Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » rings/body/neck for sch 75+
rings/body/neck for sch 75+
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2010-09-11 20:58:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Just looking for ideas on these 3 slots for sch and nuking. Like to know what would be good to use and a good balance between int/macc/mab/mp on these slots without being like dream sets where cost millions or insane out of reach to get. I do hav Einjahar points to spend if anything from that usefull. Oh and also out of full relic (minus belt) and af is any that mandatory to use 75+?

edit: kinda looking to be able solo/duo and such stuff like nms with it.
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-09-11 21:34:04
Link | Quote | Reply

There's Teal body to start out with, a pretty solid piece, and cheap as well.

Omega ring isn't bad, there's also Snow/Aquilo's if you can afford them.

Lemegeton Medallion/(+1) are very nice for SCH. I'd hold off on the +1 though, now that the new JSE neck came out. Here it is, http://www.ffxiah.com/item/11620/savants-chain

All relic is good for various reasons, so if you can get all of it, do so. Same applies to AF.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-09-11 21:38:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Back before the level cap increase, I used ACP body (MAB+4 MACC+4), Snow Ring/Omega Ring, and Prudence Torque (or Uggalepih Pendant when latent was up, which it was, most of the time).

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Cordareo
Server: Bismarck
user: Cordareo
By Bismarck.Cordareo 2010-09-11 22:18:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Catastrophe said:
All AF2 except feet has its uses. You'll realize for the most part you'll be swapping in and out 60+ slots of gear to be at full potential.

Depending on your race, +MP should be one of the last things to consider for SCH 75+. Moreso than any other mage job unless you're going to immediately swap them out after your first cast.

Really, like the others have said.. it's mainly Teal body, Lemegeton medallion/prudence torque and aquilo's/snow rings for the actual nuking process.
Fixed
AF2 Feet are so useless, Inventory -1

Oh and to put more emphasis on AF/AF2, it's all game changing for SCH, AF Head+1 for helixes/sublimation, af body for resist and enfeebling, af pants for buffing (hi2uphalanx), af feet for precast speed up, af2 head for resist nuke set and stoneskin and precast speed up, af2 body for buffing (hi2uphalanx...again!) and sublimation, af2 pants for dork magic, af hands is mediocre, but I guess a baby's first healing piece that is nice for buffing and possibility of interruption, af2 hands are amazing for enfeebling and af2 feet... they make good decorations for your trashcan :)

Snow Ring and omega ring, Teal Body for nuking, AF body for full resist nuking and for enfeebling, Uggy for neck and elemental torque for neck when Uggy not useable.

Also, don't use prude torque/legemeton unless you need it for helix spells or you get +1 lmedallion to replace elemental torque. On my server Lmedallion is 500K and +1 is too much. Not worth it when you could spend that gil on something else more important. T4s and T5s get a huge bonus from Mattk for SCH. There are plenty of places and items to pack in INT (Cream puff, abyssea buffs, snow ring/omega etc.) you don't need to ruin the neck slot. Put some uggy in there or elemental torque when uggy not active. If you cap without elemental torque (depending on mob) then you can use Caract choker for Mattk+2 instead as it's better then 4/5 INT still for nuking.

That's all relatively cheap until you can get actual drops that can replace those pieces :)

Most everyone in this thread already covered most of what I said, just putting in my garbled useless opinion :)
 Asura.Magicide
Server: Asura
By Asura.Magicide 2010-09-18 17:24:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Cordareo said:
If you cap without elemental torque (depending on mob) then you can use Caract choker for Mattk+2 instead as it's better then 4/5 INT still for nuking.
In most cases this is wrong. There are a number of variables to take into consideration, but for most decent nuking sets that already have a respectable amount of MAB and only moderate dINT, the 5 INT from a prudence torque will outnuke +2 MAB. Of course a proc'd Uggalepih or Artemis's mantle under the correct moon phase will annihilate either one, and Savant's chain is just all-around sexy.

For rings, Snow/Snow and Snow/Omega are comparable, Snow/Snow very slightly better for damage, Snow/Omega slightly better for resist, Aquilo's are the top rings AFAIK at the moment.

For body, Teal Saio is the standard and better than anything but Yhul/+1. It's pretty solid overall and obv. very inexpensive.