ffxiv dipression
 Asura.Nolar
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Nolar
By Asura.Nolar 2010-09-22 20:48:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Oumura said:
Time and time again it comes down to the same thing. You like it, or you don't. Plain and simple. Very hard to take someone seriously (yes you people know who you are) when all you do is just click on this here thread, type something along the lines of "It sucks" then disappear. No explanation, no elaboration as to why you think it sucks etc. Who gives a ***if you think its a time sink? Same argument can be made about XI but you don't see everyone crying about that here. I happen to enjoy playing both, which, in turn = fun. So who says I'm not having fun now? You? Most certainly not.

No ones forcing anyone to like a time-sink. If people play it, they probably like it, or else they wouldn't be playing. Whats even more laughable is that you're calling it a time-sink that isn't worth it while you're currently playing one. Every MMO in some respect is a time-sink, so thats not a valid argument to make.

TL:DR
Play it, or don't. Move on.
So *** tired of seeing people blindly bash something without reason for it. And in regards to upcoming "inb4" replies, if you've played it, at least say so before going apeshit on it. That way you don't look like a twit.

I have my reasons, don't feel like listing them off. And I'm not "currently playing one." I realized it's a time-sink and moved on. I'm just hoping some people make that same choice before they force themselves to "like" XIV for the first couple months. Leave while you can.
 Phoenix.Oumura
Server: Phoenix
user: Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-09-22 20:52:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh, if you left then you left. While I respect whatever reasons you may have for leaving I don't see how pushing your own feelings or sentiment on others is necessary. You can try, but honestly if they want to play they're going to. :\

And I still don't see where the "forcing yourself to like a time-sink" comes from. :\ Some people just enjoy it. Like me.
By Flionheart 2010-09-22 20:56:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Nolar said:
Phoenix.Oumura said:
Time and time again it comes down to the same thing. You like it, or you don't. Plain and simple. Very hard to take someone seriously (yes you people know who you are) when all you do is just click on this here thread, type something along the lines of "It sucks" then disappear. No explanation, no elaboration as to why you think it sucks etc. Who gives a ***if you think its a time sink? Same argument can be made about XI but you don't see everyone crying about that here. I happen to enjoy playing both, which, in turn = fun. So who says I'm not having fun now? You? Most certainly not.

No ones forcing anyone to like a time-sink. If people play it, they probably like it, or else they wouldn't be playing. Whats even more laughable is that you're calling it a time-sink that isn't worth it while you're currently playing one. Every MMO in some respect is a time-sink, so thats not a valid argument to make.

So *** tired of seeing people blindly bash something without reason for it. And in regards to upcoming "inb4" replies, if you've played it, at least say so before going apeshit on it. That way you don't look like a twit.

I have my reasons, don't feel like listing them off. And I'm not "currently playing one." I realized it's a time-sink and moved on. I'm just hoping some people make that same choice before they force themselves to "like" XIV for the first couple months. Leave while you can.

So because you see it as a timesink you think the rest of us should simply stop playing? No sir, I'll play whatever I like, and you coming on here telling us that we're wrong just makes you look like a Christian pushing his religious beliefs on someone who doesn't care.
 Phoenix.Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-09-22 20:58:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ack, lets not bring religion into this...even metaphorically. XD
History likes to repeat itself and usually things go to ***when religion gets tossed around. >_>;
By Flionheart 2010-09-22 20:59:39
Link | Quote | Reply

True >.> It was the closest thing I could compare it to.
 Caitsith.Zefiris
Server: Caitsith
user: Zefiris
By Caitsith.Zefiris 2010-09-22 21:00:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:
Asura.Nolar said:
Phoenix.Oumura said:

So because you see it as a timesink you think the rest of us should simply stop playing? No sir, I'll play whatever I like, and you coming on here telling us that we're wrong just makes you look like a Christian pushing his religious beliefs on someone who doesn't care.
More like a person who thinks very highly of whatever thought they managed to muster. Play what you want but speak with your wallet, money is the thing they listen to (I don't mean to criticize profit :3).

It's more the arrogance of believing your opinion is absolute truth.
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-09-22 21:01:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's all just jump on a bandwagon and act like a raving moron!

That's all I'm getting from people saying FFXIV's a waste of money and time.

I'll elaborate on that when someone *** at me for defending the game.
 Asura.Nolar
By Asura.Nolar 2010-09-22 21:05:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, half the posts I've seen about XIV is complaining about how it doesn't let off the same feeling XI did. Just don't understand why people would bother after that point.

It's like buying your dream car and enjoying the hell out of it for 8 years. You grow tired of it, so you purchase a new, fancy car with all these high tech gadgets; hoping you'd enjoy it just as you did your old car. You drive the new car around town trying to fit in with society and be fancy, or something, while your old car sits there and rusts. In the back of your mind as you drive around town in your "cool" car, there is this lingering hope that one day you'll love your new car as much as you love your old, rusting car.
By Flionheart 2010-09-22 21:07:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Nolar said:
Oh, half the posts I've seen about XIV is complaining about how it doesn't let off the same feeling XI did. Just don't understand why people would bother after that point.

It's like buying your dream car and enjoying the hell out of it for 8 years. You grow tired of it, so you purchase a new, fancy car with all these high tech gadgets; hoping you'd enjoy it just as you did your old car. You drive the new car around town trying to fit in with society and be fancy, or something, while your old car sits there and rusts. In the back of your mind as you drive around town in your "cool" car, there is this lingering hope that one day you'll love your new car as much as you love your old, rusting car.

Alternatively, you get sick of how your car has changed over the years, and realise it will never be fixed to your liking, so instead you buy a new car and realise it's different and fun.
 Caitsith.Zefiris
By Caitsith.Zefiris 2010-09-22 21:09:05
Link | Quote | Reply

My first car got totaled (not my fault). I still miss it. :{
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-09-22 21:10:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zefiris said:
My first car got totaled (not my fault). I still miss it. :{

♥ I'll drive you around.
 Asura.Nolar
By Asura.Nolar 2010-09-22 21:10:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah for the very few. But most people aren't so materialistic. Why keep searching for that same, great feeling you had driving your old car? When in reality, you'll most likely never find it?
 Caitsith.Zefiris
By Caitsith.Zefiris 2010-09-22 21:13:16
Link | Quote | Reply

No, I won't. My new car is the same model, different year, as my old car. It doesn't feel the same. I cried when my mom told me it was gone. ; ;
By Flionheart 2010-09-22 21:13:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Nolar said:
Yeah for the very few. But most people aren't so materialistic. Why keep searching for that same, great feeling you had driving your old car? When in reality, you'll most likely never find it?

Because using an old rusted car that you don't enjoy using any more is just as bad as buying a new one blindly.

But outside of silly metaphors, I'm playing XIV because I want to play a fun game from release. What you see as a timesink I see as entertainment. I don't see why it bothers you that much. And you say you're out of silly timesinks yet you're not above posting on a forum telling people they are wrong for liking something you dislike?
By Flionheart 2010-09-22 21:14:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Playing XIV is nothing to do with being materialistic, it's having enough of XI, and wanting something fresh.
 Asura.Nolar
By Asura.Nolar 2010-09-22 21:17:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok Flionheart, you enjoy FFXIV.
My words of "advice" are pointed towards those who don't enjoy it yet. For those who are trying to search for a way to enjoy it. In reality, they could possibly never find it.
By Flionheart 2010-09-22 21:20:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Nolar said:
My words of "advice" are pointed towards those who don't enjoy it yet. For those who are trying to search for a way to enjoy it. In reality, they could possibly never find it.

Why do you feel the need to give 'Advice' to anyone? I'm sure people are happy and willing to find out themselves.
 Caitsith.Zefiris
By Caitsith.Zefiris 2010-09-22 21:21:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Most people refuse to take advice, especially if you're trying to help. :(
By Flionheart 2010-09-22 21:23:23
Link | Quote | Reply

With a game I'd just much prefer to form my own opinion. Someone telling me something is bad just makes me want to try it more.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-09-22 21:24:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Nolar said:

Are you playing did you play? You can put a month or more into money for the game in the long run it is better. This is why it is not a waste of money, I never understood how people think.

I mean is it the fact you need to upgrade pc? ps3 release says hello, it is new give it time, I am waiting before playing, but do you see me going *** and bashing a game?
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-09-22 21:25:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:
With a game I'd just much prefer to form my own opinion. Someone telling me something is bad just makes me want to try it more.

Or saying it is bad because of the specs needed to play on the game... upgrade your pc be done with it. It will not kill you, or wait for ps3 release.
 Caitsith.Zefiris
By Caitsith.Zefiris 2010-09-22 21:25:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Rebel.
 Phoenix.Darki
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-09-22 21:28:01
Link | Quote | Reply

ffxiv vs ffxiv?
c'mon, they are basicly family! no need to put them one against the other.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-09-22 21:28:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:

Don't buy Haseyo a car. Just don't do it.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-09-22 21:29:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
ffxiv vs ffxiv?
c'mon, they are basicly family! no need to put them one against the other.
The sane people are not, people have gotten tired of ffxi and moved on. some like playing both, that is all, but the bashing when you have not played a game and xi has changed anyway lol.
 Caitsith.Zefiris
By Caitsith.Zefiris 2010-09-22 21:30:43
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not anything new, people like to ***. They won't stop! x.x
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-09-22 21:31:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Nolar said:
Phoenix.Oumura said:

You can manage your time playing a mmo, read the label like everyone else does before logging in, do not ignore your family and real life.

I am not even a casual gamer I am probably less than that, I grab a niche title and play it of a series I like, then I am done. So you do not need to worry about anyone here, judging from your armor in that avi, I assume you wasted your time on kings. That was your choice.
 Phoenix.Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-09-22 21:34:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Nolar said:
Therein lies the problem. :\ It isn't supposed to give off the same vibe that XI did. That would defeat the entire purpose of designing a different play style for the game. The people who complain that it doesn't give off the same vibe are looking at the game the wrong way entirely. Instead of complaining about it, they should just stick to FFXI. :\
[+]
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-09-22 21:41:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Oumura said:
Asura.Nolar said:
Therein lies the problem. :\ It isn't supposed to give off the same vibe that XI did. That would defeat the entire purpose of designing a different play style for the game. The people who complain that it doesn't give off the same vibe are looking at the game the wrong way entirely. Instead of complaining about it, they should just stick to FFXI. :\
 Asura.Nolar
By Asura.Nolar 2010-09-22 21:59:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Nah, I never wasted my time on kings.

Well then I hope it will create some sort of other vibe, one that people will talk about one day. Have fun in your adventures in Eorzea.