siren.Stewie said:
Hey kettle!! your black!!
Cool story
What?

Right over your head huh?

lol... thats ok.

You're implying I'm mad, when I'm not, and you clearly are.
[+]
 Bahamut.Aiyana
Server: Bahamut
user: Aiyanna
By Bahamut.Aiyana 2010-10-12 21:35:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Stewie said:
Diabolos.Piraal said:

I don't need you to fill in your item sets to see what you have for the job, it's all in your gear history... your missing a hell of alot more then dusk+1, and relic, but hey if you really think your ninja is alot better geared then anyone that doesn't have dusk+1, and a relic I really couldn't care less to be honest. You yourself made the point with your any DD/NIN can tank comment, hell I know a DNC that would keep hate better then your ninja, I mean really ninja is the most useless job in the game, which brings me back to my first point lol...ninja calling pld useless is funny as hell.

Also, afaik, NIN is the best, or second to MNK dd in the game atm.

I'd say it's tough to pin down. MNK is winning handily, but war and sam are still up there. A well-geared NIN with the proper crit atma is a monster however, and likely moved up a few ranks with the advent of Abyssea.
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2010-10-12 21:44:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Yinsha said:
I like how all the ninja haters don't even know how to play ninja.
hey did u solo .. whats the official word? :)
 Fenrir.Yinsha
Server: Fenrir
user: Yinsha
By Fenrir.Yinsha 2010-10-12 21:44:43
Link | Quote | Reply

@Byakko Wiped solo. Attempting with bard in a second.
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2010-10-12 21:46:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Yinsha said:
/comfort
I give you props for trying though. =)

Edit: what got you was he too fast, not enough eva?
Server: Titan
user: batboy267
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2010-10-12 21:46:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Yinsha said:
So much from byakko having crapy acc. :/
 Bahamut.Aiyana
By Bahamut.Aiyana 2010-10-12 21:47:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Darkwizardzin said:
Fenrir.Yinsha said:

20% is the lower threshold of accuracy. Likewise, evasion caps at 80%.
Byakko still hits relatively hard for Curing Waltz II to handle, and Triple Attacks frequently.
[+]
 Fenrir.Yinsha
By Fenrir.Yinsha 2010-10-12 21:48:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Aiyana said:
Fenrir.Yinsha said:

Byakko still hits relatively hard for Curing Waltz II to handle, and Triple Attacks frequently.
Was mainly him spamming Diaga III lol
 Bahamut.Aiyana
By Bahamut.Aiyana 2010-10-12 21:50:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Yinsha said:
Bahamut.Aiyana said:
Fenrir.Yinsha said:

Healing waltz! I wouldn't think Diaga would be as bad as Banishga (Which still freaking hurts.)
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2010-10-12 21:51:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Aiyana said:
Fenrir.Yinsha said:
Bahamut.Aiyana said:
Fenrir.Yinsha said:

Healing waltz! I wouldn't think Diaga would be as bad as Banishga (Which still freaking hurts.)
GUessing triple attack when shadows down = dead ninjar
 Fenrir.Yinsha
By Fenrir.Yinsha 2010-10-12 21:52:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Angelskiss said:
Bahamut.Aiyana said:
Fenrir.Yinsha said:
Bahamut.Aiyana said:
Fenrir.Yinsha said:

GUessing triple attack when shadows down = dead ninjar
Yup..
 Diabolos.Piraal
By Diabolos.Piraal 2010-10-12 21:53:28
Link | Quote | Reply

No question MNK, SAM, WAR,& RNG would all beat NIN by a pretty big margin, saying ninja is the best or even the 2nd best DD in the game is just foolish.

[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-10-12 21:54:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Piraal said:
No question MNK, SAM, WAR,& RNG would all beat NIN by a pretty big margin, saying ninja is the best or even the 2nd best DD in the game is just foolish.

lol

Not gonna pass judgement either way on NIN aside from that, as I need to read up on AF3... but you might be surprised, just saying.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-10-12 21:54:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Big margin? No.
 Bahamut.Aiyana
By Bahamut.Aiyana 2010-10-12 21:55:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Piraal said:

I think NIN may be beating RNG lately, not sure..

NIN did get pushed up a fair bit, but so did all of the other jobs.

Not really worth debating at this point. More updates are expected, so we'll see what happens then. however I do agree, NIN is not on top and likely not in second.
 Siren.Stewie
By Siren.Stewie 2010-10-12 21:58:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Piraal said:

Average geared, maybe, but still not by a huge margin. But can SAM and WAR really keep up with -75% delay on top of capped haste when NIN is geared correctly?
[+]
 Fenrir.Yinsha
By Fenrir.Yinsha 2010-10-12 21:59:49
Link | Quote | Reply

RIP me
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-10-12 22:00:46
Link | Quote | Reply

NIN got DW V this update and can get a very high level of DW from gear with HQ's. Jin isn't that bad given Atmas (VV + RR sup). I'd still rank your average NIN towards the back of the pack, but an aggressively geared NIN certainly has potential and is certainly one of the better DD tanks. MNK pulls away in both categories but that's no surprise... it's where it stacks up compared to everything else that needs to be examined.
[+]
 Phoenix.Excelior
Server: Phoenix
user: Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-10-12 22:04:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
NIN got DW V this update and can get a very high level of DW from gear with HQ's. Jin isn't that bad given Atmas (VV + RR sup). I'd still rank your average NIN towards the back of the pack, but an aggressively geared NIN certainly has potential and is certainly one of the better DD tanks. MNK pulls away in both categories but that's no surprise... it's where it stacks up compared to everything else that needs to be examined.

What do you think the strongest DD for abysea is?
 Diabolos.Piraal
By Diabolos.Piraal 2010-10-12 22:04:38
Link | Quote | Reply

well yeah, i'm talking about top geared sam, war, or mnk, compared to top geared ninja'a, all those other jobs will kill ninja, sure I know some good ninja's that will do ok versus your avg. sam(we all know there a dime a dozen, and most don't know what there doing), but top geared players, ninja can't keep up, i'm sorry, but its true.
[+]
 Siren.Stewie
By Siren.Stewie 2010-10-12 22:08:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

How would I math it with perfect conditions? Links to formulas would be fine, I assume they're somewhere on wiki?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-10-12 22:20:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Excelior said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

I'm still feeling MNK for that spot. Fudo + 5 hit builds for everyone gives SAM some serious ammo to work with but I've a feeling Victory Smite is equally hot. OAT DRG is up there too. It's a fairly close race at the moment though.

Siren.Stewie said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

How would I math it with perfect conditions? Links to formulas would be fine, I assume they're somewhere on wiki?
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Tactical_Points
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/PDIF
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Weapon_Rank
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/FSTR
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/WSC
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Base_Damage
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Calculating_Weapon_Skill_Damage
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Critical

Are the ones you want off the top of my head, and you'll also want to look at atmas given that Abyssea comprises a large part of current content at the moment. Voracious Violet + Razed Ruin is the big combo for crit WS jobs at the moment, VV + Stout Arm for SAM. When calculating rounds to WS, remember that DA, Regain (if VV atma), hitrate, and TP return on WS all lead to inconsistent rounds to WS... you'll need to find the average number including overflow as appropriate.

Basically:

damage per TP hit (base damage * pDIF, include critrate)
average rounds to WS
WS damage ((D + fSTR + WSC) * pDIF, critrate again since Jin)
average rounds and number of WS in a given timeframe
account for JA delay as needed
[+]
 Bahamut.Aiyana
By Bahamut.Aiyana 2010-10-12 22:25:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Piraal said:
well yeah, i'm talking about top geared sam, war, or mnk, compared to top geared ninja'a, all those other jobs will kill ninja, sure I know some good ninja's that will do ok versus your avg. sam(we all know there a dime a dozen, and most don't know what there doing), but top geared players, ninja can't keep up, i'm sorry, but its true.

Outdated. MNK got some INSANE boosts from Abyssea to make it a huge competitor. However war and sam got.. Close to nothing by comparison. WAR still pulls ahead with crit WS synergy and crit atma and SAM pretty much needs Tachi: Fudo to measure up.

With enough Dual Wield and haste, NIN attack speed is so blindingly fast that it may even be detrimental to WS due to JA delay. Combine that with the highest crit rate in the game, crit-based atma and more gear to increase critical damage and you have a monster.

Pretty much everything you spilled off in that post was pretty accurate back at 75. Things change.
 Siren.Stewie
By Siren.Stewie 2010-10-12 22:25:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

I'm still feeling MNK for that spot. Fudo + 5 hit builds for everyone gives SAM some serious ammo to work with but I've a feeling Victory Smite is equally hot. OAT DRG is up there too. It's a fairly close race at the moment though.

Siren.Stewie said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Tactical_Points
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/PDIF
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Weapon_Rank
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/FSTR
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/WSC
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Base_Damage
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Calculating_Weapon_Skill_Damage
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Critical

Are the ones you want off the top of my head, and you'll also want to look at atmas given that Abyssea comprises a large part of current content at the moment. Voracious Violet + Razed Ruin is the big combo for crit WS jobs at the moment, VV + Stout Arm for SAM. When calculating rounds to WS, remember that DA, Regain (if VV atma), hitrate, and TP return on WS all lead to inconsistent rounds to WS... you'll need to find the average number including overflow as appropriate.

Thanks.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-10-12 22:27:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Stewie said:

Thanks.
Glad to help. Hit submit sooner than I meant to though, so I'll paste it down here:

Basically:

damage per TP hit (base damage * pDIF, include critrate)
average rounds to WS
WS damage ((D + fSTR + WSC) * pDIF, critrate again since Jin)
average rounds and number of WS in a given timeframe
account for JA delay as needed

Start with that and use the above links as you run into terms or formulas you don't know. Can also ask here/on BG.
 Diabolos.Piraal
By Diabolos.Piraal 2010-10-12 22:46:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Aiyana said:
Diabolos.Piraal said:
Outdated. MNK got some INSANE boosts from Abyssea to make it a huge competitor. However war and sam got.. Close to nothing by comparison. WAR still pulls ahead with crit WS synergy and crit atma and SAM pretty much needs Tachi: Fudo to measure up. With enough Dual Wield and haste, NIN attack speed is so blindingly fast that it may even be detrimental to WS due to JA delay. Combine that with the highest crit rate in the game, crit-based atma and more gear to increase critical damage and you have a monster. Pretty much everything you spilled off in that post was pretty accurate back at 75. Things change.

not true, yes ninja got some great gear in the updates, but so did every other job, can name off all the gear you want, and ignore the gear for every other job. Yeah sure ninja can use so, and so atma, and sam can use so, and so atma.

I have no idea what your talking about when you say sam got close to nothing, they can cap haste in gear w/o useing drg as sj, they can fulltime hasso and not worry about recast timers, on top of that try telling a relic sam that +100 STR, +50 attack, +5% dbl attack, and 2/tick regain for atma's is close to nothing. I know all those crit hit items/atma's are great for ninja, but nameing all those items/atmas for ninja, and forgeting to mention what other jobs got doesn't do it justice.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-10-12 22:53:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Point is specific atmas work better for specific jobs, gear wise SAM was already at 5hit and capping Haste, NIN now gets capped Haste and huge DW, a massive increase in WS freq, whereas SAM didn't. Now add atmas, STR for both, okay, major crit for NIN. That's a significant increase, the 2/tick regain is meh for SAM with a 5hit, if they're getting Haste buffs, they'd likely swing 5 times anyway before you get the 10 ticks to null a hit.
 Diabolos.Piraal
By Diabolos.Piraal 2010-10-12 22:55:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I only mentioned the regain b/c it's part of the atma combo, but 5% DA, 100 str, and 50 attack for a relic GK is not okay, it's great, and like I said full timeing hasso, or seigan w/o worrying about recast timers is kinda a big deal. Saying ether of these points are close to nothing is misinformation.

also @ 75 they were only cap'd haste in gear if they went /drg, which is kinda meh...
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 24 25 26