Which Merits + Magian Weapon To Get?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Which merits + magian weapon to get?
Which merits + magian weapon to get?
 Phoenix.Valefar
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: bbane
By Phoenix.Valefar 2010-10-05 22:03:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm wondering which merits + magian H2H weapons would be ideal for a soloing pup?
 Asura.Baroma
Server: Asura
user: baroma
By Asura.Baroma 2010-10-06 17:18:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends if u are blm soloing or not. If blm, get the pet mab+ one, (ice path).

But u could get the evasion one if u gonna melee solo.

Merits wise, fine tuning and optimazation are a huge bonus, and of course Ventriloqy.
 Phoenix.Miraun
user: Miraun
By Phoenix.Miraun 2010-10-07 07:18:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I never really liked Ventriloquy... however, with the new DEA, there's no real reason for Role Reversal anymore.

But as Baroma said, it's all dependent on how you solo... If you don't use an evasion setup, and rely on PDT or something like that, then you may want the PDT H2H. If you have a good evasion setup, you can go with the Evasion H2H. If you just want to kill ***and not worry about HP, can go with the STR H2H. If you BLM nuke/deactivate, then obviously the pet MAB.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
Server: Titan
user: batboy267
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2010-10-07 20:44:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Phoenix.Miraun said:
I never really liked Ventriloquy... however, with the new DEA, there's no real reason for Role Reversal anymore.
Yet another idiot on the job.

Lolpup..
Another worthless poster on the job.

If you know so much how about saying what's wrong with what the person is saying instead of being a flaming ***.
[+]
By mbm1980 2010-10-07 20:48:01
Link | Quote | Reply

lol with DEA there is more of use for Role Reversal then there was befor u need sawp hp with pup to deactivate quik so u can get your mp back quik or u just going get aspire
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Sanders
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Sanders
By Gilgamesh.Sanders 2010-10-07 21:37:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Phoenix.Miraun said:

Yet another idiot on the job.

QFT, actually. Ventriloquy and Role Reversal are vital to the soloist pup. Takes 3 merits to unlock each JA with very reasonable recasts.

Take time to explore what PUP can do. Then you'll see the use of those seemingly useless abilities.
 Phoenix.Miraun
By Phoenix.Miraun 2010-10-08 06:52:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Sanders said:
QFT, actually. Ventriloquy and Role Reversal are vital to the soloist pup. Takes 3 merits to unlock each JA with very reasonable recasts.

Take time to explore what PUP can do. Then you'll see the use of those seemingly useless abilities.

Depends on how you're soloing.

Nowadays, I solo PUP/NIN, WHM automaton. I've never had problems keeping hate (usukane and hades make it a joke), and I keep her at range so she doesn't get hit with AoEs, doesn't take damage, therefore no reason to use either ability. She's not going to be drawing hate with Cure Vs, so Vent is worthless, and since she doesn't draw hate due to the hate mechanics of Cure V, Role reversal for DADing goes unutilized as well.

I could see how it could play a part into BLM puppet Nuke kiting though.

However, for Salvage, HNMs, or other applications which I more commonly used PUP for, again, I have never found a situation where I felt I needed ventriloquy. If I had a BLM puppet out, nuking a gear while support healing on /SCH in salvage, it's not hard to properly time your nukes so that you won't draw hate off of the melees. Even if the puppet did draw hate, it's better him dead than me as the master. A PUP without a puppet is better than a weakened PUP without a puppet.

When HNMing, DADing was sufficient hate removal for the puppet. However, while support curing, I could see the necessity to DAVD, which would be a hate removal for the master. Nowadays though, that is irrelevant.

So what situation am I missing that Ventriloquy worth more than 5 ACC or 5% ATT/MAB?
 Phoenix.Miraun
By Phoenix.Miraun 2010-10-08 06:54:47
Link | Quote | Reply

But after viewing Spicyran's equip history, I could see how he could have problems holding hate off of a WHM puppet, and need Ventriloquy