Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-09-12 18:54:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Just toss away the obsolete gear!

i...

...there's some stuff i couldn't bring myself to throw away, practicality be damned(rajas, byakkos, joy, and my heca for example)

too many memories tied up in getting them ;;
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-09-12 18:55:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally cringe at the thought of tossing my AF1. A lot of great people helped me obtain that set.... ; ;

/sentimentalPLD ; ;
[+]
By Flionheart 2010-09-12 18:56:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Anye said:
I personally cringe at the thought of tossing my AF1. A lot of great people helped me obtain that set.... ; ;

/sentimentalPLD ; ;

Same here, I wouldn't toss my legs, I duod the NM for those back in the day and they mean a lot to me.

BRD AF I wouldn't want to toss either... It's nice to have sets.

I'd never toss my Byakkos haidate either, or my Shura Togi. My shura togi was a gift from a friend who stopped playing.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-09-12 18:58:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Anye said:

/sentimentalPLD ; ;

you can store af1

no real dilemma there

edit: though i guess that would mean sacrificing the feet for ichi macro... so mabye not
 Asura.Chexmix
Server: Asura
user: Ranae
By Asura.Chexmix 2010-09-12 19:06:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:

That would only be the legs for MNK.

I use those to blink out of JAs!
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-09-12 19:08:18
Link | Quote | Reply

If you can't fit all your stuff in 240-320 spaces ... then you simply have too much stuff.

Retire jobs you don't use much and/or aren't heavily merited. If you have ten level 75-85 jobs, you probably only *really* use 3-5 of them. If you are one of those rarities that seriously plays more jobs, god bless you, and see below for more ideas.

Scrap lower-level weapons and items that you never use, and have been keeping "just because". Don't store a Francisca because "someday I might level RNG" or a Tungi because "someday I might level BST".

Use up quest items and similar stuff (keys, etc.) that you've been keeping for months but haven't used. If you can't find time to use them, get rid of them.

Don't store multiple warp cudgels, foods, and other non-stackable items.
Buy them as you need them only, and only buy them if you're gonna use them.

Store your AF1 sets and AF2 sets. If you upgraded some AF1 to AF+1, re-do the AF1 quest to reacquire the NQ item, and then store 'em. If you are hanging on to incomplete AF2 items that are not being used, make it a point to finish the set, or scrap 'em.

Do not store Beastmen's Seals and Kindred's Seals. Some people tell me they have stacks and stacks (of 99) of these in their Mog Houses. Ridiculous. NPC in Port Jeuno will hold them for you, no fee, no penalty, and retrieve them anytime you want.

Get rid of "sentimental" items. I see bazaars with 999,999,999 price Red Roses or Diamond Rings or HQ food items. I'm sure someone special gave them to you, but if they really love you, they'll understand you need that inventory space.

[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-09-12 19:12:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahkf said:

Does that line work irl when your house is out of room?

No.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Stryger
user: Stryger
By Asura.Stryger 2010-09-12 19:22:03
Link | Quote | Reply

after reading -most- of the posts, all i gotta say is they just need to make Nyzul and Abj. sets storable.. and maybe Kirin's set.. then id personally have alot more space

Edit:
Bismarck.Elanabelle said:
If you can't fit all your stuff in 240-320 spaces ... then you simply have too much stuff.
This isnt entirely true, my inventory is full because i have 13 jobs geared, none of which were Astral Flowed or Abyssea'd to 76~80 all were leveled in normal PTs.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-09-12 19:45:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Stryger said:

Edit:
This isnt entirely true, my inventory is full because i have 13 jobs geared, none of which were Astral Flowed or Abyssea'd to 76~80 all were leveled in normal PTs.

Kudos to you for leveling so many jobs, and for doing it the right way.

However, you don't need gear for 13 jobs. You might think you do, or you might want to think you do ... but if you have 13 jobs leveled, then undoubtedly some of them are WAR/DRK/DRG/SAM and some are DNC/THF/NIN/MNK. You don't *need* to have all of these jobs available, because they are all (at least to some degree) interchangeable in *most* FFXI settings.

Looking at your specific merits, I'd say you could scrap WAR and NIN, and it wouldn't affect your viability as an end-game FFXI player at all. The gear from those two jobs would free you up lots of inventory room.
 Asura.Chexmix
user: Ranae
By Asura.Chexmix 2010-09-12 20:44:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe he just enjoys playing all 13 jobs?

Kudos to you for leveling so many jobs, and for doing it the right way.

lol
 Shiva.Darkmacabre
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkmacabre 2010-09-12 20:53:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Retire jobs you don't use much and/or aren't heavily merited. If you have ten level 75-85 jobs, you probably only *really* use 3-5 of them. If you are one of those rarities that seriously plays more jobs, god bless you, and see below for more ideas.

Scrap lower-level weapons and items that you never use, and have been keeping "just because". Don't store a Francisca because "someday I might level RNG" or a Tungi because "someday I might level BST".

Use up quest items and similar stuff (keys, etc.) that you've been keeping for months but haven't used. If you can't find time to use them, get rid of them.

Store your AF1 sets and AF2 sets. If you upgraded some AF1 to AF+1, re-do the AF1 quest to reacquire the NQ item, and then store 'em. If you are hanging on to incomplete AF2 items that are not being used, make it a point to finish the set, or scrap 'em.

Do not store Beastmen's Seals and Kindred's Seals. Some people tell me they have stacks and stacks (of 99) of these in their Mog Houses. Ridiculous. NPC in Port Jeuno will hold them for you, no fee, no penalty, and retrieve them anytime you want.

Get rid of "sentimental" items. I see bazaars with 999,999,999 price Red Roses or Diamond Rings or HQ food items. I'm sure someone special gave them to you, but if they really love you, they'll understand you need that inventory space.

qft
[+]
By Bigworm 2010-09-12 21:01:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Most of my gear is R/EX so hard to scrap even if i tried and since SE has been out of token for MONTHS! it really blows
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-09-12 21:18:54
Link | Quote | Reply

with most people when it comes to having 13+ jobs geared its not about efficiency its about enjoying the jobs you play.

I only have 6 Jobs ~75+ that i love to play, and that being said I'm very tight on space in most situations, what with Disposables like Ninja Tools, Pet Food, Food in general, Beast Jugs, Ammo/bolts, etc. That stuff fills up most of my Satchel, next to situational gear like Fire-Resist Builds, MDT/PDT Builds, Warp Items, etc.

Hell on THF alone i have more than 6 different armor sets, SA, TA, SATA, WS, TP, R.acc, EVA, TH Set, Quick-Draw build for /COR, etc etc.

PLD has MDT, PDT, Shield Skill, Cure Cheat, haste, Fast Cast builds, Full-Enmity, Stoneskin/Phalanx Builds when needed, etc.

To sum it up, I'm tight on space, i still have about ~20 free at any given time but I de-geared my NIN and DRG just to hold space for my other jobs, if i had kept NIN/DRG Geared i'd be really tight on space too, even with keeping AF stored, Relic Stored, Tossing useless ***, etc.

I think what i have right now is enough, But it'd be ignorant and HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE of me to come out and say just because i have enough space that everyone should have enough space.

[+]
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-09-13 12:05:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I like this idea. The world is not going to end, No need to bulk up and save just b/c If you can craft items i.e Warp clubs, then you can farm your items or what nots..

Probably the best damn common sense idea anyone has said IMO.... LOL and props to the Elanabelle for this idea!

I'm also glad I'm playing 4 type of jobs that are able to work with, Thf- money maker Sam- Dd'ing Blm- Nuker &

Blue: Still thinking sometimes what it is.. Fun Job I suppose!

ROFL
[+]
 Bahamut.Ashua
Server: Bahamut
user: Ashua
By Bahamut.Ashua 2010-09-13 12:19:47
Link | Quote | Reply

SE hasn't really given us that much in years. What they have given us, hasn't really broken any balances. Now, that the game is coming to a closure they want to overwhelm the *** out of us with all kinds of *** from the right hand and on the left at the same time. This ***would have been great 3 or 4 years ago. That's when the cap should have increased anyways.

I think I'm probably done chasing carrots on sticks. Sick of jumping through hoops for thenewestgear.dat file. Too many jobs to keep up with this ***. Have fun giving SE more money while they continue to put out mediocre products and ***. SE has become a pile of ***ever since 2004 or so. Viva Mistwalker.

I hope you fan boys turn purple reading this. Fan boys are the biggest problem. Your blind devotion to SE only encourages it's bad behavior. Can't wait to see what forum legend socialite *** has the most witty quip to retort.
[+]
 Shiva.Darkshade
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-09-13 12:22:30
Link | Quote | Reply

He mad.
[+]
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-09-13 12:25:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Its a forum, He's entitled!

meh!
 Bismarck.Angeleus
user: Munky
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2010-09-13 12:27:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Neonracer said:
Probably the best damn common sense idea anyone has said IMO.... LOL and props to the Elanabelle for this idea!

Oh boy...
 Sylph.Krsone
Server: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2010-09-13 12:28:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Antonioklaus said:
Ok so we can all agree the new AF3 aka Emperian gear is full of win. Traditionally, SE has never let us store +1 +2 gear. SO, ya, how are we supposed to live with new gear on more than 1 job? Shoot, we still can't store Salvage or Nyzul gear. Come on SE give us some storage or more inventory space. /endemorant

Never thought id see the day people were requesting ability to store salvage gear at an npc, this isnt a dig on anyone with more than 2 completed sets like me just ammusing how this gear has become "useless". ;; lol
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Caitsith.Linear said:
It's easy. Don't level every job in the game. If you want to be versatile, pick your favorite job from each type (DD, Mage, etc..) and focus on those.
I've done this. Every update I end up retiring one or a few jobs. I will probably retire all jobs but nin, unless they decide to make it a bit easier to get what you need to gear yourself decent. * Mozu DMG +8: probably took like a month worth of play time to get. * Helm Of Briareus: 0/50 * OA 2-3 times: still not done with that. * Eva katana: havent even started yet. * AF Feet: Took roughly 4.5 hours worth of abyssea to get. * Seals for AF +1: 0/24 (feet, legs, head) * Stuff for AF +2: 0/?? (feet, legs, head) (Just some examples) taking in to consideration the amount of time it'll take to just gear one job, I'm really not up for it to go through all this on another job, ever. lol

Think if it more longterm than that, people were getting maats caps last year and this year ppl who had been playing years and years lvling their jobs slowly one by one. Surely you dont expect to level and gear(do trials) all your jobs to the next level cap per update if u got more than 6 jobs rly.
 Fenrir.Terminus
Server: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2010-09-13 12:31:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Most people have multiple mules, too, right? Obviously that doesn't help rare/ex stuff, but... well, this is how I think about it (for all two of my jobs, haha.) Also, if this is a lot of mules, it all started because I wanted gardening to be my source of income... QQ elemental ores...

On my char, I can pretty much carry everything I need for both jobs I play, with room for food, tools, medicines, etc that I will be needing. No satchel yet, though.

Mule1 has crafting items (that I don't use) - mats and about 30 stacks of crystals. Maybe someday I will get to it. Not hurting anyone though.

Mule2 has food. I am cheap - I don't have a large source of income, so I get deals when I can. I kinda recently bought 15 or Marinara Pizza +1's @5k each from a baazar. Still using them. This mule also carries weapons. Could toss a lot of them, but again, not hurting at the moment.

Mule3 has extra armor. For lower level armor (lol what's level synch?) I try to use storable sets - even lame sets, when synched, are all right compared to like 75 armor at level 30. For the extra stuff, like battle gloves and such, it goes here. This guy also holds ninja tools.

Mule4 handles the other stuff I actually "use." Medicines mostly. Also seeds for gardening. This mule also has max fame, so I am sure I will have a place to npc stuff.

Ionno if that helps... I still need to get my hands on a token, which would be HUGE.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mushashi
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Mushashi
By Quetzalcoatl.Mushashi 2010-09-13 12:32:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Darkestknight said:
Why?

Everyone that gets almost all jobs up either do so in Summoner burns, Abyysea, and so on and have crappy, uncapped skills, and no idea what they're doing.

Get up a couple of jobs, learn those jobs, and get the AF only for them.

There is plenty space for that.

80 Inventory, 80 Storage, 80 Mog Satchel. and 80 Mog locker... so all together, 320 spaces to fill up.

Don't tell me you're trying to turn this thread into a bash smn burn and you have gimp skills for your level post....

So sick of those.

I've leveled alot of jobs the old fashion way w/o level sync and have done so in smn burns and Abyssea pts. And of all the jobs I have (check my profile) I can play all those good, if not better than those that concentrate on 1 job.

So now that I have 11 75+ jobs and mules bursting with gear. I will unfortunately have to retire a few jobs :( I love this game because of the versatility of playing different jobs. Unless SE feels generous enough to give us more storage space, I can go on playing all my jobs.
 Ramuh.Urial
Server: Ramuh
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2010-09-13 12:33:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Ragnarok.Anye said:

/sentimentalPLD ; ;

you can store af1

no real dilemma there

edit: though i guess that would mean sacrificing the feet for ichi macro... so mabye not
+1 the feet and re-obtain is what i did.
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
Server: Lakshmi
user: Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2010-09-13 12:43:22
Link | Quote | Reply

At any given time, I can fully gear DRG RDM THF BRD WAR PLD and BLU, without muling. WHM SAM and anything else under 75 would require muling.

I use my mog safe for unused/sentimental, house is for weapons, ranged, shields, etc, locker for all armor, and satchel is for accessories, food, and timed items. Inv has seals, tools, LS's, silv coins, and whatever job I'm on. With that, I only have 30 open slots, and my mog house looks lame, cuz its full of 1:15 storage etc.
They need to just make linkshells key items, or a linkshell inv. And maybe make a "food pouch" where food doesn't count towards inv, these alone would give me around 20 slots. I usually have around 10-12 diff kinds of food, and quite a few LS.

Also, a "tool belt" for nin tools would be hawt.
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2010-09-13 12:43:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Any1 for Royale Ramble ks30 70k orichalcum ingot.... any1, any1?!?! I'll that that as a no.
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
Server: Leviathan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-09-13 12:51:06
Link | Quote | Reply

It was easily trioable at 75 dude. Probably soloable at 85 np
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2010-09-13 13:41:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Was a joke, not even worth it for the gil now was the point, well barely if you all got ops and tele/shout/gather/escape fast. And take a cor/blm or brd/blm to pop chest escape and bolters/mazurka it back. Im well aware of how difficult it is.