Bastion+EXPing = Broken ?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Bastion+EXPing = broken ?
Bastion+EXPing = broken ?
 Odin.Mikumaru
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Mikumaru
By Odin.Mikumaru 2010-09-10 23:36:13
Link | Quote | Reply

ok so i went exploring and joined Bastion battle in Miser-o coast having read about it on the forum . After 2 or 3 quick fights they stopped happening . After 10 or so minutes of waiting i decided that instead of completely wasting my time i'd fight a few of the DC-T Shore Spiders , avoiding the NM , to try and get a few Crests while i waited. I killed 3 or 4 spiders when another battle started . I dispatched the last spider and joined the battle . When it was over (2 minutes later) i was curious and decided to fight another EM Spider for giggles . It seemed that the EXP build didnt get reset as commonly believed . but since i was 1.) solo and 2.) doin it for such a short time i called a few friends to make a PT and test this out .

Although more testing is needed to confirm , i would have to say ATM that i think Bastion Battles dont reset EXP chain , and heres why : when youre under Pennent effect , only those with it can assist you other wise you get the 'Cant attack that target' messege .
hers the raw facts if anyone else would be interested in joinin this expierement :

PT of 6
PLD/DNC
SAM/NIN
DRG/SAM
NIN/WAR
SMN/RDM
RDM/WHM

we had the SMN pulling to ensure 1 spider at a time in case a battle started . when a battle started we killed the mob and joined the battle .
the first 5-8 mobs were DC-EM @Lv80 , but after that they were pretty much VT-IT . we stopped about 5-7 times in total to Battle , and each time we resumed the EXP didnt change . when we ended after about 80 minutes our EXP per kill was around 175 . Starting point is hard to state since the mob Lvs were so varied .
our set up was far from optimum and our Light build was very random since this kinda slapped together just for the sake of checking Chain loss .

while not impressive we gained about 15-18k (this includes Battle EXp) over the ~80 minutes . while 13.5k/hr isnt awesome by any standards , considering the target , PT make up , PT size , Lv Gap (NIN76 being the low man , SMN84 being the Hi Lv) AND being a first run , this could prove to be very good EXP if it can/could be fine tuned .

i think a BLM in place of the NIN would have been better to help get some Blue chests along with longer Battles could prove to be very advantageous while being pretty fun .

Alot of ppl treasure thier Stones and the time they have in Abyssea . Since BAstion Battle doesnt give TE , this ..... procedure could make it less of a 'Stone loser' . The spiders DO spam that Slowga crap , becoming annoying very quickly , but they didnt use Sickle slash all tha much . They may be another No-Ruby mob since the SAM and DRG did kill a few with WS and no Ruby was logged , i think .

anyway , we had some fun doin this , and i thought the community may wanna know about this . If anyone is able to refine this or confirm/debunk this theory plz post .
[+]
 Phoenix.Esaias
Server: Phoenix
user: Esaias
By Phoenix.Esaias 2010-09-12 06:26:31
Link | Quote | Reply

i was wondering about this myself building time in the zone and doing bastion.

good info ^^
 Odin.Mikumaru
Server: Odin
user: Mikumaru
By Odin.Mikumaru 2010-09-14 07:27:31
Link | Quote | Reply

During LS EXP/Farm lastnight i got my EXP up to 200 and went to a quick Bastion battle , didnt get EXP , but kept chain on EXP . more info to follow .