Forum » FFXI » Servers » Cerberus » bird killer apocalypse <team up?>
bird killer apocalypse <team up?>
 Cerberus.Goshtin
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: goshtin
By Cerberus.Goshtin 2010-09-13 08:06:16
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone want to team up for an abyssea run on bats in tarohngi with an apoc?
once we gather 2-3 apocs(or more obviously) for this, we can organise a run and then spend somthing like 3hrs murdering the 2thousand bats for the bird trial
obviously after magic/dd kills, we'll inist the other members of alliance do their best to NOT get kill shot, or gtfo

/tell in game or leave a post here
thanks
 Sylph.Krsone
Server: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2010-09-13 08:53:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Arent all relic trials 2000 or however many thousand killshot ws on the mob? So killshot catastrophe only counts from 1 drk? Which if thats the case you wouldnt be getting many ws killshots in abyssea where mob needs to die in various ways and with other dd hammering it.

If thats the case im not entirely sure, but if it is leypoint might be better, got friend there atm been doing excal for last few days. They steal tp but it isnt that bad as drk with stun and absorb tp I imagine.
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2010-09-13 08:55:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Here taken from wiki trial 1855 :

"Kill 2000 bird-type creatures with Catastrophe dealing the finishing blow"

cant see abyssea party helping you much with that, unless im missing something still or its another trial.
 Asura.Darkultima
Server: Asura
By Asura.Darkultima 2010-09-13 09:28:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Colibris in bhaflau are lv71 and easy as hell to kill, guess it would be the best option.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2010-09-13 09:34:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Sylph.Krsone said:
Here taken from wiki trial 1855 : "Kill 2000 bird-type creatures with Catastrophe dealing the finishing blow" cant see abyssea party helping you much with that, unless im missing something still or its another trial.
You can team-up for relic trials killshot as long as it's the same mob type. (They changed that this update along with the 5 objectives for weather trials)

Yea you can team up but wouldnt you still need killshot like blm staff trials, ie had 17 other dds turn away lol for u to kill it?
 Cerberus.Goshtin
By Cerberus.Goshtin 2010-09-13 11:27:20
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah but if you're with ppl you know, they may be nice enough to let a drk get the kill shot
Quote:
we'll inist the other members of alliance do their best to NOT get kill shot, or gtfo
 Phoenix.Excelior
Server: Phoenix
user: Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-09-13 11:33:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Glad to see you're less emo about these trials now. I was going to be disappointed if they caused you to quit.
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2010-09-13 11:36:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Goshtin said:
yeah but if you're with ppl you know, they may be nice enough to let a drk get the kill shot
Quote:
we'll inist the other members of alliance do their best to NOT get kill shot, or gtfo

Ah I see now it was quite hard to read but yeah it works.

Fire element is str and attk, lightning is dex and acc i assume this for all weapons so if one of those hase colibri youll find people on these days. IE every firesday on most servers youll find 18man alliance at leypoint.

Having said that it cant be that slow surely with apoc and some haste gears... I mean i soloed 600 colibri for ursine claws and tbh they didnt do tp move rly till 30% at which point you cld finish it anyway. And it may do pecking not tickle. I Managed to hold down the whole leypoint area and 1-2 down the path, with alliance youre only fitting in a few more down that path and 4 thru the archway past the treants. Solo its about 60-80 an hour (and ursine at that point suck), 18 man alliance is 120 an hour but less if theyre having to co-ordinate turning around.
 Cerberus.Hiryo
user: Hiryo
By Cerberus.Hiryo 2010-09-13 12:04:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a great axe trial that needs another 589~ WS on birds to complete, i'll be up for it if you need peeps.
 Cerberus.Goshtin
By Cerberus.Goshtin 2010-09-14 02:58:42
Link | Quote | Reply

right now all the apocs I've met are busy with the previous trial, but in regards to you and me hiryo it could work for a little while atleast. I'd suggest olduum ring and leypoint as the best place. I'll hit you up somtime, just dont steal my kill shots :P

and ksrone, teaming up with alliance that I dont know barely works. tried it on crabs and though somtimes I'd get more kill shots, it's hard to keep up with the amoutn of mobs coming at me. rather have a decent controlled pace
 Caitsith.Enygma
Server: Caitsith
user: Enygma3
By Caitsith.Enygma 2010-09-14 03:02:04
Link | Quote | Reply

so let me get this straight, since i got mandau, and im on the vermin killshots atm, i can gather more mandaus and have them killshot with mercy stroke in my party and it will count towards mine? im confused...
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-09-14 03:02:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Enygma said:
so let me get this straight, since i got mandau, and im on the vermin killshots atm, i can gather more mandaus and have them killshot with mercy stroke in my party and it will count towards mine? im confused...

yep!
 Caitsith.Enygma
Server: Caitsith
user: Enygma3
By Caitsith.Enygma 2010-09-14 03:03:41
Link | Quote | Reply

O_O!
 Cerberus.Goshtin
By Cerberus.Goshtin 2010-09-14 05:14:37
Link | Quote | Reply

O_O
[+]
 Cerberus.Neosephiroth
By Cerberus.Neosephiroth 2010-09-14 05:22:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I got 1300 kill shots in one night in an 8 Amanomurakumo party in Kuftal Tunnel. I did the last 700 solo the next night believe me it's 100% legit :).
 Lakshmi.Jaguarx
Server: Lakshmi
user: Jaguarx
By Lakshmi.Jaguarx 2010-09-16 03:38:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Would the kill shots work with lets say a Mandau and a Apoc who needs to kill 2000 birds?
Or does it have to be the exact same relic weapon?
 Cerberus.Goshtin
By Cerberus.Goshtin 2010-09-16 11:42:05
Link | Quote | Reply

has to be the same WS so same weapon I assume.