Will PLD Be Useful Again At Lvl 99?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Will PLD be useful again at lvl 99?
Will PLD be useful again at lvl 99?
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 24 25 26
 Phoenix.Excelior
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-10-17 22:36:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Aiyana said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Mortechai said:
"ya cept i dont care bout a couple -pdt i got aegis, the haute gives me a higher dps without feeding a lot of tp like joytoy, has add effect so i dont bother wasting mp with the new en spell, and the 7 acc is always a bonus, besides the fact im working on almace and debating bout making excalibur" I cried tears of laughter while reading this. Give your aegis to a real paladin bro, save your LS some trouble.
If you use hauteclaire then you should sell your account to a real PLD.
Towngear yo !

That would imply that he thinks hauteclarie is elite or hard to obtain, this would mean he should also sell his account :/
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-10-17 22:36:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Town gear that included a Sattva ring too... =/
 Bahamut.Aiyana
Server: Bahamut
user: Aiyanna
By Bahamut.Aiyana 2010-10-17 22:37:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Excelior said:
Bahamut.Aiyana said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Mortechai said:
"ya cept i dont care bout a couple -pdt i got aegis, the haute gives me a higher dps without feeding a lot of tp like joytoy, has add effect so i dont bother wasting mp with the new en spell, and the 7 acc is always a bonus, besides the fact im working on almace and debating bout making excalibur" I cried tears of laughter while reading this. Give your aegis to a real paladin bro, save your LS some trouble.
Towngear yo !

That would imply that he thinks hauteclarie is elite or hard to obtain, this would mean he should also sell his account :/

Not necessarily. Can wear whatever you want in a towngear set. (Including purposefully bad gearsets to troll people. :D) Besides, Hautclaire does look pretty cool.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-10-17 22:38:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I town gear it cause it looks purdy >:3
 Phoenix.Excelior
user: Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-10-17 22:39:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Aiyana said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Bahamut.Aiyana said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Mortechai said:
Towngear yo !
Not necessarily. Can wear whatever you want in a towngear set. (Including purposefully bad gearsets to troll people. :D) Besides, Hautclaire does look pretty cool.

but the real point is that he is advocating the use of it directly in his quote. Town gear is irrelevant.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-10-17 22:41:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't notice before, but he said using Hauteclaire saves MP casting enspell, what is this?!
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-10-17 22:48:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Aiyana said:
Can wear whatever you want in a towngear set. (Including purposefully bad gearsets to troll people. :D)
I had a *** set for this back at 75 lol. Denali Bonnet, Assault Jerkin, Nashira Seraweels (for looks), Nightmare Gloves... don't remember the rest but it was ugly and terrible.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-10-17 22:51:16
Link | Quote | Reply

i used to set my spellcast idle set for my war and pld to full adaman for lulz
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-17 22:54:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember seeing a spellcast xml that actually had rules for towngear sets for idling in towns lol.
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-10-17 23:01:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
I remember seeing a spellcast xml that actually had rules for towngear sets for idling in towns lol.

Different towns call for different town gears.
 Bahamut.Aiyana
user: Aiyanna
By Bahamut.Aiyana 2010-10-17 23:05:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Bahamut.Aiyana said:
Can wear whatever you want in a towngear set. (Including purposefully bad gearsets to troll people. :D)
I had a *** set for this back at 75 lol. Denali Bonnet, Assault Jerkin, Nashira Seraweels (for looks), Nightmare Gloves... don't remember the rest but it was ugly and terrible.

I love it. :3 Especially when you get the people who know you're trolling and laugh with you.
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-17 23:07:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Of course
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-10-17 23:10:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Of course

they do actually

my xml equips the appropriate aketon for the appropriate town

though with fleetool it rarely matters :/
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-10-17 23:11:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Of course

they do actually

my xml equips the appropriate aketon for the appropriate town

though with fleetool it rarely matters :/

lol... that's true.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-10-18 00:04:29
Link | Quote | Reply

i use to know a guy that trolled with people with a armadaberk and NQ one. people would do a double take
 Titan.Viewz
Server: Titan
user: Vizzy
By Titan.Viewz 2010-10-18 13:50:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Excelior said:
Mortechai said:

All depends what your fighting, so you rly dont know *** all about PLD "bro" Go lvl your subs

And yea seems pld is becomeing redundant, SAMs and DRKs are tanking Abyssea T4s, Had a blu mage tank Tia with me last week and Today SAM. SE really needs to do something for PLD because this is jst HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE...
Server: Titan
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-10-19 12:07:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
"ya cept i dont care bout a couple -pdt i got aegis, the haute gives me a higher dps without feeding a lot of tp like joytoy, has add effect so i dont bother wasting mp with the new en spell, and the 7 acc is always a bonus, besides the fact im working on almace and debating bout making excalibur"

Doesn't Enlight give you far more accuracy then that does? and if you wanted the PDT- you could easily get the new Trial sword with -9% PDT, which is still raising with each cap.
 Shiva.Killmer
Server: Shiva
user: Killmer
By Shiva.Killmer 2010-11-06 12:54:11
Link | Quote | Reply

"ya cept i dont care bout a couple -pdt i got aegis, the haute gives me a higher dps without feeding a lot of tp like joytoy, has add effect so i dont bother wasting mp with the new en spell, and the 7 acc is always a bonus, besides the fact im working on almace and debating bout making excalibur"

immortal words by the best paladin ever, bigpun

i'm glad to see he doesn't keep his knowledge within his linkshell, he loves to post it on forums so the whole world can enjoy it.
[+]
 Bahamut.Odaru
By Bahamut.Odaru 2010-11-06 13:38:51
Link | Quote | Reply

"In 2004 it was pretty popular to stack VIT and DEF, 2010, haste ad ACC, it looks like SE is pushing for more -PDT% but who knows. :D"

A good PLD has multiple gear sets, not just one or the other. A good PLD has no problem holding hate over the damage output of other melees and nukers. PLD hasn't lost it's spark by any means.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2010-11-06 13:50:09
Link | Quote | Reply

PLD won't be holding hate over jack ***after a good DD caps their hate, which they can do as fast as or faster than PLD in Abyssea. After that they're just a shiny lawn ornament that can't DD. This is coming from someone who used to be a career PLD.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-11-06 14:14:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I love my PLD but I feel it's the least useful job in the game right now.
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-11-06 15:31:47
Link | Quote | Reply

All PLDs get a Caladbolg and go DD. Don't be afraid, you got access to most of the best DD gear there is.

And everyone else stop spitting over the one job that has always been tanking whatever "relevant" NM there was out there before it turns into another emoDRK thread.

Abyssea is no EndGame so it's pointless to wonder what will happen at 99, because no one really knows 100%
 Asura.Matzilla
Server: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2010-11-06 15:52:01
Link | Quote | Reply

they need to raise the enmity cap for "Tank" jobs and all will be right in the land
[+]
By Serj 2010-11-06 16:01:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sheelay said:
All PLDs get a Caladbolg and go DD.

'Nuff said.
 Fenrir.Gradd
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-11-06 16:32:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Paladin is Ninja dying all over again, the Job is dead get over it x;
 Phoenix.Fredjan
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-11-06 16:35:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Serj said:

'Nuff said.
ahem.
Odin.Sheelay said:
All PLDs get a Badelaire +1/Almace
ftfy.
 Asura.Matzilla
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2010-11-06 16:55:38
Link | Quote | Reply

is the sword empyrean good?
By Serj 2010-11-06 17:06:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Matzilla said:
is the sword empyrean good?

Not sure

Phoenix.Fredjan said:
Serj said:

'Nuff said.
ahem.
Odin.Sheelay said:
All PLDs get a Badelaire +1/Almace
ftfy.

but Caladbolg is the ***lol. Almace would have to be extremely good to compare to the damage Calad can put out.
 Asura.Marlboroman
By Asura.Marlboroman 2010-11-06 17:09:02
Link | Quote | Reply

i find my pld while cant always maintain hate 100% of the fight can survive while doin 30ish% dmg to mobs over war and sams with upgraded emperyean weapons. Is pld the fastest and easiest job to use probably not but is the most reliable imo.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-11-06 17:13:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Serj said:

but Caladbolg is the ***lol. Almace would have to be extremely good to compare to the damage Calad can put out.
Somehow your first comment made me think you were one of the "LOLPLD" bandwagon, but I guess there was a misunderstanding.
Both are pretty epic, but Almace(Badelaire +1)/Joyeuse can put do some punishing numbers with ZORRO WS and VV/RR
for reference, a RDM did 4.5k to the T1 morbol NM in Abyssea-Konschtat.
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 24 25 26