Damn you Zibo!!!
[+]
 Diabolos.Sovereign
Server: Diabolos
Game: FFXI
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2010-09-18 23:08:53
Link | Quote | Reply

salvage is still a really fun event with great rewards for a minimal investment.

Just cause Abyssea is out and there is statistically "better" gear out there shouldnt turn people away from doing other events. A better player would continue to keep a broad scope of all in-game activites, regardless of the reward.

In regards to Abyssea, you're still very limited with what you can do there (i.e. time and man-power requirements) when compared to a daily, low-man event like Salvage.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-09-18 23:11:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes spending 100 minutes a day doing the same NM's that don't drop ***is minimal investment.
 Fairy.Spence
Server: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-09-18 23:12:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Sovereign said:
salvage is still a really fun event with great rewards for a minimal investment.

Just cause Abyssea is out and there is statistically "better" gear out there shouldnt turn people away from doing other events. A better player would continue to keep a broad scope of all in-game activites, regardless of the reward.

In regards to Abyssea, you're still very limited with what you can do there (i.e. time and man-power requirements) when compared to a daily, low-man event like Salvage.

Bolded for emphasis.
[+]
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-09-18 23:28:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Sovereign said:

Wat @ the bolded parts.

I agree that doing the event for fun is cool and all. But... saying it's wonderful to do for great rewards that needs little time invested is just silly.

Spending a lot of time for outdated gear hardly makes them a better player

Also, I get 66 mins in Abyssea a day >_> and most everything in there can be 6 manned.

I'm all for having fun in salvage, but it's pointless and HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE to devoutly spend time there now.
 Fairy.Spence
Server: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-09-18 23:30:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, to be fair, he's looking for people who may want to do salvage with him, not your opinions on whether or not salvage is a waste of time.

[+]
 Lakshmi.Naveyah
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Naveyah 2010-09-18 23:32:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I could spend 78minutes a day in abyssea, and get better drops then I could get in salvage.
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-09-18 23:42:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Spence said:
Well, to be fair, he's looking for people who may want to do salvage with him, not your opinions on whether or not salvage is a waste of time.

We're giving him the reasons why he won't find anyone to do salvage with =P

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Diabolos.Sovereign
Server: Diabolos
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2010-09-21 03:17:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Serj said:
I agree that doing the event for fun is cool and all. But... saying it's wonderful to do for great rewards that needs little time invested is just silly.

Spending a lot of time for outdated gear hardly makes them a better player

Also, I get 66 mins in Abyssea a day >_> and most everything in there can be 6 manned.

I'm all for having fun in salvage, but it's pointless and HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE to devoutly spend time there now.

The comment I made about better players had very little (read: nothing) at all to do with rewards or gear. Instead, it very simply stated that a better player would have an understanding through a broad spectrum of events, rather than limiting themselves to a single event. This is pure, undisputed fact, and applies to every piece of available content in FFXI.

To put it in the perspective of this thread... it basically means a player with Salvage experience will more than likely perform better elsewhere in Vanadiel than a player with no Salvage experience. Though not specifically limited to experience in Salvage, and more just experience in general. This should just be common knowledge...

If you want to be Salvage specific... there are mobs in Salvage (notably Chariots) that are beginning to appear elsewhere in the game (Chariots now appear in Abyssea's Bastion). Someone that has had experience dealing with Chariots in Salvage is already prepared to deal with them in Abyssea. See what I mean?

Described above, it's a very clear example of how spending time in Salvage absolutely makes you a better player.

As far as everything in Abyssea being 6-manned... Good luck with that lol. In their current state, very few of the NMs that drop AF3+2 upgrade items (or any gear that "obsoletes" Salvage gear) can be 6-manned. Hell, even building the pop items for these things can take a considerable amount of time and coordination even within the best EG linkshells. Now, I have no doubt that eventually many of these NMs will become easy prey, easily killed with 6 people. But this will be accomplished by seasoned and experienced players... definitely not by your average *** who refused to do everything because he deemed it obsolete.