Forum » FFXI » Servers » Leviathan » Lord Ruthven
Lord Ruthven
 Asura.Matzilla
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2010-09-29 15:55:05
Link | Quote | Reply

the only reason its a little risky and exciting now is cause they autogm you easier for teh fleehacks
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2010-09-29 15:55:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snick said:

And not many BLUs have OAT sword cause most BLUs don't know how to gear their ***awful job for ***. I'll give you credit for at least trying to make yourself better by working on OAT sword. But if you think LR is hard, than I think you have a lot more to worry about.

Under normal circumstances Ruthven is hard, taking advantage of game mechanics and a glitched pathing makes it easy to solo provided you know what your doing. But it also requires some skill in pulling to the pinning spot and even once your there you could easily mess up, lag spike or other issues and die in seconds after he gehenna's you or dooms you and holy water spam fails to cure it fast enough. Saying he's easy is fine but don't take it out of context. It still requires knowing how to do and understanding the mechanics of the mob as well as the terrain.

I have my sword and getting the 10 nails was not easy for me. The first 5 took me 11 fights which were not pinned fights and required quite a bit of help from others who also wanted nails. The last half was done with my wife soloing him on rng. While I stood there looking dumb. I'm sure level 85 makes a large impact on the ease of solo or low man kills as all my experiences were at 75 but still.
 Fenrir.Snick
Server: Fenrir
user: Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-09-29 15:55:52
Link | Quote | Reply

The funniest part is we don't do LR unless someone else in LS farms pop so Night can take the nails. We don't give a ***about the ring, frankly.
 Phoenix.Lithical
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Lithical 2010-09-29 16:00:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said:
Fenrir.Snick said:

And not many BLUs have OAT sword cause most BLUs don't know how to gear their ***awful job for ***. I'll give you credit for at least trying to make yourself better by working on OAT sword. But if you think LR is hard, than I think you have a lot more to worry about.

Under normal circumstances Ruthven is hard, taking advantage of game mechanics and a glitched pathing makes it easy to solo provided you know what your doing. But it also requires some skill in pulling to the pinning spot and even once your there you could easily mess up, lag spike or other issues and die in seconds after he gehenna's you or dooms you and holy water spam fails to cure it fast enough. Saying he's easy is fine but don't take it out of context. It still requires knowing how to do and understanding the mechanics of the mob as well as the terrain.

I have my sword and getting the 10 nails was not easy for me. The first 5 took me 11 fights which were not pinned fights and required quite a bit of help from others who also wanted nails. The last half was done with my wife soloing him on rng. While I stood there looking dumb. I'm sure level 85 makes a large impact on the ease of solo or low man kills as all my experiences were at 75 but still.

Powder boots
 Fenrir.Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-09-29 16:01:46
Link | Quote | Reply

No ***it requires a basic knowledge on how to to do it? That's a given.

You're also working under the assumption that I pin everything or something. I don't, in fact, I prefer not to. Krab for example, I prefer to do BLU/MNK/BRD/WHM trio(With the BRD being dual-boxed), takes no time whatsoever, and no reason to *** it up. LR, however, I have no intentions of trying to fight "properly", cause, as I said, we don't give a ***about the ring and others will farm pops for Night's nail anyways. And they only wanna do it in a pinning fashion so...
 Phoenix.Fredjan
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-09-29 16:03:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:

The only thing bannable in this whole thread is the use of //fillmode, and even that's extremely unlikely, unless you straight up tell a GM.
Or you SS yourself meanwhile you're using Fillmode!
 Leviathan.Anbu
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Anbu 2010-09-29 16:04:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said:
Fenrir.Snick said:
Under normal circumstances Ruthven is hard, taking advantage of game mechanics and a glitched pathing makes it easy to solo provided you know what your doing. But it also requires some skill in pulling to the pinning spot and even once your there you could easily mess up, lag spike or other issues and die in seconds after he gehenna's you or dooms you and holy water spam fails to cure it fast enough. Saying he's easy is fine but don't take it out of context. It still requires knowing how to do and understanding the mechanics of the mob as well as the terrain. I have my sword and getting the 10 nails was not easy for me. The first 5 took me 11 fights which were not pinned fights and required quite a bit of help from others who also wanted nails. The last half was done with my wife soloing him on rng. While I stood there looking dumb. I'm sure level 85 makes a large impact on the ease of solo or low man kills as all my experiences were at 75 but still.

yeah this all i was basically implying before the "I'm superior than all" *** hats started to chime in lol

Fenrir.Snick said:
The funniest part is me and night love giving each other anal probes... and we don't care Who knows, frankly.

fixed
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2010-09-29 16:05:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Lithical said:
Ragnarok.Sekundes said:
Fenrir.Snick said:

Powder boots
I mentioned these in my prior post already. I'm well aware.
 Phoenix.Lithical
By Phoenix.Lithical 2010-09-29 16:06:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fredjan said:
Odin.Blazza said:

The only thing bannable in this whole thread is the use of //fillmode, and even that's extremely unlikely, unless you straight up tell a GM.
Or you SS yourself meanwhile you're using Fillmode!

How's the gil selling Karkas Fred? Did Matt tell you DM and I MPK'd him for afking at Krab pin wall? Was really funny, was going to come back to R3 but the Pixie did it for me :D

Edit: I wasn't aware using powder boots took skill... I'm pro, dawg.
 Fenrir.Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-09-29 16:07:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Anbu said:

Fenrir.Snick said:
The funniest part is me and night love giving each other anal probes... and we don't care Who knows, frankly.

fixed
I only have sex with male tarus, sorry :)

You went from saying pinning was hard to saying you were talking about a "straight tank" fight. What?
 Phoenix.Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-09-29 16:10:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Lithical said:

How's the gil selling Karkas Fred? Did Matt tell you DM and I MPK'd him for afking at Krab pin wall? Was really funny, was going to come back to R3 but the Pixie did it for me :D

Have sold 2 rings so far.
and good job!
also, WTF @Anbu/Kalico. inb4 some HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE comment followed by 8D
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-29 16:12:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Anbu = Kalico? That would explain a lot.
 Leviathan.Anbu
By Leviathan.Anbu 2010-09-29 16:12:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snick said:
Leviathan.Anbu said:
Fenrir.Snick said:
fixed
I only have sex with male tarus, sorry :) You went from saying pinning was hard to saying you were talking about a "straight tank" fight. What?

If your refering to me then you need to learn to read because i never said either tard sause
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2010-09-29 16:13:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snick said:

You're also working under the assumption that I pin everything or something. I don't, in fact, I prefer not to. Krab for example, I prefer to do BLU/MNK/BRD/WHM trio(With the BRD being dual-boxed), takes no time whatsoever, and no reason to *** it up. LR, however, I have no intentions of trying to fight "properly", cause, as I said, we don't give a ***about the ring and others will farm pops for Night's nail anyways. And they only wanna do it in a pinning fashion so...
I don't care how you fight, and I'm working under no assumptions, I honestly don't care if your 'cheating' by some means or another, I do it too. I'm not trying to be honorable here, I just want you to realize that your phrasing is misleading and could get people killed or waste their pops. This is not something you just walk in to cause it's easy, preparation is still needed and it requires some very specific movements to do. Just give people the information they need that makes it easy.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-09-29 16:13:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Anbu types the same stuff Kalico used to type (and also has the same avatar kalico used to have before changing it), so... yeah
also: same 200k Ruthven's nail offers.
 Phoenix.Lithical
By Phoenix.Lithical 2010-09-29 16:14:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fredjan said:
Phoenix.Lithical said:

Have sold 2 rings so far.
and good job!
also, WTF @Anbu/Kalico. inb4 some HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE comment followed by 8D

Dude we got me a Karka ring 1/1, in at least 10 pops since have seen one other HQ Krab and no drop for DM's ring. No Acuben's for my MNK either, it's giving me as much trouble as that damn Behemoth Tongue :( 30% drop rate (KSNM) Wiki says, we've done 7 runs now... It's getting hard to get DM to duo it with me now, would you want to help sometime? ***is so easy.
 Fenrir.Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-09-29 16:14:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Anbu said:
lol @ pinning is hard I assume you never lowmaned LR b4 pinning him or not he can still easily rape you and fiy blaz said it was "possible" meaning he's not even sure it can be done for a fact and he never said it was easy...unlike you who said a blu brd dou was an easy take down.
There is nothing easy about LR bro
 Phoenix.Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-09-29 16:15:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, killing Krab in 2 places (east ronfaure past and jugner forest present) sure helps ring drop rate
 Fenrir.Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-09-29 16:16:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said:

I don't care how you fight, and I'm working under no assumptions, I honestly don't care if your 'cheating' by some means or another, I do it too. I'm not trying to be honorable here, I just want you to realize that your phrasing is misleading and could get people killed or waste their pops. This is not something you just walk in to cause it's easy, preparation is still needed and it requires some very specific movements to do. Just give people the information they need that makes it easy.
Why the *** should I hold peoples hands? If someone isn't going to look up how to fight something you need to farm a pop for then they're HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE either way.

I don't know how else to word it honestly. Take it to the trees, move a bit, kill it. It really is not hard.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-29 16:16:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said:
Fenrir.Snick said:

Of course not, but information is easily obtained by now. Doing your homework beforehand should honestly be a given. If it was the first few times anybody had fought LR, that's a whole other story. As it is he's been out for almost a year, plenty of people have fought it, not hard anymore because we know his tricks and how to deal with them.
 Leviathan.Anbu
By Leviathan.Anbu 2010-09-29 16:19:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Nightfyre = Master exagerator That would explain a lot.
0.o

Phoenix.Fredjan said:
Anbu types the same stuff Kalico used to type (and also has the same avatar kalico used to have before changing it), so... yeah also: same 200k Ruthven's nail offers.

Whats your point I never said we weren't one and the same detective
what are you a stalker

Fenrir.Snick said:
Leviathan.Anbu said:
lol @ pinning is hard I assume you never lowmaned LR b4 pinning him or not he can still easily rape you and fiy blaz said it was "possible" meaning he's not even sure it can be done for a fact and he never said it was easy...unlike you who said a blu brd dou was an easy take down. There is nothing easy about LR bro

still don't see your point I sait lol @ pinning is hard and I also said pinning or not you still can get raped by his tp moves Doom and that other bs he does.....
 Fenrir.Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-09-29 16:20:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Anbu said:
still don't see your point I sait lol @ pinning is hard and I also said pinning or not you still can get raped by his tp moves Doom and that other bs he does.....
Absolutely not.

Also I wanna make it clear, Night isn't my boyfriend, the taru on the right in my avatar is I <3 him and we *** every night :D
 Phoenix.Lithical
By Phoenix.Lithical 2010-09-29 16:21:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fredjan said:
Well, killing Krab in 2 places (east ronfaure past and jugner forest present) sure helps ring drop rate

Well, it's not even an issue of popping frequently enough. I said we'd static before we did any Krabs but DM doesn't really farm any pops anymore unless I farm with him. Not that I'm doing this just for his ring, want my helm too :( Did another solo this morning and TH4'd with his char and finally got something besides a log to drop... a shell for ls mate that needed D:
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-29 16:21:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Doom is a gaze and you don't need to face him to cast Cannonball. Already explained how to avoid getting hit by other annoying TP moves.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2010-09-29 16:23:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Lithical said:
Phoenix.Fredjan said:

Well, it's not even an issue of popping frequently enough. I said we'd static before we did any Krabs but DM doesn't really farm any pops anymore unless I farm with him. Not that I'm doing this just for his ring, want my helm too :( Did another solo this morning and TH4'd with his char and finally got something besides a log to drop... a shell for ls mate that needed D:
The hell are you D: just had to do a brd mnk faith!
 Leviathan.Anbu
By Leviathan.Anbu 2010-09-29 16:23:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snick said:
Leviathan.Anbu said:
Absolutely not. Also I wanna make it clear, Night isn't my boyfriend, the taru on the right in my avatar is I <3 him and we *** every night :D

Your just a retard I really don't even have to say much you just keep telling on yourself with each post you make
 Phoenix.Lithical
By Phoenix.Lithical 2010-09-29 16:24:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dramatica said:
Phoenix.Lithical said:
Phoenix.Fredjan said:

The hell are you D: just had to do a brd mnk faith!

My net being gay again man :( I'm on my friend's from across the street again. Judging by your post no torque for Naratu? ><
 Fenrir.Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-09-29 16:24:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't even know what you were trying to say.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2010-09-29 16:24:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Nah, easy kill anyways lol.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-09-29 16:26:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Anbu said:

Whats your point I never said we weren't one and the same detective
what are you a stalker
I'm called a stalker for pointing the obvious?
Same Lord Ruthven/Marvin Pelage/Keesha's Pamama "wanted"
Same "offers" for Nails (in caps, too)
Same way of typing
Same 0.0
and, potentially, the same 8D