Bugged Traverse Stones?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Bugged Traverse Stones?
Bugged Traverse Stones?
 Shiva.Snojoe
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: snojoe
By Shiva.Snojoe 2010-09-24 12:55:40
Link | Quote | Reply

On two separate instances in the past 36 hours, I've been in Abyssea (Misareaux and Attohwa, to be specific) and was just trying to max time before I left each so I could make room for more stones.

Both instances, I had ~90 (one was less than 90, the other was about 94) minutes left, and I was only exchanging one stone. However, whenever I exchanged it to the NPC, it confirmed that I was getting +33 minutes (I have the +3 min key item) and I said okay.

However, after it was expended, I got a message, "Your visitant status has been extended by 17/25 minutes. Your visitant status will now expire in 101/??? minutes." I should have had well over 120 minutes available, but 120 at the least unless 90+30 doesn't equal 120 anymore.

Is this a bug, have I missed something when extending your visitant status while already HAVING visitant status, or may it have something to do with only being in area for a short amount of time? (I've been running in, waiting around for Bastion (anywhere from 1 to 10 minutes), doing it, then leaving).

EDIT: This got resolved, I figured out the problem, so thank you everyone who answered this for me. Some others were discussing related but different issues further down the page, though, if you feel like taking a read through?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Alexander.Foulspawn
Server: Alexander
user: Foulspawn
By Alexander.Foulspawn 2010-09-24 13:02:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I have been having this same issue and sometimes it will not let me add time even though I have stones on me. Zoning out and back in lets me add time once. If I need to add time again it will not let me unless I zone again. This has been costing me jug pets while on bst.

*edit* Before anyone says I can not add stones for time past 120 I am talking about adding time when I have less than 30 min left in zone.
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
Server: Lakshmi
user: Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2010-09-24 13:08:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I've had a bug in attohwa, where I had 4x stones on me, went to npc, I had 35 min existing, added one stone for total of 68min. My time eventually went down to 15 min, and out of precaution, I went back to add another stone. Which he didn't give me any kind of reload option. Where I should have been able to add 52min.
By Flionheart 2010-09-24 13:10:15
Link | Quote | Reply

It's because you're on Shiva, and Shiva is a lol server
 Shiva.Snojoe
By Shiva.Snojoe 2010-09-24 13:10:56
Link | Quote | Reply

No no, Shiroi, I think you misunderstood (or my explanation was awful).

I know you can't go over 120, but what I'm saying is that the stones SHOULD be getting me 120, but it's only giving me 15 minutes, and setting me WELL below the 120.

Eg, I go in with 95 minutes. I use a stone to get to 120, but instead it only gives me 17. 95 + 17 = 112, not 120. The stone isn't giving me 25 like it should be.

Never mind the fact that sometimes I CAN extend, sometimes I CAN'T (I've found I can extend in the Scars areas, but not the Vision areas, for whatever reason), I'm talking specifically about stones not giving a full 30 minutes/maxed 120 minutes like it should be giving me.
 Shiva.Snojoe
By Shiva.Snojoe 2010-09-24 13:11:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:
It's because you're on Shiva, and Shiva is a lol server

Oh you!
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2010-09-24 13:12:42
Link | Quote | Reply

A few of my friends were having issues with this last night, one traded a stone in and actually lost ten minutes of time, another traded one in and only got like 13 minutes from it. Yet while I was trading at the same time as them, I received full time for all of the stones I traded in.
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2010-09-24 13:30:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Snojoe said:
Just wasted used another stone as a test run.

Math will be slightly off cuz I took a few minutes from the point where I checked my remaining time and redeemed the stone, but as you can see, at 78 minutes (after adjusting for delay) I should be at 108 after redeeming a stone. Yet, redeeming it only got me 18, to put me at 96.

There's either a bug, or something requiring you to be in the area for a half hour in order to receive the full amount for your stones, something I've unheard of before, and would not make any sense to me at all.
How long had you been in the zone before taking this ss
 Shiva.Snojoe
By Shiva.Snojoe 2010-09-24 13:32:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Not a bug but they should really fix that.

Basicaly.

You enter, set time to 110min.
Then you talk to npc and extend visitant status with another stone, it'll say 30+ whatever minutes, but it will extend your time by 10 minutes only.

If you set time to 110 minutes, then go back down to 30 minutes, if you use a stone it will still only give you 10 minutes.

Basicaly, you can't go over 120 minutes with stones.

I re-read this, and the Wiki page again, and NOW I see where we all are going wrong. This makes sense, albeit absolutely STUPID sense, but that's explaining why I'm only getting x amount of minutes instead of the full 30. Okay. Thank you/I'm sorry, Shiroi.

This also explains why people can't extend time once they've been in the area if they started for 120 minutes, but even before this clicked in my head, it needed fixed to begin with. Thanks for the clarification.
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2010-09-24 13:35:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Can someone address my issue please ?

Lakshmi.Galvaya said:
I've had a bug in attohwa, where I had 4x stones on me, went to npc, I had 35 min existing, added one stone for total of 68min. My time eventually went down to 15 min, and out of precaution, I went back to add another stone. Which he didn't give me any kind of reload option. Where I should have been able to add 52min.
 Shiva.Snojoe
By Shiva.Snojoe 2010-09-24 13:37:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Gathering from the fact that once I redeemed a stone, I couldn't redeem again, I'm assuming the same goes for you; once you redeem a stone at ANY point during your time in an Abyssean zone, you can't redeem another stone without zoning out and coming back in. I couldn't redeem more after my erroneous stones had been expended, so I'm assuming it's just a one-shot redemption before you have to zone and re-receive Visitant.
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-09-24 13:43:38
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not a bug. There is a cap on the number of minutes you can add to your Visitant Status, per run.

I don't know the exact numbers, but you can only add "X" number of minutes to your Visitant Status duration, per visit, by expending Traverser Stones. Therefore, even if you normally receive 33 (or 36, or 39) minutes per Stone, you can not gain more minutes than the capped number of added-minutes, per run.
For example, if you are 18 minutes shy of the added-minutes cap, and you expend a Traverser Stone, you will only receive 18 minutes of added Visitant Status, even if you normally should receive 33 minutes. (This is illustrated in Snojoe's screenshot above)

I do not know off-hand what the added-minutes cap is, per run. It's probably 120, but I don't know that for certain.

The best bet is, if you are unsure, just zone out of Abyssea and come back in. That way, you can't waste any minutes.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-09-24 13:44:41
Link | Quote | Reply

It's 120. Zone out and go back in to add new stones.
 Siren.Catabolic
Server: Siren
user: Catabolic
By Siren.Catabolic 2010-09-24 13:48:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Whats happening is once you zone in and lock in the amount of time you are using for visitant status it remembers that number the whole time you're in the zone. So lets say you start out with 119 minutes. You're in zone for 108 minutes so you only have 11 minutes left. You go to add time without zoning out. You can only add 1 minute even though you are currently down to 11 minutes because it locked into that 119 when you gained visitant status.

In order for you to get the full effect of the stones time extensions you have to zone out and back in.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-09-24 13:56:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Not a bug but they should really fix that.

Basicaly.

You enter, set time to 110min.
Then you talk to npc and extend visitant status with another stone, it'll say 30+ whatever minutes, but it will extend your time by 10 minutes only.

If you set time to 110 minutes, then go back down to 30 minutes, if you use a stone it will still only give you 10 minutes.

Basicaly, you can't go over 120 minutes with stones.

Shiroi, I've noticed this as well. I was wondering this too, but a friend told me just to add the stones. SE really needs to fix this, or at least make clarity to this issue.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2010-09-24 14:02:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes zoning out then back in is how to bypass it but that's incredibly pointless, SE should fix that already so you can add as many stones as long as you don't go past 120mins time remaining in zone rather than 120mins max requested time as it is right now.
 Siren.Catabolic
By Siren.Catabolic 2010-09-24 14:05:41
Link | Quote | Reply

SE's been doing pointless nonsensical things since they've existed lol. This isn't a new symptom :P
[+]
 Alexander.Foulspawn
user: Foulspawn
By Alexander.Foulspawn 2010-09-24 14:15:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you everyone for clearing this up. Makes sense that it does not work the way we thought it did? Woo!
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2010-09-24 14:21:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Galvaya said:

Lakshmi.Galvaya said:
Read please, I know how stones/time works, this doesn't apply
 Siren.Catabolic
By Siren.Catabolic 2010-09-24 14:27:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Galvaya said:
Lakshmi.Galvaya said:

Lakshmi.Galvaya said:

I thought you could only add on minutes one additional time after initially getting your visitant status. Not positive on this though.
 Bismarck.Khiinroye
user: Khiinroye
By Bismarck.Khiinroye 2010-09-25 09:17:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Galvaya said:
Lakshmi.Galvaya said:

Lakshmi.Galvaya said:

Had you gotten any time extensions? Those count against the time you can add.
 Odin.Lowblow
Server: Odin
user: sKe7ch
By Odin.Lowblow 2010-09-25 09:35:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok Ninja Edit.

There are many glitches with adding more time after being in.

In my best advice id simply say dont add anytime after your innitial Request for your time/tag.

Ive seen it offer like 60 +min for 1 stone as a glitch but only give you 15min lol.

Ive also left with 180 minutes and re entered with 0 instead of 120.
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2010-09-25 13:42:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Khiinroye said:
Lakshmi.Galvaya said:
Lakshmi.Galvaya said:

Lakshmi.Galvaya said:

Had you gotten any time extensions? Those count against the time you can add.
didn't know that, it would make sense.